+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions on manga books

Newbie rbrtp is off to a good start rbrtp's Avatar
    Thanks

Suggestions on manga books

Only just recently I have got an interest in Manga,So far the books i own are i have Blood Alone and The dreaming. I want to know if there are any more good books out there and why I should read them.
    Last edited by rbrtp; Jun 29, 2007 at 12:17 PM. Reason: i missed something out
    Darkness Within

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Suggestions on manga books

Well, what kind of manga would you be interested in? Action, mystery, or something else maybe?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priestess Angel View Post
    Well, what kind of manga would you be interested in? Action, mystery, or something else maybe?
    im not really bothered realy i like to try alsorts as long as it is a good book
    Darkness Within

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

You may like the manga for Death Note. It's really good and has a plot that you don't see everyday. It's very addicting. The anime is wonderful, too.

It's pretty popular so you might have already started reading it or have watched the anime.

What manga have you read?

Here's a summary if you are interested:

Light Yagami is a brilliant, but bored, high school student who resents the crime and corruption in the world. His life undergoes a drastic change when he discovers a mysterious notebook, known as the "Death Note", lying on the ground in the year 2003. The Death Note's instructions claim that if a human's name is written within it that person shall die. Light is initially skeptical of the Death Note's authenticity, believing it is just a prank. However, after experimenting with it and killing two criminals, Light is forced to admit that the Death Note is real. After meeting with the previous owner of the Death Note, a Shinigami named Ryuk, Light seeks to become "the God of the new world" by passing his judgment on criminals.

Soon, the number of inexplicable deaths of reported criminals catches the attention of the International Police Organization and a mysterious detective known only as "L". L quickly learns that the serial killer, dubbed by the public as "Kira" (derived from the Japanese pronunciation of the English word "Killer"), is located in Japan. L also concludes that Kira can kill people without laying a finger on them. Light realizes that L will be his greatest nemesis, and a race to prove mental superiority between the two begins.

Thanks

You may like the manga for Death Note. It's really good and has a plot that you don't see everyday. It's very addicting. The anime is wonderful, too.

It's pretty popular so you might have already started reading it or have watched the anime.

What manga have you read?

Here's a summary if you are interested:
    soz havent head of it but sounds cool i note tht down and the manga i alreday have is Blood Alone and The Dreaming
    Darkness Within

Thanks

soz havent head of it but sounds cool i note tht down and the manga i alreday have is Blood Alone and The Dreaming
    If you like those then you may also like the manga for Hellsing. Here's the summary for it.

Vampires exist. It is the duty of Hellsing, a secret organization sponsored by the British government, to hide that frightening fact and protect the blissfully unaware populace. Along with its own personal army, Hellsing has secret weapons. Alucard, an incredibly powerful vampire, has been controlled by Hellsing for years. It is unclear if he dislikes being a servant to the Hellsing family, but he certainly enjoys his job as a vampire exterminator. Seras is a fledgling vampire and a former police woman. Although reluctant to embrace her new self, she is still a valuable member of the organization. Integra Hellsing, the current leader, is usually fully capable of fulfilling her duty, but lately, vampire activity has been on the rise. Unfortunately, the cause is more alarming than anything she could have imagined. A group long thought dead has been plotting in secret since their apparent destruction over 50 years ago. Plotting to plunge England, and perhaps the entire world, into war.

Thanks

If you like those then you may also like the manga for Hellsing. Here's the summary for it.
    Sounds cool i will make a note of that too. thx for the suggestions
    Darkness Within

Newbie Bio-link may be famous one day Bio-link may be famous one day Bio-link's Avatar
    Thanks

if i may add a few suggestions PhD is a decent fantasy style manga as for action you can't go wrong with Zombie powder it has very imaginative fighting styles and is good in the humor dept. to but there is only 4 vol even though the second through fourth have bonus short manga in the back

The brighter a light shines, the thicker the shadows fall

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast