Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Reading in the Bookstore

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks

Reading in the Bookstore

I searched and didn't see this topic yet - but if there is one out there that's still open I apologize now ^_^;

Well I was browsing the Tokyopop forums this morning and came across two similar topics on people reading manga in bookstores, and was rather surprised by the negative feedback on it - mainly because I see so many people do it in my local Borders that I just thought it was accepted. You can read through the topics by clicking here and here.
    I personally have yet to run across a seriously damaged or dirty book as mentioned in those threads, but then I don't usually read the mainstream titles either ^.^0

So... do you think it's wrong to read manga in the bookstores?
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Reading in the Bookstore

No it isn't. But just remember it isn't a library, stores are meant for buying things.
    If you're wondering, people read manga in stores in Japan too.

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah there's nothing wrong with reading in a bookstore. I have to read some of the manga in the store because my mom won't let me buy it unless I've read it and she's read it too. If you couldn't read it in the store you might end up somethig that you don't want or something your parent or guardian doesn't want you to read. Besides if books weren't meant to be read there the store would be on the internet instead of having the books within grasp.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Otaku Laharl ex may be famous one day Laharl ex may be famous one day
    Thanks

I love having people on the floor reading them. Give me a reason to step all over them. Maybe even get away with kicking their head againts the bookself. ^^

Newbie Kokoro_no_Ankoku may be famous one day Kokoro_no_Ankoku may be famous one day
    Thanks

Yeah... I always read the first chapter of a Manga if it's a new series... After all, I need to know whether it's worth buying...

All I do object to, though, is people who sit there and read the entire Manga, then walk out the store... If the Manga was so good that you sat their and read the whole thing, why not buy it? I find that annoying, I must admit...

~"You can't do everything just because you have the heart and power to do it..." Lacus Clyne~

Otaku Laharl ex may be famous one day Laharl ex may be famous one day
    Thanks

Question... Would your rather have people with less money support manga scans then going to the bookstore to read?

The owners of the store may kick you out, but other then that I guess you have the right to do such. I never read in the store. I find a manga that has an art style I like and get it, without knowing anything about the plot.

Newbie Kokoro_no_Ankoku may be famous one day Kokoro_no_Ankoku may be famous one day
    Thanks

Well, to answer your question, if they aren't going to buy the Manga either way, then I'm against both.

~"You can't do everything just because you have the heart and power to do it..." Lacus Clyne~

Shichibukai JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie's Avatar
    Thanks

Normally the store owner would not appreciate you reading manga because you aren't paying for it,but in Kinokuniya,the people working in the store don't seem to mind because they don't tell anybody off for reading manga.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast