+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Most Expensive Artbook... EVER

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Most Expensive Artbook... EVER

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    um... mine average about $40-$60 dollars, i buy most of them at Kinokuniya at Little Tokyo
    Yeah, but you're paying import fees and the Kino markup (which is legendary).

Those artbooks retail for an average of $30 here... and I'm guessing your friend got that $90+ one off an ebay seller who got the same book used for $5 at BOOK OFF then turned 'round and resold it (speaking as someone who used to do the same often :P ).

This is the RETAIL price O-o; Meaning if you bught it at Kinokuniya, it would cost something like $199.

That's just nutty :P

SURE I want it. But I want ice cream too... and do you know how much ICE CREAM I could buy with that kind of money?!

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

You could get a whole ice cream machine for that price.

Otaku Kazaf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Hmm $150 huh...that's a lot, but since I love art so much I would probably think about it and that's not good. That is a ridiculous asking price though, but if you love it and you have the money...go for it. I probably would...even though I'd probably reflect on it cuz I saw something else I want to buy...cuz yea Ice Cream.

Also...I actually did like Rahxephon story a little better than Evangelion or rather I enjoyed how everything lead up to an actual ending I could be satisfied with. BUT the Evangelion characters are just so much more appealing to me. I don't know...It's really difficult choice since I enjoyed both of them.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    Yeah, but you're paying import fees and the Kino markup (which is legendary).

Those artbooks retail for an average of $30 here... and I'm guessing your friend got that $90+ one off an ebay seller who got the same book used for $5 at BOOK OFF then turned 'round and resold it (speaking as someone who used to do the same often :P ).

This is the RETAIL price O-o; Meaning if you bught it at Kinokuniya, it would cost something like $199.

That's just nutty :P

SURE I want it. But I want ice cream too... and do you know how much ICE CREAM I could buy with that kind of money?!

=_= actually, he got the $90 artbook at Kinokuniya, it was wrapped up securely in a box and he had to ask to see it... so, yeah, he was ripped off, but by an actual book store this time! hee hee! oh well, he expected it cuz he knows how Kinokuniya can get... and we can't really go to the City of Industry (where lots of official anime stuff is being sold for fair prices, but you have to add in expensive train fare and stuff... :: sadness :: and he didn't have credit cards at the time, so no eBay...

^_^ but i do agree that money can be better spent on ice cream at times! in fact we do spend a good chunk on ice cream!

Otaku ska_lives may be famous one day ska_lives may be famous one day ska_lives's Avatar
    Thanks

hmm, i would weigh my options before just up and buying something that cost that kind of scratch. I only splurge like that with tax money because it was just money on temporary hold so its free game. I mean ive spent in the area of a few thou total on gijoes and transformers figures and memorabilia..not to mention ye fine ol anime and manga. Art Book wise my copy of Kan set me back just around 50 or 60 at B&N so not too bad. However if youve got the extra cash around and really want it why not, but if the cash isnt extra screw that and try to find it for cheap elsewhere....or pirate it online i mean whatever floats you.

Yo, this beast was by Lowshuwa
    my drawings

syd
    Otaku syd is off to a good start
    Thanks

I have to say if you really want it and it means something to you just get it. If I could get Saint Seiya Episode G autograph by Masami Kurumada for that price I would get it but would be becasue that would means something to me.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow $150 dollars for an art book. If the book is worth the price then you should go for it. However, you have to think about the necessities that you may need to buy before buying that expensive art book.

Otaku Blackbird is off to a good start Blackbird's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey! I want to Pre-order this one too. Where can I find the site ?

Otaku For Life - YouTube - MyAnimeList

Click on my signature to go to ProBlackbird's Blog

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2