Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Manga Bible

Otaku Bow Adventure Champion OdysseanPromise may be famous one day OdysseanPromise may be famous one day
    Montclair, NJ (School), Severn, MD (Home)
    Thanks

Re: Manga Bible

Hahaha oh sweet Jesus (quite), just what the world needs. The manga Bible.

Appealing to a newer and hipper(?) audience, the Manga Bible will be hitting a Barnes and Noble near you!

The ramifications of this are astounding: Jezelbel fanservice? Noah cosplay? Oh great. This company has opened a box of pandoran proportions.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hodder View Post
    Sorry for the viral ladies and gentlemen but I really urge you to have a look.

Hi, I work for Hodder and Stoughton Books, who are publishing The Manga Bible. Please see www.themangabible.com for more details, or read on…

The Manga Bible is a unique adaptation of the full Bible. Its creator is Siku, one of Britain’s leading comic book/concept artists, having worked for 2000AD; producing titles such as Judge Dredd. He has also worked for Marvel UK and COM X and has been credited on a number of computer games such as Evil Genius. He is currently a final year undergraduate at the London School of Theology.

From Adam and Eve through to the formation and adventures of the first ever church, the stories of the Bible make a brilliant graphic novel. For further details, as well as Manga Bible competitions, ecards, downloads, and much much more, please visit www.themangabible.com.

Thanks very much
    Jonathan
    I am a very devout Roman Catholic with VIEWS about things like this . . . and I absolutely love the idea! I have been waiting for someone to convert the Bible into a graphic novel for YEARS! When is the publication date and what is the price range?

Newbie Markovitch may be famous one day Markovitch may be famous one day Markovitch's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that might be fun since there would be something to look at. I am not one to be able to read forever...although I did finish the harry potter series in 1 weeks time. The bibles I have read are in small print and sometimes I just need to take a break and relax or feed my mind with creative images.

This is also a great idea for kids since they usually don't pay attention to things very long that aren't detailed or colorful.

Wow I need to stop talking,

P.S. I totally agree with you Divine_Punishment

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

The manga bibe looks pretty weak.

I was planning on writing a big thing on this, but what is the point? The bible isn't a thrill ride of excitement and suspense, but is pretty boring in my opinion. I still don't know why people try to find new participants in these jokes.

I highly doubt it is as gory as hell as Hassun put it, so what is the difference from this and the other 100's of animation flicks and books created from the bible? What is so appealing about the idea? If thinking that manga will make a difference, it hardly ever does in these situations. Might as well just stick with the Veggie Tales or whatever they are called.

The Manga Bible - Makes me laugh everytime I think of someone actually taking it into serious consideration.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tbaism View Post
    The manga bibe looks pretty weak.

I was planning on writing a big thing on this, but what is the point? The bible isn't a thrill ride of excitement and suspense, but is pretty boring in my opinion. I still don't know why people try to find new participants in these jokes.
    Have you read the Bible? You know, destruction of cities, epic battles, rape, murder, etc.? Then, of course, Jesus came with His pacifism, but then HE was brutally murdered. After that, there's the early Church, full of conflict and DEATH. And, lastly, the book of Revelation. The Bible's not exactly the snore fest you're thinking.

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

It looks kind of dumb if you ask me i would rather look at real manga then that.

Newbie leon_shade may be famous one day leon_shade may be famous one day leon_shade's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with hassun it should and better be gory as hell

Newbie AngelMage is off to a good start AngelMage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    What I want to know is what version of the Bible it was based on.
    Huh.Yeah that's what I was wandering too haha.-^u^-
    Quote Originally Posted by rksamurai View Post
    I have seen it advertized.. I wonder what its like.. huh... I would like to read it to see what it is like but I donno if I want to read all of it.
    Hmm.I haven't but now I've heard of it ehehe,yeah me too sounds like a good idea.-^u^-

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast