Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I am in desperate need of a good manga.

Otaku Waremono is off to a good start Waremono's Avatar
    Thanks

I am in desperate need of a good manga.

I have read the following books and wish for more to read, I am not interested in blood and gore so much as I'm interested in romance!!!!
    Demon Diary (Vol.1-7)
    FruitsBasket (Vol.1-13)
    Black Cat (Vol.1-7)
    Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories (Vol.1-2)
    Orphen (Vol.2 and 4)
    DNAngel (Vol.1-10)

I tend not to read books out of order...I'm so sorry Orphen!!!!!
    If your happy and you know it make a kitty!!! =^_^= <Meow!

Newbie Angelic_gurl_1027 may be famous one day Angelic_gurl_1027 may be famous one day Angelic_gurl_1027's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: I am in desperate need of a good manga.

You like romance... hmm ... you should try out Ceres: Celestial Legend, Love Hina, Pita-Ten that's all i could think of .... here i found this for you so you can look up all the romance manga you want to find .. .lol

Category:Romance manga - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by Dragon Ball; Apr 30, 2007 at 08:32 AM. Reason: no need to quote the post above you as it's the first one in the thread.
    I'm in love with the BEST guy ever! I love YOU baby!!

Slippery When Wet~ Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion, Togy Ball Champion highteckdudu is off to a good start highteckdudu's Avatar
    The wonderfull world of Minnesota! And I mean that!
    Thanks

Try Ranama 1/2 is funny and its a romance. if you want a quick idea of what it is about just ask! uless you have read it already!

Newbie Ahiko is off to a good start Ahiko's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll sort them by maturity from the really kiddy ones to the later high school ones:

- Gakuen Alice/Alice Academy*
    - Kamichama Karin* (it has an anime out!)
    - Tsubasa Chronicle*
    - Marmalade Boy*
    - Dakedo Happy Paradise
    - Fushigi Yuugi*
    - Parfait Tic
    - MeruPuri*
    - Love Monster
    - Vampire Knight*
    - Love Celeb
    - Desire Climax
    - Haou Airen

* licensed in the US

Pink ones are my most favorite.
    あたしと一緒に遊びたい~

Thanks

I thank you all so kindly for giving me these manga titles. I'll make sure to check out at least 4 of the suggested titles!
    What is Ranma 1/2 about?

(Could I get a summary of each manga that you all submit? That way I will be sure to get what is appropriate for my age, I'm 16 so I can't get adult manga yet!!!)

Newbie Ahiko is off to a good start Ahiko's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Waremono View Post
    Could I get a summary of each manga that you all submit? That way I will be sure to get what is appropriate for my age, I'm 16 so I can't get adult manga yet!!!
    Hmm.. most of these titles are appropriate for 16 year olds (I was reading them at your age, too), although Love Celeb, Desire Climax, Haou Airen, and Love Monster can get a little too smutty sometimes. They'd probably fall into the category of shoujo's guilty pleasures. xP

Summaries credit goes to AnimeNewsNetwork.

Gakuen Alice/Alice Academy by Tachibana Higuchi
    In a small country school, Sakura Mikan and Imai Hotaru are classmates and best friends - in their own way. Ditzy, emotional Mikan seems ill-matched with aloof, emotionless Hotaru, yet they are together all the time... until Hotaru gets called away to study at the strange and forbidding Alice Academy. In her anguish at being left behind, Mikan finally decides to follow her friend - and doing so, she makes a strange discovery.
    - Appropriate for All Ages

Kamichama Karin
    Orphan Hanazono Karin is a below-average girl who just lost another person dear to her; her best friend and loyal cat, Shi-chan. While visiting Shi-chan's grave, she meets Kujyou Kazune, a smart prettyboy who insults her right after meeting her. She runs away from him, hoping to never see his face again, but fate seems to have other ideas -- the girl she bumps into the very next day is none other than Himeka, Kazune's cousin. During her second meeting with Kazune, something strange happens to her ring, the last thing she has to remember her mother by. Afterwards, strange events happen all day around her, with no explaination. The fourth meeting with Kazune explains quite a bit; her ring has the power to turn her into a goddess. With Himeka's support and Kazune's guidance, Karin begins her training to become one of the divine.

Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE by CLAMP
    Sakura and Syaoran from Cardcaptor Sakura are back, but they aren't alone. CLAMP's brought together characters from all their creations for this alternate universe tale about the story of Syaoran, a boy who must travel across worlds with the help of Fye, a magician fleeing his own world, Kurogane, a ninja trying to get back to his own world, and Mokona, a creature given to them them by XXXHolic’s Yuuko, to help on their journey. Together they search for feathers of Sakura's memory in order to save her life.

Dakedo Happy Paradise by Takarada Iyo
    - Appropriate for All Ages (some sexual innuendos)

Parfait Tic by Nanaji Nagamu
    Fuuko is a happy and cheerful girl. One day, two cousins, Daiya and Ichi, move into the apartment upstairs. Cold Ichi and mischievous Daiya gave a very bad first impression. All three are going to the same school as well. How will Fuuko's high school life turn out.

Marmalade Boy Yoshizumi Wataru
    Rumi and Jin Koishikawa unexpectedly announce to their daughter, Miki, that they are going to get divorced. Not only that, but they plan to swap partners with another couple, Chiyako and Youji Matsuura (who have a son, Yuu, the same age as Miki), and get re-married. The families move in together, and a romance develops between Miki and Yuu. Various romantic triangles start to appear, and quite a few people try to break Miki and Yuu apart. Yuu is also searching for the identity of his biological father and confesses his frustrations to Miki. Their romantic relationship continues to thrive and, despite all obstacles, they are together in the end.
    - Appropriate for Ages 13+ (some pseudo-incest themes)

Fushigi Yuugi by Watase Yuu
    Miaka was just an average student preparing to take the exams for high school. She goes to study with her extremely smart best friend Yui, when she and her friend are drawn into the book, "The Universe of the Four Gods." There, she is offered the position of the Priestess of Suzaku, one of the gods, to be awarded 3 wishes. In order to summon Suzaku, she must find the 7 celestial warriors of Suzaku, which are identified by a character somewhere on their body. Along the way, her friend Yui is made the Priestess of Seiryu and turns into her enemy. As Miaka goes to find the Celestial warriors, many turns and obstacles are in her path. She must fight the warriors of Seiryu and save Konan and her life.
    - Appropriate for Ages 13+ (violence, sexual themes, etc)

MeruPuri by Hino Matsuri
    Airi Hoshina, a regular highschool girl who wants nothing but the perfect future husband, family and life, has some pretty high ideals. But, those ideals flipped upside down as she comes across a young boy named Aram, who returns her small mirror, that has been passed on through Airi's family through generations. Airi soon finds that Aram is a prince that came through that very mirror from his world to seek refuge from his half-brother, Jeile, who has cast a horrible spell on him. Airi soon takes in Aram, and finds the next morning that Aram has turned from a child into a young man. Aram's servant, Lei, explains that the spell Jeile cast was supposed to turn Aram into an old man when he entered darkness (night, a dark closet, etc.) and deny him use of his magic. But the spell only half worked. Now, Airi must help Aram get back to his normal self, and try to keep up with finding that perfect man at the same time. But perhaps Airi is closer to that man than she thinks.
    - Appropriate for Ages 13+ (some sexual themes)

Love Monster by Miyagi Riko
    Hiyo Osora failed the entrance exam to her high school of choice, but lucky for her she receives an acceptance letter to SM Academy, a prestigious school she didn't even apply to. When she gets there, the student council president tells her that she's his fiance, and then to top things off, she finds out that SM Academy is a school for monsters.
    Hiyo Osura fails the entrance examination to the high school of her choice. Then, on the same day, she receives a mail telling her that she is accepted into SM Academy, although she didn't apply. There, she realizes that this school is full of monsters. Also, the head of the student council, Tenmo Kouro, claims to be her finacee. However, Hiyo doesn't realize that there will be more bizarre things happening to her in this school.
    - Appropriate for Ages 16+ (some sexual innuendos/themes)

Vampire Knight by Hino Matsuri
    Yuki's earliest memory is of a stormy night in winter, wherein she was attacked by a vampire... And then rescued by another. Now 10 years later, Yuki Cross, the adapted daughter of the headmaster of Cross Academy, has grown up and become a guardian of the vampire race, protecting her savior, Kaname, from discovery as he leads a group of vampires at the elite boarding school. But also at her side is Zero Kiryu, a childhood friend who’s hatred for the creatures that destroyed everything he held dear, is now determined never to trust them. This coexisting arrangement seems all well and good, but have the vampires truly renounced their murderous ways, or is there a darker truth behind their actions. Is Kaname's infatuation with Yuki the beginning of a forbidden romance, or is it something in her forgotten past that draws him to her. Because in this world of secrets, nothing is as it seems. And the price of misplaced trust may even be worse than death.
    - Appropriate for Ages 16+ (violence, sexual themes/innuendos)

Love Celeb: King Egoist by Shinjo Mayu
    Ever since she could remember Nakazono Kirara has wanted to be an idol. Her manager Hanamaki even hand picked her to become the next 'it' girl, but after a series of pointless and rather degrading gigs, Hanamaki feels it time to get serious,but what exactly IS a love celeb... enter the mysterious, silver haired man they call 'Gin' who saves her from the advances of producers who want her virginity in exchange for a job. Little does she know Gin is even worse, and proposes to buy her. After escaping his clutches she feels everything will go back to normal...but then why is she now suddenly the most talked about girl in Tokyo...
    - Appropriate for Ages 16+ (sexual themes)

Desire Climax by Ukyou Ayane
    Omori Mio is 17 years old. To help out her desperately poor family, she takes on a part-time job. Then, one night, a boy snatches a kiss from her and offers her money, saying, "I'll buy you." Who is the boy who stole Mio's first kiss. . .!?
    - Appropriate for Ages 16+ (incest, sexual themes)

Haou Airen by Shinjo Mayu
    One day while walking home from her job, Kurumi Akino finds a wounded young man, and saves his life. He mysteriously dissapears after that, and leaves only the name “Hakuron”. Next thing she knows she’s been kidnapped from her school, and is on a private jet with that man, heading to China. It turns out she saved the life of the most infamous mobster in Hong Kong, and he wants her to stay with him.
    - Appropriate for Ages 16+ (sexual themes)
    [/COLOR]
    あたしと一緒に遊びたい~

Thanks

Uwaah!!! I look forward to reading them all, thank you for helping me find a good book!
    Last edited by Dragon Ball; Apr 30, 2007 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Please don't quote that huge post above you.

Newbie Cartoon King is off to a good start Cartoon King's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Waremono View Post
    I thank you all so kindly for giving me these manga titles. I'll make sure to check out at least 4 of the suggested titles!
    What is Ranma 1/2 about?

(Could I get a summary of each manga that you all submit? That way I will be sure to get what is appropriate for my age, I'm 16 so I can't get adult manga yet!!!)
    Ranma 1/2 follows the life of young martial artist Ranma Saotome, who is cursed during a training misson with his father in China. Both of them fell into cursed springs-in which would turn whoever fell in into whatever drowned there. Ranma ends up being a girl version of himself and his father becomes a panda. Warm or hot water reverses the curse while cold water turns them back to cursed forms.

If things weren't complicated enough, Ranma returns to Japan with his dad, only to discover that he is to be engaged with one of the daughters of his father's old friend from their early years.
    Apparantly, the youngest, Akane Tendo, was selected by her father and sisters to become Ranma's fiance.
    But, here's the catch, Ranma & Akane detest each other or so they would try to make everyone believe. Deep down, they care about each other a lot, but are both too proud and stubborn to admit. Their romance acts as the key to the whole story, especially since their families are trying to match them togather.
    Further complications arise in other fiances and love rivals such as Shampoo the chinese amazon, Tatewaki Kuno, a upper class kendo master who coincidentally loves both Akane and Ranma's girl fdorm (though he never realises this) and Ryoga Hibiki, Ranma's biggest rival, who too was cursed, but takes the form of a little black pig, who in turn becomes Akane's pet and falls in love with her from there.

Hope that helps. It's primarilly a love story, mixed with comedy and martial arts.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast