+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Life (Raifu)

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Life (Raifu)

I only read about the first half of the graphic novel's first volume, however, I was pretty impressed with what I've seen, although it's a bit emo (just a little bit). I don't read too much shoujo manga, but I'm considering investing some time and money in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Life (ライフ, Raifu?) is an ongoing shōjo manga series created by Keiko Suenobu, a manga creator well known for her work on Vitamin and Happy Tomorrow. Life is serialized in Bessatsu Friend, a publication of Kodansha, and deals with many controversial topics such as self-mutilation, bullying, rape, suicide, and manipulation. In 2006, it won the Kodansha Manga Award for shōjo.[2]

http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...e-action_drama
    I wanted to include more, but it's more of a spoiler than a summary. Anywho, I like how it approaches real life situations (though, it's more like through the eyes of a Japanese girl... And I'm not Japanese, LOL) and the art is AMAZING! I wish I could draw like that! I only hope to achieve that calibur of manga art someday. I'm gonna go and buy/finish volume one and possibly volume two. While I do that, I wanna hear what those who've already read this series think of it.

What did you like/dislike? Why? Is it worth pouring my money in to the entire series? Time to talk about Life.

Newbie kira666 is off to a good start kira666's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Life (Raifu)

i liked this series a lot, and found the topics heavy,and realistic. i was disturbed,but it only added to the entire disgust of certain character's actions. this includes the sadistic katsumi, who honestly deserved death for his horrific molestation. the artwork was surprisingly good, especially on hands and facial emotions. i wouldnt recommend it for the younger shoujo fans though.
    KIRA IS LAW

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Life (Raifu)

i love this series, it seriousness was refreshing, it separated itself from generic shoujo. im glad someone finally mentioned it.

+ Reply to Thread