+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Kinda New To Anime/Manga, Help? ^^

Newbie flopkins is off to a good start flopkins's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Kinda New To Anime/Manga, Help? ^^

Hi guys, i've recently got into manga and a bit of anime, and to be perfectly honest, i don't know what i'm looking for

i'm into:
    -Comedy
    -Romance
    -Drama

and the only manga i've really read a bit of was LIFE and Deathnote, and watched some Chobits
    Which i enjoyed.

So any help will be much apreciated, litterally, just post some mangas/animes (Prefer animes so i can look at them before buying ^^)

Thanks Alot
    Flopkins.
    Ayumu Shiiba... <3

Newbie Aaron53 is off to a good start Aaron53's Avatar
    Thanks

Smile Re: Kinda New To Anime/Manga, Help? ^^

Hi how rhow you doing is u haveing a good time on here if you need anything let me know

Otaku ING Cricket Champion, Chickenboy Chucky Champion, Dancer duck Champion, Jake,s Fire Power Champion, Bomber Bob Champion, Road Hogs Champion, Van Champion, Hacker Champion, Gorillaz Tiles Champion, Clicken Gold Champion, Galleon Champion, QBeez Champion ihauntforlust is off to a good start
    Thanks

Post Re: Kinda New To Anime/Manga, Help? ^^

Ummm ,

I think you should try and see Naruto, it's well-known and popular, you'll find Comedy in that Anime and a bit of Romance ... I suppose. xD

Ouran High School Host Club is another Comedy/Romance type of Anime, It's a really cool Anime to watch. xP

Well ... For Drama I'm not really sure. ^^'

Newbie Remagine is off to a good start Remagine's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Kinda New To Anime/Manga, Help? ^^

Love Hina is a full fledged romance/comedy.
    It centers around a student trying to get into a university because of a very old promise.

here's a page with a more solid description;
    Linkage..
    (oh and unlike the agerating suggests it doesnt really contain nudity -.-*)

Then theres Black cat, a more action oriented anime with a decent amount of humour involved.
    You can find that one on the same site, infact you can find a decent description of most animes there.

Newbie Mortacxo is off to a good start Mortacxo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Remagine View Post
    Love Hina is a full fledged romance/comedy.
    It centers around a student trying to get into a university because of a very old promise.

here's a page with a more solid description;
    Linkage..
    (oh and unlike the agerating suggests it doesnt really contain nudity -.-*)

Then theres Black cat, a more action oriented anime with a decent amount of humour involved.
    You can find that one on the same site, infact you can find a decent description of most animes there.
    I'd like to add another Romance/Comedy to those =) , Lovely Complex.
    It is a kind of cute anime, with lots of humor into it tho its not a type of good "harem" anime like Love Hina, other than that I fully agree to Remagines recommendations . Its a good "start package" xP.

Cheers!

Newbie Angel of Darkness is off to a good start Angel of Darkness's Avatar
    The damp darkness of the forest's heartwoods
    Thanks

Fruits Basket! It's a great anime and manga, lots of Drama, Humor, Romance, and the occasional Cross-Dressing lol.

Hmm, Fullmetal Alchemist is funny but also heavy on drama and sadness. I second the recommendation to see Naruto, it's excellent. Geez, why can't I think of more right now ...? I know there's a lot more than that!! Welcome to a vast and wonderful world heehee!
    Anyennaiv likes this.
    Tears are the feelings that a heart can no longer hold.

Newbie Chibibreeder is off to a good start
    Thanks

New to the anime field, huh? No problem! There are hundreds of thousands of animes and mangas to choose from. For your choice, you might take up "Eureka seveN". It's a very good anime, with a complex storyline and lots of surprises. Some others you might like include Fullmetal Alchemist, an action packed drama, or Love Hina, a romantic comedy. Also, I'm not sure if this is your thing, but there are also yaoi and yuri anime/manga (homosexual romantic storylines) But that may not be your jazz, which is fine.

I hope you enjoy getting into anime!

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

You're a girl... Right? Right? Oh well. Below are anime recommendations.

Perfect Girl Evolution. Some romance, and alot of comedy that you can really get into. It's about a girl, Sunako, who, scarred from being called "ugly" by her first true love. Her aunt gets worried about her, and offers four young men free rent in her big estate if they can turn Sunako back into a lady... Because after that incident, she's embraced all that's macabre and shunned beauty. Really, really funny. might take a while to get into the art, but you'll get into it.

Hoshi no Koe, or Voices of a Distant Star. A drama about a boy on Earth and his long-distance relationship with his girlfriend, in space.

Watch every Studio Ghibli movie ever directed by Hayao Miyazaki in existence. Remember, Hayao! Not his son.

Full Moon o Sagashite, or Searching for the Full Moon. Has everything; romance, comedy, and drama. Features a 10-year-old girl, Mitsuki, who has throat cancer, and whose life long ambition is to become a singer. Her dream is part of a promise she made to a long-lost childhood friend and crush. One day, two Shinigami, in charge of collecting souls, are sent to watch over her till the day she's destined to die. For some reason, she can see the two, and later on, they agree to make a deal that will benefit both of them. The shinigami will help her achieve her dream, as long as she comes quietly with them one year from now. Sort of cheesy, but it's actually pretty sweet and melancholic. And funny at times, though not as much as Perfect Girl Evolution.

Keroro Gunsou, or Sgt. Frog. Really, really funny comedy anime about froggy alien invaders... Who really, really suck at invading. Just watch it. Odd, but just watch it. Makes a lot of cute pop-culture references, too. There's even a Monty Python reference...
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast