+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hayate the Combat Butler

Otaku Kairu is off to a good start Kairu's Avatar
    Thanks

Hayate the Combat Butler

I was just wondering if anyone had heard of this manga before. I was looking around the stuff they got at Books a Million and spotted the cover to the first volume. It looked pretty cool and X-mas'y so I got it. To my surprise it was really good.
    A comedy romance....which is my fav kind of manga really.
    It has....9 volumes I think....I am only on vol 2 at the moment...so please do not give anything away for me XD

Otaku Eria is off to a good start Eria's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Hayate the Combat Butler

I've heard of it but never actually read it. The description sounds like a more comical version of Princess Resurrection. If I remember correctly there is 15 volumes of Hayate in Japan currently. I think eventual I probably will give it a try.

I'm just me.

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

It's still ongoing and currently has 15 volumes. I don't see anything special about it but it ain't bad either, i could say that it's quite good enough to be read. I've only read 6 volumes and i stopped from there but don't get me wrong it ain't bad, i just found something better.

Otaku Cinlilly is off to a good start
    Thanks

I've read about three volumes of this but never touched it again but that was just because I didn't have that much free time. I definitely have to pick it up again, though. I think it's hilarious and the manga is also an anime now. ^__^

WIKI STRIKES AGAIN: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayate_the_combat_butler

Hayate the Combat Butler (ハヤテのごとく!, Hayate no Gotoku!?) is a Japanese manga series, written by manga author Kenjiro Hata, about a boy who starts a new job as a butler and the events he experiences with his employer. The manga is currently on its fifteenth volume in Japan. The English edition of the series has been licensed by Viz Media for distribution in North America. The style of the manga has a comedic gag with a slight harem feel and constantly breaks the fourth wall. The series includes references to other anime, manga, video games, and popular culture. An anime adaptation of the manga started airing on April 1, 2007, and ended on March 30, 2008 on TV Tokyo. A second anime season of Hayate the Combat Butler was officially confirmed for production by TV Tokyo on the official site on March 31, 2008, and in Shōnen Sunday volume eighteen, released on April 2, 2008.[1][2] Another such announcement immediately followed the ending credits of the final episode of season one.
    Very wacky but cute, too. :3

ಥ__ಥ

Thanks

For those of you who are familiar with the story....how did the relationship between Nagi and Hayate strike you?
    I mean do not tell what happens in the end of it. But first off did it strike you as odd.....a guy that is 17 or 18 with a just turned 14 year old? Course Hayate does not really know what is going on yet (idiot XD) but still.

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kairu View Post
    For those of you who are familiar with the story....how did the relationship between Nagi and Hayate strike you?
    I mean do not tell what happens in the end of it. But first off did it strike you as odd.....a guy that is 17 or 18 with a just turned 14 year old? Course Hayate does not really know what is going on yet (idiot XD) but still.
    You mean the age gap? When i was 19 i had a girlfriend that was only 14, so not really striking to me.

Thanks

Do not mistake me, I have not problem with the age gap. I thought it odd for the reason that it was put into a manga...it seems to me that a lot of people see that sorta age gap as immoral.
    I also think the same with the incestual manga. Hence Cherry Juice...never read it but read the odd synopsis and really want to now.

Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Thanks

I've seen the anime, haven't read the manga entirely. Just a few pages. There's not much to it when it comes to storyline, but then again, it's a comedy. I like the artwork.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast