+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Manga for a young girl

Otaku Eria is off to a good start Eria's Avatar
    Thanks

Manga for a young girl

My daughter has gotten into comic books lately-thanks to my husband and I want to show her my world-THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF MANGA! I got her the Disney manga Kilala Princess (figured I would start with something she knows). So now that I have her hooked and she wants more does anyone have any suggestions for a 9 year old girl?

Thanks

I'm just me.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Manga for a young girl

Grumble Grumble Grumble

I would think that 'Cardcaptor Sakura', the famous CLAMP manga series, (and the personal favorite of the CLAMP authors) would be right your alley for your needs...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LenMiyata For This Useful Post:

Eria (Apr 07, 2008)

Thanks

A friend actual just bought her the first 3 volumes of that one, just waiting for it to arrive in the mail, she also got her A Little Snow Fairy Sugar. I am glad to hear that Cardcaptor Sakura should be good though so THANKS!

I'm just me.

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Cardcaptor Sakura,fruit baskets,inuysha, those are three good mangas and whats the age i can help you out alot more if you tell me because i say show her chobits if shes 13 but manly 15 because chobits has adult things k so whats the age.

Thanks

She's 9. I am open to some of the 13+ series as long as there isn't anything perverted in it. She is very intelligent and mature for her age. I let her watch the anime Kodocha and Full Moon with me and that was ok.

I'm just me.

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Well do furit Baskets it has good things dont show her chobits untill shes like 15 then and 'Cardcaptor Sakura' is good so inuysha k try those 2 .

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Fruits Basket isn't appropriate for a 9 year old... there are topics of homosexuality, abuse, gang activity, etc.

It's also probably not going to interest a 9 year old to read about much older students.

I would actually follow the age ratings (or at least research the titles first), not all of them are appropriate for (or interesting to) younger children.

I'd agree that Card Captor Sakura is a good choice. My Melody, Kirarin Revolution, Shugo Kyara, Pretty Cure, etc are all rather popular with my elementary students. I'm not sure of their liscenced status... but they might be good choices.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tsurara For This Useful Post:

Eria (Apr 07, 2008)

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

Uh, Inuyasha? For a nine-year-old girl? You have any idea of how intense a nine-year-old girl's fandom for Inuyasha can be? Scary...

Ah, Card Captor Sakura... Oh, and try introducing her to the Searching for the Full Moon manga. Oh, and Saint Tail, I have fond memories of that... I'm not sure you can find the Saint Tail manga though. But I think there's a good chance you may find the anime...

I remember hearing a few good things about D.N.Angel, but I never really looked into it...
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast