+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Ring

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

The Ring

Now that's some good horror manga!!!

I've only read two of the books, but they're friggin' great!! They give you more insight behind the movie "The Ring" (which was based off a novel I think, or was it a graphic novel--I dunno).

I've read both versions of Birthday. One was actually "The Ring: Zero" which was sub-titled as "Birthday" and the other's actual title was "Birthday". I like them both. They rock my socks! I think there are a few more of these "Ringu" manga out, but I haven't seen any since the comic book store by my job closed. T_T

What's your opinion on these manga? Do you like the movie better or the graphic novels? I haven't seen the Japanese version of "Ringu" yet, so I can't really say anything about the flick. I CAN compare with the American version, but that would be a bad example, LOL.

Ringu o hanashite!! Hajime!

"Seven days after watching the tape, you die..."

Newbie coeli is off to a good start coeli's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Ring

I've read part of The Ring (when I was inside the bookstore) and it was similar to the Japanese movie. I haven't really seen the Hollywood version, so I can't compare.

coeliandjeff.blogspot.com

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

I do not remember which version I read, but I remember that it was amazing! I read it by candlelight during a thunderstorm . . . fantastic! I thought it lost a certain something in the English version of the movie . . .

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by divine_punishment View Post
    I do not remember which version I read, but I remember that it was amazing! I read it by candlelight during a thunderstorm . . . fantastic! I thought it lost a certain something in the English version of the movie . . .
    Compered to the manga, the US version of the movie is a walk in the park, LOL. The manga adds more "horror elements" in the story, there's way more suspense. It was like they wanted to get straight to the point in the US movie.

Wo chao xi huan ni Mahjong Champion, Shape Game Champion, Solitaire Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion, Looney Tunes Mahjong Champion, Elite Mahjong Champion, MahJong Champion, Mahjong XY Champion mahiru may be famous one day mahiru may be famous one day mahiru's Avatar
    Thanks

I read the Ring, Ring 2, and Rasen... I read the manga for the Ring before I'd seen either the Japanese version of the movie or the American version, and I have to say I liked it better than either movie ^^; Even my friend who dislikes manga liked the manga for the Ring. Ring 2 was okay, but the first like half of the book just repeated the Ring, and the second half wasn't as suspenseful or as exciting as the first book in my opinion. Spiral, though I found it odd, was fairly creepy though o_o
    Wo shi zhen zhen zhen xi huan ni...

Thank you Equinn!! ^-^

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mahiru View Post
    I read the Ring, Ring 2, and Rasen... I read the manga for the Ring before I'd seen either the Japanese version of the movie or the American version, and I have to say I liked it better than either movie ^^; Even my friend who dislikes manga liked the manga for the Ring. Ring 2 was okay, but the first like half of the book just repeated the Ring, and the second half wasn't as suspenseful or as exciting as the first book in my opinion. Spiral, though I found it odd, was fairly creepy though o_o
    I've been meaning to read Spiral. I see it in the bookstore every time I go, I just don't ever take the time to buy/read it. I've been sucked in to Death Note lately.

How is it?

+ Reply to Thread