Closed Thread

Thread: Hana Kimi- manga and drama

Newbie Sazurii is off to a good start Sazurii's Avatar
    Thanks

Hana Kimi- manga and drama

Who cant love it? Hana-Kimi, the hilarious, romantic novel so many of us love. If you have read it what do you like about it? Anything. Do you have certain character?

I love the story of a girl who comes from america to Japan, cross dresses, and pretends to be a boy at an all boys school, just to be close to her idol, athlete. Im reading the 10th volume, so if anything "amazing" happens in the next one...AH dont tell me, eeee lol.
    My favorite part in the manga was the festival at the high school, and mizuki, Nakao, and other characters dressed up as girls. so funny.

I have watched some of the drama too. It's...dramatic. I think my favorite part so far in the drama was in the lunch room. At the beginning where Nakatsu is showing Mizuki around, Nakao (i think it was) gets upset about somethin and runs off.:: silence:: comes back, storms off in the other direction(was it about Mizuki being cuter then him?). yea and maybe the part on the track field, Mizuki sprints past everyone that was funny.

I think my favorite character is Mizuki. Shes cute, girly, and can kick your butt at the same time.

ok sorry i want to read other peoples love for Hana-Kimi. Express it
    Last edited by Sazurii; Apr 24, 2007 at 12:23 AM.
    No Way! I'm The Beautiful One Dammit!

Newbie Ahiko is off to a good start Ahiko's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Hana Kimi- manga and drama

Hana Kimi was one of the first manga I read (maybe it was the first? haha) and I loved it loved it loved it. I finished the whole series, but I promise I won't spoil it for you. ;] I especially loved Mizuki's weird relationship with Umeda-sensei, but I seriously didn't catch that Sano knew that she was a girl until halfway through the entire series.. It wasn't as obvious in the manga.

The Taiwanese drama is eh.. I'm enduring it, hehe. I wouldn't say that it's the best manga to Live Action adaptation. I bet Japan will come out with their own version in a few years. (Just like what they did in Hana Yori Dango to go against Meteor Garden.. I really thought Meteor Garden was really boring, sorry.)

The TW version is bearable. It helps that the actor for Sano is unbelievably adorable, hehehe. ^^; Yes, I'm guilty of continuing to watch a series if there's at least a couple of bishies to keep my eyes on the screen. Sano did figure out that she was a girl from the start which wasn't as subtle as the manga.

Some of the things that happen in the Live Action are kinda weird and acted really badly.. And the actor for Umeda-sensei is no good! He makes me want to cry. >_<;

If Japan comes out with their own version, I'll definitely watch it. :]
    あたしと一緒に遊びたい~

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahiko For This Useful Post:

Sazurii (Dec 31, 2007)

Wo chao xi huan ni Mahjong Champion, Shape Game Champion, Solitaire Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion, Looney Tunes Mahjong Champion, Elite Mahjong Champion, MahJong Champion, Mahjong XY Champion mahiru may be famous one day mahiru may be famous one day mahiru's Avatar
    Thanks

Eeee!! HOW DID I MISS THIS THREAD?!?!?! *calms down*

Well... the Hana Kimi manga I simply adore. It's cute, and even though the plot of a girl disguising herself in an all boys school or w/e is getting to be kind of overdone... I think I like this one the best >0< The only thing I don't like is how abruptly it ends =/

The Taiwanese drama = LIFE for me!! (Or... it did when it was still airing...). I LOVE Jiro Wang (the guy who played Nakatsu's character). His actions are always so weird and over-the-top that he seems like an anime/manga character himself, IMO ^o^ And I like him better in this drama than I did in ISWAK (another drama, also based off a manga). And Sano? Totally HOT! Not to mention it was nice to actually hear Wu Zun's voice in a drama (the last drama he was in, Tokyo Juliet ((also based off a manga)), apparently had to be dubbed because he wasn't fluent enough yet -.-;; ). I don't like most of the changes they made, but my favourite scene... "G-Y-A, GAY, okay?!?!" bwahahaha
    Last edited by mahiru; May 01, 2007 at 04:55 PM.
    Wo shi zhen zhen zhen xi huan ni...

Thank you Equinn!! ^-^

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mahiru For This Useful Post:

Sazurii (Dec 31, 2007)

Otaku toonfan630 may be famous one day toonfan630 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Hana-Kimi is a great manga. It really keeps the interest going. Very cool and attractive characters too. The pictures are amazing as well.
    "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." Oscar Wilde.

Leave me and my simple sig alone. I like it. ^o^

7. The Following User Says Thank You to toonfan630 For This Useful Post:

Sazurii (Dec 31, 2007)

Closed Thread