+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 16

Thread: Looking for something new..

  1. #1
    Otaku Redsquire is off to a good start
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bonnie Scotland, under a bridge. Och aye. ~<3
    Posts
    163
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Question Looking for something new..

    Okay, I'm starting to finish off a lot of the different series' of my manga books that I currently have, and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions of their own for new storys that I could maybe enjoy. : D I like fantasy (medievil or modern), action, romance/emo-ness, sci-fi, generally a lot of different things. Of series I have just now, they include;

    Ranma 1/2, Inu-yasha, Dragonball, DBZ, some varying Vampire Princess Miyu and Vampire Yui books, Tanaka Gon, Reservoir Chronicle Tsubasa, Remote, Love Hina, A.I Love You, Mark of the Succubus, Negima, Ai Yori Aoshi, Psychic Academy, and quite a few others. I'll name them off if someone tells me something I've already read in any case.

    Anyway, I'm open for any suggestions you may have. ^_^ Any manga series at all, just whatever you liked best and you'd definately suggest for me, or anything vague and not particularly mainstream that you took a fancy to. I'm not that fussy. Hmm... I'm also looking for a good manga with a lot of fight scenes in it, if possible, to take some inspiration from, so if anyone has any suggestions on this either, I would love to hear them. <3

    Oh! I'll be ordering stuff over the web soon, so please feel free to suggest something that doesn't particularly HAVE to be in the shops whenever I go in. Because I could just as easily order it. <3

    Thank yous! ^o^

    My name ish Steph! -Poses as cape flaps in wind- DX
    -=::/ Tanshin Art Studio \::=-

  2. #2
    Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Posts
    363
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 26 Times in 26 Posts

    Re: Looking for something new..

    Seems like your not into either Naruto, One Piece or Bleach?
    Okay, I can just tell you what I really enjoyed reading, or read: I liked Bitter Virgin a lot, which would be of the romance categorie,
    and Vagabong is a very enjoyable read as well at the moment, even though it progresses very slowly. This take place in feudal japan and basically tells the story of Musashi Miyamoto.
    I'll edit it later maybe, no time now. xD
    You are now breathing manually. :P

    E&OE;

  3. #3
    Otaku Redsquire is off to a good start
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bonnie Scotland, under a bridge. Och aye. ~<3
    Posts
    163
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Question Re: Looking for something new..

    Quote Originally Posted by lapislazuli View Post
    Seems like your not into either Naruto, One Piece or Bleach?
    Okay, I can just tell you what I really enjoyed reading, or read: I liked Bitter Virgin a lot, which would be of the romance categorie,
    and Vagabong is a very enjoyable read as well at the moment, even though it progresses very slowly. This take place in feudal japan and basically tells the story of Musashi Miyamoto.
    I'll edit it later maybe, no time now. xD

    Bitter Virgin seems mature, I suspect? I dont know, random image searches on google seemed to come back with a bit of an adult-looking manga. xD Although the style looks quite interesting, and the story sounds decent too. I can honestly say I've never seen it in the shops here, so this might be one I'll order in to see if I like it, yep. <3 Oh, and yes, I like Naruto and One Piece, I've never read Bleach and to be honest, I dont think I'm interested in it. I haven't bought any of One Piece personally, but I have most of the latest released Naruto manga. <3 It's just not one of my favourites just now.

    I love the style for Vagabond, it reminds me a little of the old Lone Wolf and Son manga. <3 Awesome. Going to look more into that one I think. ^_^ I dont know much about it I'm afraid. : (

    Thankies for the suggestions! : D

    My name ish Steph! -Poses as cape flaps in wind- DX
    -=::/ Tanshin Art Studio \::=-

  4. #4
    Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Posts
    363
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 26 Times in 26 Posts

    Re: Looking for something new..

    In which way mature? :P
    Seriously, it does not fall into such a categorie I'd say. But the plot is rather mature and serious. Not necessarily appropriate for kids. It's really exciting though, makes you want to read the next chapter. Doesn't let you go. I completed it in an instant, which is sad.

    And yeah, Vagabond. What can I tell you about that one. First of all, I really~ like the style of it. It looks awesome, in my opinion it has one of the best looking drawings ever, very artistic sometimes, I totally like that.
    The plot is very interesting as well. Basically about Musashi Miyamotos life, as you may already have found out. And some other person which will be introduced somewhen later on. And it's kinda realistic, if you know what I mean. Not like One Piece or Dragon Ball or Naruto. xD
    I guess I can say it's my favourite manga at the moment.
    You are now breathing manually. :P

    E&OE;

  5. #5
    Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Life is an illusion.
    Posts
    2,429
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts

    Re: Looking for something new..

    Bitter Virgin is an excellent manga. Though it's a shame it ended in such a predictable manner. Hopefully it will resume.

    Here is what I am reading/have read:

    Akumetsu
    Eyeshield 21
    Super Cruel and Terrible Tales of Mangaka Manga
    The World Is Mine

    Worst - don't go by the name, it's an AWESOME manga.
    Crows - Prequel to Worst.
    Fist of the North Star - name variation is there; Hokuto no Ken if I'm right.
    Full Metal Alchemist
    Ii Hito - One of the best manga I've ever read
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
    Vagabond - amazing drawing
    Baki The Son of Ogre [there are also mangas like this, such as Garouden]
    Soul Eater
    Fairy Tail
    Trigun
    Shiki
    Pretty Face
    Magic Card
    HELLSING
    Orphen
    Ai Kora
    Midnight Secretary
    Uzumaki
    Kekkaishi
    Change 123
    Akagi
    Aiki
    Superior
    Kamen Teacher
    Black Lagoon
    Kimi No Iru Machi
    Family Compo
    Mysterious Girlfriend X
    Shaman King
    Wild Life
    Ayu Mayu



    Sorry I can't give you a brief review of the mangas I mentioned, partly due to the fact that there's too many ... and I'm lazy. ^_^
    Although, there are many mature scenes in "The World Is Mine" and Baki - people exploding, fighting, bones showing.
    And for some manga, [medium] nudity and swearing.
    Last edited by Rave_Grip; Mar 21, 2009 at 05:53 PM.

  6. #6
    Otaku Redsquire is off to a good start
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bonnie Scotland, under a bridge. Och aye. ~<3
    Posts
    163
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Question Re: Looking for something new..

    Quote Originally Posted by lapislazuli View Post
    In which way mature? :P
    Seriously, it does not fall into such a categorie I'd say. But the plot is rather mature and serious. Not necessarily appropriate for kids. It's really exciting though, makes you want to read the next chapter. Doesn't let you go. I completed it in an instant, which is sad.

    And yeah, Vagabond. What can I tell you about that one. First of all, I really~ like the style of it. It looks awesome, in my opinion it has one of the best looking drawings ever, very artistic sometimes, I totally like that.
    The plot is very interesting as well. Basically about Musashi Miyamotos life, as you may already have found out. And some other person which will be introduced somewhen later on. And it's kinda realistic, if you know what I mean. Not like One Piece or Dragon Ball or Naruto. xD
    I guess I can say it's my favourite manga at the moment.
    The general manga I have tends to be very "cartoon-y", and I think a more "real" looking style of manga like Lone Wolf or Vagabond wouldn't do any harm in my collection, to be honest, if you know what I mean. xD I'll definately have a lookie out for it. <3<3 ... Man. I need to figure out exactly WHERE I'm going to put all of my manga lately. ;o; I've ran out of room! Meep!! And seriously! I did a search for Bitter Virgin on Google and at least ONE of the images on image search I got back, as I recall, was a rather naked young lady. O.o

    Maybe its just me being unfamiliar with the series and its just some random image completely unrelated to the series or something, and it just comes up in the image search or something. I dunno. Bah.

    Rave Grip - I've often felt about buying in Orphen. xp As foooor... Magic Card, I can't seem to find anything on it, but I'll try again later when I'm not as fat and lazy. :O In the meantime, lets have a fat and lazy competition!!

    -RECLINES!!- >:O

    Pretty Face seems familiar in style (at least to me) a bit like Ken Akamatsu's style, and thats always a win with me. At least, theres a lot of "cute" going on with the anime girls in that one. xp Weehee~! Going to look at that one a bit. <3 Aaaahhh yes, Soul Eater, theres a familiar one for me. x3

    Baki and Garouden, the expressions of characters in those scare the HELL out of me. o.o Reminds me a little of that Maori thing, sticking out their tongues. That scares the hell out of me too. >o< But I'll look for those, because I think by the look of them they might have some decently interesting fightscenes. Ii Hito has an interesting style too.

    My ex likes Full Metal Alchemist. For some reason it would hurt my pride to feel "newbie" compared to her, so I try to avoid looking at FMA stuff. xD

    And oh, I seen the Fist of the North Star movie AGES ago, its been so long, but I remember it was one of the first (five) anime movies I ever saw. ^_^ I'd buy that for the sheer nostalgia. <3<3 ROFL, Akumetsu, AGAIN with the scary faced people. xD -Is hiding now-

    I think the style for The World Is Mine is something that quite appeals to me too. <3 Annndd, for my OWN note-taking, I just saw something called "Under the Rose" and the nutshell I got of the storyline seemed teasingly interesting, so I'll make a note to look into that one too. ^o^

    My name ish Steph! -Poses as cape flaps in wind- DX
    -=::/ Tanshin Art Studio \::=-

  7. #7
    Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Posts
    363
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 26 Times in 26 Posts

    Re: Looking for something new..

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsquire View Post
    The general manga I have tends to be very "cartoon-y", and I think a more "real" looking style of manga like Lone Wolf or Vagabond wouldn't do any harm in my collection, to be honest, if you know what I mean. xD I'll definately have a lookie out for it. <3<3 ... Man. I need to figure out exactly WHERE I'm going to put all of my manga lately. ;o; I've ran out of room! Meep!! And seriously! I did a search for Bitter Virgin on Google and at least ONE of the images on image search I got back, as I recall, was a rather naked young lady. O.o
    Yeah, give Vagabong a try. It's very good stuff in my opinion.
    Hmm ... like real naked?? Because I can't recall a scene with real nudity. You know, I'd remember that. xD
    Seriously I totally cannot remember anything 'offending' in that manga. Give it a try, if you see something like that, just close your eyes really fast!
    You are now breathing manually. :P

    E&OE;

  8. #8
    Otaku Redsquire is off to a good start
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bonnie Scotland, under a bridge. Och aye. ~<3
    Posts
    163
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Question Re: Looking for something new..

    Quote Originally Posted by lapislazuli View Post
    In which way mature? :P
    Seriously, it does not fall into such a categorie I'd say. But the plot is rather mature and serious. Not necessarily appropriate for kids. It's really exciting though, makes you want to read the next chapter. Doesn't let you go. I completed it in an instant, which is sad.

    And yeah, Vagabond. What can I tell you about that one. First of all, I really~ like the style of it. It looks awesome, in my opinion it has one of the best looking drawings ever, very artistic sometimes, I totally like that.
    The plot is very interesting as well. Basically about Musashi Miyamotos life, as you may already have found out. And some other person which will be introduced somewhen later on. And it's kinda realistic, if you know what I mean. Not like One Piece or Dragon Ball or Naruto. xD
    I guess I can say it's my favourite manga at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by lapislazuli View Post
    Yeah, give Vagabong a try. It's very good stuff in my opinion.
    Hmm ... like real naked?? Because I can't recall a scene with real nudity. You know, I'd remember that. xD
    Seriously I totally cannot remember anything 'offending' in that manga. Give it a try, if you see something like that, just close your eyes really fast!
    Nudity wouldn't offend me anyway. I have Ranma 1/2 and Inuyasha and Love Hina. Fanservice HOOOOOO~! :O

    Even Psychic Academy has kindof tacky fanservice pictures on it around the end volumes (with tentacles, oo-la-la.). So I'm not really that bothered by it. :3 One of my other female friends though, I'd have to hide any nudity in manga from her. She lives in what I like to call "E-Rated Land", as opposed to "La-la Land".

    But yep, I'll look into Vagabond for certain. <3

    My name ish Steph! -Poses as cape flaps in wind- DX
    -=::/ Tanshin Art Studio \::=-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts