+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Most Expensive Artbook... EVER

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Most Expensive Artbook... EVER

So I'm a gigantic RahXephon geek and one of the few people who find it to have been a vast improvement over Evangelion in just about every possible sense (animation quality, character design, artwork, music, story, flow, characterization, etc.). I'm especially in love with the gorgeous artwork. I've been waiting for an Izubuchi complete collection for the longest time... and it's finally here:

Izubuchi Artworks
    12/2007 Release
    Hardcover artbook in a slipcase and original DVD-video
    30 years of manga, novel and anime illustrations
    PRE-ORDER ONLY!!
    15,750yen

!_! 150 dollars!

That would make this the most expensive artbook ever...

alright... the 2nd! The first was the Trinity Blood one that was the size of a door... I think that was over $200.

I still want it...

crap

Do I buy it or not?

At that price, you can bet I sure as hell won't be scanning it O_o;

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Most Expensive Artbook... EVER

I'd say don't buy it. Paying 150 dollars for an artbook is just retarded.
    For that price I would demand that the book is bound with gold strings and the text is written in the artist's blood.

Slippery When Wet~ Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion, Togy Ball Champion highteckdudu is off to a good start highteckdudu's Avatar
    The wonderfull world of Minnesota! And I mean that!
    Thanks

That is just rediculouse! (sp?) The most i ever spent on an art book was $20! At best other wise i am too borke for any thing else!
    I tryed to see things from your point of view but i cant seem to get my head that far up my ass!
    Visit www.highteckdudu.deviantart.com!

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd only pay for it if it was signed by the original artist.

Also, I had to force myself to finish watching the anime, both the English dub and Japanese language track bored me to tears, there just wasn't any feeling in the voices, especially when compared to EVA

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    So I'm a gigantic RahXephon geek and one of the few people who find it to have been a vast improvement over Evangelion in just about every possible sense (animation quality, character design, artwork, music, story, flow, characterization, etc.). I'm especially in love with the gorgeous artwork. I've been waiting for an Izubuchi complete collection for the longest time... and it's finally here:

Izubuchi Artworks
    12/2007 Release
    Hardcover artbook in a slipcase and original DVD-video
    30 years of manga, novel and anime illustrations
    PRE-ORDER ONLY!!
    15,750yen

!_! 150 dollars!

That would make this the most expensive artbook ever...

I still want it...

crap

Do I buy it or not?

At that price, you can bet I sure as hell won't be scanning it O_o;
    I'd say from what you're getting out of the whole thing its not a bad deal...as long as you're a devoted fan of the artist which you're saying you are. Since its PRE-ORDER ONLY than thats even more of a reason to get it. Its RARE!!

I dont see myself buying it. But if one of my fav. artists/etc. were to release a collective artbook than I'd be willing to pay out almost any price (long as its realistic and reasonable for what I get. I'm not paying hundreds of dollars,yen, or whatever for an artbook...unless the art is REALLY, REALLY good and I'd die if I didnt get it)

...but why must they taunt us with words such as "Limited", "Special", and "Collector's" Editions!? Damn my Japanese blood!! (OK, its not really my Japanese blood that makes me buy it but...LOLs) *Thinks of how much extra $$$ would be in wallet if bought regular editions vs. the "limited" and "collector's" editions.*

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    alright... the 2nd! The first was the Trinity Blood one that was the size of a door... I think that was over $200.
    How can that be called an art"BOOK"!? Jeez...although I'd kind of like to see it done for other series. *looks up into the sky and dreams*
    Last edited by Shinku no kage; Sep 04, 2007 at 04:57 PM.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Otaku magic soccer Champion, Badger Racing Champion, Penalty Master Champion, Mouse Wars Champion, Poopshoot Champion, RV Cart Dart Champion, Park The Caravan Champion, Radio Rampage Champion, Roman Rumble Champion, Catcho Champion, Planarity Champion, Dead eye puzzle Champion, Jurassic Realm Champion, Schatzgraeber Champion, Quick Brick Champion, Cannonball Follies 3 - Cold Front Champion, Dungeon Hunt Champion Jepray is off to a good start Jepray's Avatar
    Thanks

of you do love the anime, i have Raxhaphon in my collection, and i do love the art they they give you in those little books. i say buy it. if you dont, you'll always kick yourself in the butt about it. Sure its gonna cost you some bucks but its what you like. I had a chance to see "Dralion" a circus De soliel show, when it was in town. It set me back a good 300 bucks for 2 tickets but it was worth it. i jumped on it, since i do like there shows and my wife is an even bigger fan...I can say i saw that, and loved it...if i had missed it i would really be kicking my self right now...if you like it get it.
    Don't Panic

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

I am with Jepray on this one if you really like it get it if you don't you will probably regret not getting it.I know thats happened a few times to me before i wanted to get some thing but i thought it was to pricey but then i talked my self in to going back and getting it and there were all sold out.Plus from what you have said about it i would say it is worth it for the true fan of the series even tho it is on the pricey side.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

um... i haven't spent that much on an art book, but Soshi did buy an X-1999 art book for $90 (as a gift to someone), but that's about it...

>.>
    <.<

um... mine average about $40-$60 dollars, i buy most of them at Kinokuniya at Little Tokyo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast