Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: originality in manga

Newbie mangirl is off to a good start mangirl's Avatar
    Thanks

originality in manga

Not that im complaining but am i the only person who is finding that is getting less and less original and fun......Like the other day i was reading GTO(real classic book)and another almost exactaly the same(not mentioning names due to the fact that it may incriminate me at a leter stage).please tell me im not just a lone critic .

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: originality in manga

I can understand what you mean.
    I have been feeling the same way...
    There's only a few manga that have come out that really caught my eye.
    But if you think about it, it's hard not to have some influence from previous mangas. Some mangas paved the way for certain genres, and artists/writers look to those for inspiration. ^_^

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

Well manga has been out for longer and animes sorta new. Of course the authors will start running out of ideas once in a while. Like you will find a whole bunch for one gender and also new ideas arent always as intresting as the classic ones were.
    The originality of manga is gonna whipe out soon cuz they wont have anymore ideas for mangas.
    Books are diffrent. they can be about anything but for mangas, we need action, comedy, voilence, and a bit of echii. everyone likes those genders and they're the only genders which manga can stay in. of course it is a wide range but think how long manga needed to fill it up to now?

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mangirl View Post
    Not that im complaining but am i the only person who is finding that is getting less and less original and fun......Like the other day i was reading GTO(real classic book)and another almost exactaly the same(not mentioning names due to the fact that it may incriminate me at a leter stage).please tell me im not just a lone critic .
    It's only natural that the classics are reproduced. It happens in every art form.

Otaku Fallen Hero may be famous one day Fallen Hero may be famous one day Fallen Hero's Avatar
    Thanks

Almost everything that is made has to be inspired by something, otherways there would be no point in making it. There is a need for originallity in manga/anime.

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Hero View Post
    Almost everything that is made has to be inspired by something, otherways there would be no point in making it. There is a need for originallity in manga/anime.
    As more and more are produced then the same idea will be used over and over again to prevent any off topic animes or mangas. As fallen hero states, almost everything is insired by something, so all the other animes have been building on a few original animes taht had a very broad gender or moral and such and such

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

It is kinda' sad that there is less original manga out there, but that fact makes you look for originals and makes it more fulfilling when you do. Not that I condone the unoriginality thats been so widespread lately. Be thankful for those who know how to stay off the bandwagon.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NevesElocin View Post
    It is kinda' sad that there is less original manga out there, but that fact makes you look for originals and makes it more fulfilling when you do. Not that I condone the unoriginality thats been so widespread lately. Be thankful for those who know how to stay off the bandwagon.
    I actually feel that its perfectly normal because of the fact that for somthing to become somthing greater, it must first build on what its already has. So all animes were made from a little bunchof animes that once buids up to the ones we have now.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast