View Poll Results: Which do you prefer shoujo or shonen?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shoujo

8 30.77%
  • Shonen

18 69.23%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Shōnen or Shōjo? Which do you prefer?

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs up Shōnen or Shōjo? Which do you prefer?

Koga23 and I were talking and decided that this needed to be here. So which has the best shoujo or shonen and what are they?

To me its pretty even. Shonen has great series like Naruto and Bleach that bring in large audiences but shoujo has deeper roots and a longer history because I do believe everyone has heard of Sailor Moon.

But something could tip the scales in one or the others favor, so tell everyone what you think!

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

x._Loveless.Murder_.x Aiora may be famous one day Aiora may be famous one day Aiora's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Shonen or Shoujo? Who are on the top?

hmmmm...it would probably have to be shonen, but i am not 100% sure, but i see more shonen manga/anime are more popular then the shoujo though

-".. Chase the morning, yield for nothing."

Otaku Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion tammyemily303308 may be famous one day tammyemily303308 may be famous one day tammyemily303308's Avatar
    Thanks

I say shonen cause I love all the series from it. Also I subscibed to the magazine so I love to read it. Another thing is the there are more Shonen that Shojo fans. Why? Becuase most of the shows on t.v. is Shonen not Shojo. I mean look at the toonami and adultswim listings. I see only Shonen Jump shows and Tokyo Pop shows. That is what makes Shonen better because their anime is much more famous.

Temari: Naruto's own Wind Charmer.

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd have to say Shonen, I have a few volumes and I enjoy reading it.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Newbie AnimeJock4ever is off to a good start AnimeJock4ever's Avatar
    Thanks

Come on, why cant there be a "both" or "cant choose" button. I like them both, they are different from one another so they bring different views on ideas. but to answer the question shonen is on top, because it is veiwed by more and there are more shows.

Katie-19

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Shonen or Shoujo? Which do you prefer?

Its really personal preference so you cant really say which is "better". Shonen manga tends to be more about action and fan service when a shoujo is more about romance...in most cases...and this is just my OPINION so...as they long as they have a intriguing story...
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

I believe in you Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion, Forest_Brat Champion, Jungle Dave Champion, Beer Dude 2 Champion, Fly Girl Champion Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho's Avatar
    Thanks

I prefer shonen even though I'm a girl. Sorry but shoujo really gets to my stomach when I read em >__O;;; It's really all predictable. I love action and comedy so I prefer my shonens thank you. Same with Inuyasha.....I started loosing interest a long time ago with all that romance. There is some good romance out there.....but I'm picky :3

DeviantArt ll Livejournal ll Rainbow Flakes ll Gallery
    Feeling the beat of my heart ♥

Wo chao xi huan ni Mahjong Champion, Shape Game Champion, Solitaire Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion, Looney Tunes Mahjong Champion, Elite Mahjong Champion, MahJong Champion, Mahjong XY Champion mahiru may be famous one day mahiru may be famous one day mahiru's Avatar
    Thanks

I like Shoujo better, because I just find the characters to look much cuter/prettier and whatnot. The lines in Shoujo usually seem light and cute (can lines be cute? ah w/e, I hope you all know what I mean haha), where the lines in Shonen seem dark and overwhelming... ^^;
    Wo shi zhen zhen zhen xi huan ni...

Thank you Equinn!! ^-^

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast