+ Reply to Thread

Thread: i need a new manga to read any idea's?!

Newbie Chainsawyou is off to a good start Chainsawyou's Avatar
    Thanks

i need a new manga to read any idea's?!

im currently not reading any manga and i really would like to anybody have any good ideas?

Newbie Nocturne is off to a good start Nocturne's Avatar
    Hidin' in your windows, snatchn' your people up.
    Thanks

Re: i need a new manga to read any idea's?!

I would definitely give King of Hell a whirl.This is by far one of my most favourite manga series.

In life, Majeh was a gifted swordsman. In death he acts as a reaper for the King of Hell, collecting souls of the dead to bring them to the netherworld. All this changes when a rift opens up between Hell and Earth and evil spirits begin escaping to the mortal realm. Now Majeh must hunt down and destroy these demons before the rift is permanently opened.
    The plot is simplistic sounding at first, but it throws in a lot more layers.
    The artwork is beautiful, and when the situation calls makes the funny parts even more hysterical or action scenes even more badass.

They're are 24 volumes in total for the series.

Orochimaru Fangirl ♥ | MMO Junkie

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

would help us if you give us a specific genre that you like.

Newbie Chainsawyou is off to a good start Chainsawyou's Avatar
    Thanks
    what is a quick description of King of hell ,like what kind of story does it have?

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    would help us if you give us a specific genre that you like.
    well honestly i like anything really it doesnt matter im not too picky unless im actually buying it at a store im most likely going to look it up online.
    Last edited by aceman67; Aug 05, 2010 at 10:13 PM.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Then I might suggest three of my favorite Manga's, MARS, Ai Yori Aoshi and Kare Kano (His and Hers Circumstances). The first one is a Romantic Drama, the last two are both romantic comedy/drama series.

MARS Plot:
    The manga stars Kira Aso, a timid artist who lives with her mom, and Rei Kashino, a flirt and playboy with a penchant for racing motorcycles (professionally). These two unlikely teenagers fall in and out of love (and in again by the end) throughout the course of the 15 book series.

The two meet when Rei asks Kira for directions to a local hospital one day in the park, but instead of telling him the directions she draws him a map and hands it to him without saying a word. On the back of the map is a picture Kira drew of a mother and child. On the first day at school they are both surprised to find each other in the same class. Later, Rei walks in on their teacher sexually harassing Kira. Rei promises to protect Kira in exchange for a painted version of the sketch that was on the back of the map. He also offers to "lend Kira his body" and she asks him to model for her. All this interaction leads to a very interesting relationship between the two.
    Ai Yori Aoshi plot:
    Despite her family's protests, Aoi Sakuraba decides that she is going to marry Kaoru Hanabishi, her love of eighteen years. Once he realizes that her intentions are genuine - and that she's not just trying to get him to reconcile with his estranged (and domineering) family - he begins to definitely warm up to the idea, too. What obstacles must the two overcome in order to be together?
    Kare Kano plot:
    At the heart of this story is the romance between Yukino Miyazawa and Soichiro Arima. Yukino is an honors student, and the envy of her classmates and appears to be the perfect model student, but this is just a facade that she puts on because she loves to be praised and is a self proclaimed "Queen of Vanity". When she starts high school, she is shocked that someone else beat her entrance exam score and became the class representative, that person being Arima.

This spawns a rivalry (at least in Yukino's perspective) between the two, and its during this time that Arima discovers that the Yukino at school is just a front, and to keep him quiet, he makes Yukino his slave. They become friends, and eventually, Arima confesses his feelings for Yukino to her, and they begin dating.

The story has a fairly large cast of characters, and throughout the story, they all get their time in the spot light, and the manga covers subjects like bullying and peer pressure, academic stress, complex family issues like child abuse and abandonment, marrying young and unexpected pregnancies.

+ Reply to Thread