View Poll Results: Which do you prefer shoujo or shonen?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shoujo

8 30.77%
  • Shonen

18 69.23%
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Shōnen or Shōjo? Which do you prefer?

Otaku Just Pitching Champion, Mile High Club Champion, Penguin Dive Champion, Gold Strike Champion Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Shōnen or Shōjo? Which do you prefer?

I love them both... But I guess I'd be more for shoujo. Don't get me wrong, I love shows like naruto and bleach. But the ones I got started on were ones like sailor moon (actually it was sailor moon). ^_^ Shoujo is what got me started, and I can't turn my back on them. Plus it's probably one of the only times I'd like romance types as much as action types.

Come dance in the rain with me, no one is watching.

Otaku Mitsu-O! is off to a good start Mitsu-O!'s Avatar
    Thanks

Is is wrong for a guy to read shojo? I have actually read some and enjoyed it.
    More than bored; Sad. More than sad; Unhappy. More than unhappy; Ill. More than ill; Alone in the world. More than alone in the world; In Exile. More than in exile; Dead. More than dead;forgotten.......

Otaku Flying Ace may be famous one day Flying Ace may be famous one day
    Thanks

For me there is no question. Shounen has many more elements to it that I enjoy. For example, it has much more action usually, the romance doesn't go overboard and is limited, which I really like. Shounen stories are just my ideal in terms of all things considers. I find shoujo to lack a lot of my favorite elements because it concentrates more on things that I really don't find too interesting.

Plus, the girls in shounen seem hotter to me =P

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Can I call it a draw? X(

I nearly answered shoujo on account of the fact that shoujo manga art tends to look nicer than shounen manga art... but how much can good art win over hosts of good-looking male characters?? That said, it's a tie for me. As long as there's good art AND good-looking characters, I'm happy. Quite a lot of people don't really like the art in shoujo manga, but I grew up with titles like Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon, Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne and GALS!, so that sort of style holds a certain appeal... in my case.

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

Draws are cool. In fact my opinion has changed a little. They both appeal to me more equally now than they did previously.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

For me I can't say I like eaither better than the other. I like them both. Of course you have alot more romance in the shojo's and I really like those like Alicth19 or Fruits Basket.But then the shonen ussually have awsome mystery and fighting or my upcomeing fav manga Death Note has like awsome Police case. So yeah I like them both the same.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Otaku Flying Ace may be famous one day Flying Ace may be famous one day
    Thanks

I have yet to read a shoujo that I enjoy, but I would like to just for experience, what is a good shoujo manga?

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmm a good shoujo manga. Try Kitchen Princess or Fushi Yugi ( I probably spelled that wrong) for starters. Also try Angelic Layer and Angel Dust if you don't want complete girly shoujo.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast