Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Reading in the Bookstore

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Reading in the Bookstore

...personally I've spent hours on my days off reading manga in stores. Dont get me wrong, its not like I'm cheap or anything, I just cant afford any right now. ^^; (Not an excuse is it?)

But I do keep my manners, if I'm asked to stop or anything then I do and leave. I also dont go and OPEN the ones thats sealed (usually the ones for 16+) like some ppl do...they're sealed for a reason ppl!! They're not for all eyes to view!!

...but I do BUY the ones I REALLY like.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Otaku Schwarze may be famous one day Schwarze may be famous one day Schwarze's Avatar
    Thanks

In my place, it's kinda hard to reading at bookstore, bcause stuff there are wrapped w/ plastic (tightly). But sometimes I see people there just rip the plastic then read it. It's applied at 80% bookstore, they wrap even magazines and dictionaries. I obviously think bookstores avoid loss of customer that already have read the book at place. I myself sometimes read at bookstore, but usually to check wether the page is printed completely. Because I have ever bought manga that lose one page insideT_T

Lives link to one another, and the world continues...

Newbie |R|urouni may be famous one day |R|urouni may be famous one day |R|urouni's Avatar
    Thanks

Usually when i go into my store to buy manga (which is usually Suncoast) i know what im going in there to get, ethier a series im on or what so ever but on occasion i'll flip a few pages of a new book to check out the plot and see if it's any good. Of course im not going to sit there for an hour on the floor, maybe a min or two to check it out, nothing wrong with that eh? ^^

Newbie nightshrill may be famous one day nightshrill may be famous one day nightshrill's Avatar
    Thanks

oi, hooray for hitting the back shortcut on my browser and loosing what i was just saying. Anyway, I don't mind people thumbing through a few chapters and sitting down to read manga. What I tend to mind are the people who will take a manga read the entire thing sitting right in front of the bookshelf on the floor and then throwing it back wherever. It's a bookstore, it sells books, there are other customers who are there and would also like to see the book shelf you're sitting in front of, please go find one of the many seats in the store or go sit in the caf&#233;. Not only that but it's not a library, I don't mind if you preview a few chapters to save yourself from a bad purchase (something I even do) but don't go reading the whole thing.

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

It is not wrong to read a manga in a book store as long as you plan on buying it. Now if you just read it to read it and have no intention of buying it then yes it is wrong. It is like stealing in a way I would never think of doing that because I personally would feel guilty because i cheated them out of money.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

I was reading last week at Walden Books some of the anime titles they have and i remember this thread. I think that doing this is more like a bad habit that you develop over the years of being an anime lover.

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

You may develope it over years but the thing is don't you feel like your stealing when you read it and then don't buy it? Don't you feel like your damaging it for when the person that actually does buy it gets it? Think of it like that. I would feel bad trying to read it in the bookstore. I think it's ok to read the back of the manga or book but I wouldn't start reading the manga.

Otaku Moonlight_Huang hou may be famous one day Moonlight_Huang hou may be famous one day Moonlight_Huang hou's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, I guess it is like getting a "used" copy of the book if you buy it and someone or many people already opened and read it. Its like buying a used book so its not great.

But I don' tknow...i've thought about it and i've never personally have read manga books at the store. I've skined through them to see if its good pics or completely confusing and have read the back of the manga to know what its about. ^_^'

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast