+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need Help

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Need Help

I'm looking for a new manga to read, it doesn't have to be completed, though something that is finished is prefered.

I'm looking for either a solid shounen one, something like Berserk would do.

OR...

A thought-provoking one, something like Confidentil Confessions would do.

OR...

a student teacher relationship one with LOTS of character development would be best.

My tastes are more for the mature aduience or the insanely childish ones.

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Otaku Muffin is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Need Help

Well what have you read so far?

If your looking for something like Berserk (which I would recomend anyway ) you could try Hellsing by Dark Horse. It's basically a modern take on the classic Vampire Story (Dracula) which follows an organisation called Hellsing who fights against Supernatural forces; specifically Vampires; in Britain. The twist is that Hellsing use an Ancient and Powerful Vampire called Alucard to hunt his own kind. Can't say much else as it would spoil the Story.

As for Thought Provoking there's Deatenote. It's a Crime/Horror Manga which follows a Student called Light/Kira who find the Notebook of a Death God (Shinigami) and uses it to kill criminals and right the wrongs of society. There is then a second character called L who is working against Light/Kira to try and catch him. The main thought process behind this is whether you believe Light is correct that by becoming a killer himself he can grant Justice or whether L is right in that Light/Kira is nothing more than a killer himself therefore any justice promoted in this way is Hypocritical?
    Baldrick, you wouldn't see a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a Harpsichord sining "Subtle plans are here again!"

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

There are several that I would recommend: Lovely complex, Nana, Kare Kano, Ai Yori Aioshi, Suzuka.

Yes, they're all Romantic comedies (Nana's not really much of a comedy, but its highly developed), but they all have enjoyable story lines, and all except One are finished (Nana).

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Sounds like you're looking for seinen (eg. Berserk), not shounen (eg. Naruto):

Try searching for more info about "Gantz", "RAINBOW", "ALIVE", "Skyhigh", "20th Century Boys", "MONSTER", and/or "MPD Psycho"... all are good seinen series you might enjoy.

On the fantasy side of the spectrum: "Bastard!" is a fun retro fantasy which, while lighter in tone than Berserk is definately from the same general camp (and is aimed at grown men)...

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

I knew being patient would pay off.

Thanks for the recommendations everyone, seinen/shounen explaination part too. Already read Death Note and loved it, saw Sazuka and Hellsing's anime version.

Will look into all of those.

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Newbie coeli is off to a good start coeli's Avatar
    Thanks

Try Anne Freaks. It's quite hard to put into words how the manga is.

coeliandjeff.blogspot.com

Otaku Muffin is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zyta View Post
    I knew being patient would pay off.

Thanks for the recommendations everyone, seinen/shounen explaination part too. Already read Death Note and loved it, saw Sazuka and Hellsing's anime version.

Will look into all of those.
    Was this Hellsing or Hellsing:Ultimate? If it was the Hellsing with Incognito then I suggest you read the Manga. The Manga (in my belief) is much better, longer and has a stronger storyline with much more kickassedness and way cooler badguys. Trust me!
    Baldrick, you wouldn't see a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a Harpsichord sining "Subtle plans are here again!"

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coeli View Post
    Try Anne Freaks. It's quite hard to put into words how the manga is.
    Its actually quite easy to put into words. Its violent, well written and engaging. I quite enjoyed it, so much so, I even made a wallpaper for it. (look in the gallery for it).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast