+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 24

Thread: School manga club

  1. #9
    Newbie faturahara is off to a good start faturahara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: School manga club

    Quote Originally Posted by elvin View Post
    erm... i just start school bout two weeks ago... i hvnt found any friends that interested in manga yet... soon, i will make a manga club. i hope everyone will get involve..... and... my problem is i don't know what activities to do when the club is on... haizzz. however, i will find friends that is interested....
    lol this is my problem to no one in manga club has any ideas on what we should do during meetings =( all we know is that we are going to the anime con. but thats in may T~T
    "For love and for Peace"

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to faturahara For This Useful Post:

    elvin (Jan 19, 2008)

  3. #10
    Newbie faturahara is off to a good start faturahara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: School manga club

    Quote Originally Posted by Kairu View Post
    Wish I had something like that at my school O_o.
    No use on worrying about it.
    The anime convention you had was a good idea. Maybe doing something like...working on costumes together, help each other with ideas, go in a theme, or whatever you want.

    Planning a trip to Japan would be pretty cool...although wayyyy out of budget lol. Just a thought though. For something smaller scaled you could work on a club manga. Have all the members do different things.

    Thats about all the ideas I have...hope that works lol.
    thanks ^-^ lol some people havnt been posting ideas and ya a trip to japan would be awesome....but thats I'll talk about this at the next meeting
    "For love and for Peace"

  4. #11
    Otaku elvin is off to a good start elvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Strawberry Village
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Re: School manga club

    when i sign in to AO (using the computer at my college), my friend ask me: you like animation? so i say yes and then he said that he likes animation too. wow! i finally found someone... and then we chat about those anime series that we know.... in the middle of the conversation, i've suggested to have a manga club and he was agreed with it... hahaha... guess what... he is the head of student council..... i think it will be fun have a manga club in the college.... great!
    ::::...Chery_Strawbery...::::

  5. #12
    Newbie faturahara is off to a good start faturahara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: School manga club

    Quote Originally Posted by elvin View Post
    when i sign in to AO (using the computer at my college), my friend ask me: you like animation? so i say yes and then he said that he likes animation too. wow! i finally found someone... and then we chat about those anime series that we know.... in the middle of the conversation, i've suggested to have a manga club and he was agreed with it... hahaha... guess what... he is the head of student council..... i think it will be fun have a manga club in the college.... great!
    ^-^ wow this is great for you im glad you meet someone that likes anime and manga and ya now you are starting a manga club ^^ good luck
    "For love and for Peace"

  6. #13
    Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    343
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 26 Times in 25 Posts

    Re: School manga club

    The anime conventions sounds like a pretty fun idea...

    Why not have Fanart/Fanfic/Doujinshi of the month sort of contests and give out prizes? Shirts, DVDs, Manga, etc.
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to abby724 For This Useful Post:

    faturahara (Jan 21, 2008)

  8. #14
    Newbie faturahara is off to a good start faturahara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: School manga club

    Quote Originally Posted by abby724 View Post
    The anime conventions sounds like a pretty fun idea...

    Why not have Fanart/Fanfic/Doujinshi of the month sort of contests and give out prizes? Shirts, DVDs, Manga, etc.
    ya the anime convention is really fun ^^ but ya i like your idea thanks for the help
    "For love and for Peace"

  9. #15
    Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,643
    Thanks
    235
    Thanked 166 Times in 141 Posts

    Re: School manga club

    Quote Originally Posted by divine_punishment View Post
    Why don't you arrange for the lot of you to go to a convention? That would be a fun experience for the entire club. A bunch of my friends and I did that back when we were in high school and it was so much fun. If you google "anime conventions 08" and your city, you should be able to find something.
    First let me start by saying, "mad props" for the anime/manga club. We didn't have that when I was in high school (or even middle school!). If we did, we would've had maybe like four members.

    I agree with divine_punishment. Conventions make for excellent group activities. And while you're waiting to go to a con, why don't you organize some nifty fundraisers (to pay for admission)?

    Have discussions about the anime you watch and manga you read. Like a book club. Come up with ideas for cosplay. Write a fanfic or an RPG. There's plenty you could do within your club. It's just a matter of how much of an otaku lies within your each members.


  10. The Following User Says Thank You to atomik_sprout For This Useful Post:

    faturahara (Jan 21, 2008)

  11. #16
    Newbie faturahara is off to a good start faturahara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: School manga club

    Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    First let me start by saying, "mad props" for the anime/manga club. We didn't have that when I was in high school (or even middle school!). If we did, we would've had maybe like four members.

    I agree with divine_punishment. Conventions make for excellent group activities. And while you're waiting to go to a con, why don't you organize some nifty fundraisers (to pay for admission)?

    Have discussions about the anime you watch and manga you read. Like a book club. Come up with ideas for cosplay. Write a fanfic or an RPG. There's plenty you could do within your club. It's just a matter of how much of an otaku lies within your each members.
    ya we are going to the convention and we are doing the fundraiser right now ^^ thanks for your help
    "For love and for Peace"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ouran High School Host Club
    By Ritoru-chan in forum Ouran High School Host Club
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: Dec 25, 2009, 02:11 PM
  2. Ouran High School Host Club manga
    By blue_rebel in forum Manga General Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jan 06, 2007, 09:36 PM
  3. Ouran High School Host Club
    By blue_rebel in forum Ouran High School Host Club
    Replies: 278
    Last Post: Nov 21, 2006, 03:29 AM
  4. HELP trying to form Anime club @ school
    By legacy2Bwritten in forum Anime
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Sep 28, 2006, 04:40 PM
  5. Ouran High School Host Club
    By LittleHobbit13 in forum Anime Reviews
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: Sep 06, 2006, 08:08 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts