+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My manga idea (Sigma Blade)

Newbie SigmaBlade is off to a good start SigmaBlade's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking My manga idea (Sigma Blade)

the story is in a time where clans and sword fights and stuff like that are brought back but they where clothes and live in a city or town like us every thing is alright for a while then a war comes. it is against the sigma and the Omega clan(yeah there are 25 clans they are all named after the Greek alphabet Sigma is the strongest clan) even tho Sigma is the best they don't defeat Omega they make a truce.they manage to get along after but the leader(toumoku) of the Omega clan still wanted power over the sigma so he was going to plan an ambush overnight. the omega clan managed to pull it off but the leader of the clan had a trump card a special sword handed down to the leaders of the sigma clan that sword was called the sigma blade(yeah i know really obvious).the sword had more power than any other sword in the galaxy so with that sword he overcome the ambush and push the omega clan back......................................... 20 years have past since the ambush and the old leader has passed away and there was only one heir a 13 year old boy named Kyoumou Sigma. so the story is about him being the toumoku of his clan and him using the blade and stuff

So what do you think??????!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by SigmaBlade; Jan 02, 2010 at 07:48 PM.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: My manga idea (Sigma Blade)

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Good start, Now the majority of the work in making a Manga is the actual art work. Do you have basic character designs with basic emotional expressions done yet???
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Thanks

No not yet but i want to make the main character kind of stubborn i was actualy gonna start the drawing the characters and making their personalities today

Otaku Redsquire is off to a good start
    Bonnie Scotland, under a bridge. Och aye. ~<3
    Thanks

The names of the clans are names used quite often in other works. Not that it isnt a good idea or anything, I'm just saying I personally would research up my own names instead of using something I've already heard once or twice before.

That said, I like the idea of the coming of age plot and everything, its always one of my favourites. I like younger characters, it gives you a chance to develop them more. Some people would argue that its an unoriginal idea, simply because one doesnt have the skill in making an older character with a decent personality. I judge differently, however. I quite like the idea of younger characters and having the fun of developing them.

In any case, start with the designs and artwork, and good luck to you, as with any aspiring starter.

Point to be taken though - never give away much of your plot. Most sales are through individual curiosity. People buy books to find out what happens. Thats why endings like Harry Potter are kept so notoriously secret or hazy until the book is released. : ) Plus, its fun to watch people squirm and want to know what happens next.

In any case, I'd give the overall plot a thumbs up. Obviously we need more plot to do with what happens with the sword afterwards with the main character, but yes. Nice start. : )

My name ish Steph! -Poses as cape flaps in wind- DX
    -=::/ Tanshin Art Studio \::=-

Thanks

Talking Re: My manga idea (Sigma Blade)

Thanks Redsquire yah i know the greek alphabet wasnt the best.i was also kind of scared to put it on the internet cause someone might steal it. and thanks again

Otaku Redsquire is off to a good start
    Bonnie Scotland, under a bridge. Och aye. ~<3
    Thanks

Question Re: My manga idea (Sigma Blade)

Quote Originally Posted by SigmaBlade View Post
    Thanks Redsquire yah i know the greek alphabet wasnt the best.i was also kind of scared to put it on the internet cause someone might steal it. and thanks again
    No problem at all, always here to help. : )
    And yes, people tend to make carbon copies of others ideas quite quickly. I released the name of my manga some time ago, and in the time its taken to get the first five volumes of manga (and one full length novel) written and drawn out, said title has mysteriously appeared in other works across the internet. Interesting how that works, and I dont intend to ever give away any clues like that again - even the title of my upcoming releases, their plots, and anything to do with them, will always remain largely a secret after this first release.

It sucks, but its best not to let others capitalize on a foetal work.

My name ish Steph! -Poses as cape flaps in wind- DX
    -=::/ Tanshin Art Studio \::=-

Newbie zero walker is off to a good start zero walker's Avatar
    Thanks

hey just read through your idea ... there's pros and cons ... personally i love even ideas that have been 100 times before so i don't care about that because its always an original story, i also love swords and the older methods of warfare guns are too simple. Was a good touch that they live in modern times it puts a bit of a twist on it. I will also agree with Redsquire about the younger characters being more fun to play with and develop so that's good, i personally like really aloof characters. The cons are just simple so far just like naming and (for some) originality and i just had to laugh when i read best sword in the galaxy .. seemed very epic for just a sword =P

but very good idea i would love to see some pictures put to this story and some more storyline added, i would love to give my advice on any other ideas you get always feel free to message me good luck =]

+ Reply to Thread