+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gantz

Newbie lordofbaka is off to a good start
    Thanks

Gantz

gantz, i started reading the manga just a few weeks ago, i watched a few anime episdoes at my friends house, and decided to read the manga, i frefer manga. so, what do you ppl think of it? i liked it becuse of the atmosphere describing and the very changing storytelling,
     click to show spoiler
    . so, what do you have to say? opinions!(there is quite a fine chance i didnt used the spoiler option right so blink tight beginners of gantz!)
    Last edited by Hassun; Dec 16, 2007 at 08:42 AM. Reason: spoiler tags were wrong

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Gantz

I really like the manga. It's amusing, has gore, embarrassment and quite an interesting story.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Gantz is my favorite manga

click to show spoiler

Gantz has a pretty heavy emphasis on selfishness vs. selflessness. All of the characters enter the story at a pretty low point in their lives: those who exit it either die or discover a vein of comeraderie and heroism to carry them through to 100 points and their ultimate exit from the system... though with the introduction of the ressurection rule, even 100 points earns you a moral dillema (though beginning with the Osaka arc,
     click to show spoiler

Gantz 22 came out last week and it's all Osaka-suits It sort of sucks. Gantz is jumping shark again. (It has a few times before and recovered though, so I remain hopeful)

Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Thanks

I watched the anime and as a gore on, love it!! but i dont know if it will cause that much impact to me as anime caused, if i'd read the Manga, well sometimes i find difficulties to enjoy a gore manga!! dont know why!

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd tend to think that anyone who calls Gantz a "gore manga" or a "gore anime" has been sheltered from seinen series' in general and has probably never even run into the horror or guro genres.

Gantz is only as gory as your average seinen comic... (there are even girls'/josei comics with disembowelment/decapitation/dismemberment just as graphic... "Animal X" for one). If you think Gantz is bad: I have books that will make you pee yourself... no doubt Hassun has even worse :P

Gantz isn't about guts... it's about character development. And the manga makes the anime seem like a gigantic waste of celluloid in comparison. Read it. It's funny, it's exciting, it's inspiring, it's romantic as hell, it's disturbing and it's incredibly sad in places.

Hiroya Oku is a living God to tomboys, chronic masturbators, homosexuals, and breast-fans everywhere.

Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    I'd tend to think that anyone who calls Gantz a "gore manga" or a "gore anime" has been sheltered from seinen series' in general and has probably never even run into the horror or guro genres.
    I guess my problem is watch the anime in first place, If i had read the manga first well i wouldnt think like that!

Newbie Spade6sic6 is off to a good start Spade6sic6's Avatar
    Thanks

I have been wondering, has the manga ended yet? How is the ending? I watched all 26 episodes of the anime, and was somewhat disappointed in the ending. How is it in the manga?
    Kill a man, you're a murderer.
    Kill a thousand men, you're a ruler.
    Kill every man, you're a God.

+ Reply to Thread