Closed Thread

Thread: Manga ideas ^^

Newbie OmgThisGuySucks is off to a good start OmgThisGuySucks's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Manga ideas ^^

Hey Guys
    So Im hoping to start writing a short manga series,
    I dont want to do anything too long as i dont really want to have a huge commitment to it, and I feel shorter stories are better than long drawn out ones
    So you're probably asking yourself...
    "Well Ross, why are you telling us all this?!"
    My answer being...
    I dont have much of an idea of what I want my manga to be about... I know some points I want to have in there, for example, the main protagonist is going to be a teenage boy, head over heels in love with this girl, and the hardships he faces with that, but I thought that'd be a bit bland on its own, something else needs to be going on...
    I just cant think what?!
    Please, any ideas? ;D
    //R.

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Manga ideas ^^

How about it's set in a steampunk sort of time, that seems to be a pretty fresh idea now.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

How about the old time tested tradition of harem like anime. He tells his closes friends that he is about to do a love confession but the closest female friends decide to thwart this effort to there best capabilities.

Newbie OmgThisGuySucks is off to a good start OmgThisGuySucks's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    How about the old time tested tradition of harem like anime. He tells his closes friends that he is about to do a love confession but the closest female friends decide to thwart this effort to there best capabilities.
    I dont think I'd do any harem type stuff,
    I'd prefer the guy to sorta be the underdog, not the one the girl usually goes for, and and rather it that the guy is like the only one who really likes this girl but the others dont really take interest?
    Like its sort of a setting for it to be in, like Saikano has the on going war, as if it was just romance I'd feel as if its been over played?
    //R.

Newbie sirbiblyz is off to a good start
    Thanks

Good news everyone! I've figured out a way to use two different watch / unwatched overlays so now I can add them to the text-based lists. Update soon!

Newbie thisuri is off to a good start
    Thanks

im just a random person who likes to make manga while having a shower.
    ok. in this story humans lived on earth with sort of animal-creatures.they have like special abilities, but not magic, there're more like normal animals existing now except bigger and smarter and have different bodies that evolved around their environments. the beasts are peacefully living along side humans for a while but after the humans start developing technologically they start wanting to own the world and a terrible war arises between them.after many years pass, the bloody war continues and a young man and one of the beasts meet and form a plan to end the war, just to end the blood shed.but its at a price, the creature and the man try to combine their abilities using a form of ancient magic.and as a result the creature gets sealed into the human and a sort of fused creature is born.in the end though with both the life entities combined they are able to stop the war.but because the of the fact that the humans far out numbered the beasts and they were fighting through the use of emotionless, feeling less machines, most of the beasts die in the war.and after about 20 years the beasts die out. then the story is transported to 500 years in the future.

a group of people (haven't named them yet) who are dedicated towards ancient magic (the same kind used to fuse the man and beast above) try to uncover a mysterious weapon which they can use to take over the world.meanwhile a young boy(who descended from the previous man who stopped the war) discovers that he possess strange and unusual powers.he has a mark on his shoulder (which is where the beast from 500 years ago is sealed.later he finds outs that this creature is passed down his blood line and sealed in him by his unknown father.)soon the boy understands how to communicate with the creature and freely let him fuse on to his body when he's in danger.in return the very loyal but arrogant beast protects his host.

but then the previous evil organization find out the existence of this teenage boy and try to capture him to figure out his abilities and come one step closer to the ultimate destructive weapon there're looking for.so this boy runs away and tries to get stronger to fight his enemies.and later the he finding some allies who have their own abilities and help him on his quest.the story goes on with the boy realizing that the world needs him to help get rid of this new evil.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

To quote the Forum Rules...
    Inactive threads, which have not been posted in for 1 month or more, should not be revived. They are considered dead.
    Please read the Forum Rules located here...GENERAL RULES:

(Gee, this thread is almost 2 years old!!!) Closing
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Closed Thread