+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 775 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 63 113 513 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Top 3 Favorite Manga "Explain"

Newbie Touko Ryogi is off to a good start Touko Ryogi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Top 3 Favorite Manga "Explain"

Top three manga huh? A lot of mentions of Naruto and Bleach I see... bleck, lol.

1. Tokyo Akazukin - I'm not sure if I should even explain this one, after all, there are children present here. An "on the surface" sum up would be something along the lines of: a demented little girl who dresses as Little Red Riding Hood wants to be eaten (quite literally) by the Big Bad Wolf. She's also an immortal dark queen who looks like a 10-12 year old girl, it's bloody, full of sex, and more blood. I love it.

2. Bad Company/Shounan Jun'ai Gumi/Great Teacher Onizuka - I count all of these bad boys to be in the same line, after all it's the cast as they grow up from jr. high to out of high school/college. While my first pick is a bloody horror, we all know what GTO is about, I can endlessly read this for it's great humor. It's such a shame that the author hasn't put out anything to come close to these series' charm, Rose Hip **** is just lame.

3. Mahoraba - Have I ever mentioned my taste in anime/manga is all over the place? Mahoraba's one of the best cute stories I've ever read, the characters are all unique in their own fun ways and they don't specifically focus on any one of them for too long, striking a nice balance. Kozue's multi-personalities are all so different and fun, it's a relief that they aren't the main focus of the manga too, striking a nice balance between Kozue and her other selves. I wish the anime and manga would be licensed, but every con season that comes and goes, and I lose more and more hope of it ever happening.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Welp, here goes.

1. Tokyo Akazukin - As the above poster mentioned, this isn't one for you kids. Deeply disturbing and horrific content are the staples of this horror-filled gorefest about an immortal little girl with a lust for killing and an obsession with her own impending death. Am I going to hell for liking this? Probably. Worth it? Totally.

2. Genshiken - It's the manga series about japanese otaku who comprise The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture, aka "Genshiken". It starts with university freshman Sasahara Kanji as he learns to accept his otaku self and enjoy the company of the other club members. This series pushed Kio Shimoku into my top thrree for favorite manga artists. It's 9 volumes long and Del Rey has done an excellent job on the transistion from the Japanese release. My only gripe is that we miss out on all the color pages and extra limited edition content, but that's the norm for us here in America.

3. Baccano! - Although not technically manga, more like a light novel, Baccano! is quite possibly one of my favorite new obsessions. I caught wind of this novel series when the anime was broadcast on Japanese networks last year. After immensely enjoying the anime, I just had to sink my teeth into the source material. Soon after, the faithful bilingual translators pulled through and started tranlslating the light novels. A wonderful story about a group of people who become immortal through alchemy, and their own adventures a few hundred years later during Prohibition-era America.

Otaku Click The Colour Champion darkangel1240 is off to a good start darkangel1240's Avatar
    Thanks

I read a lot of manga like Bleach, Code Geass, Vampire Knight and ETC. but these are my choices..

Naruto- Naruto is a interesting manga 2 read and i also like the show. I also read the shippuden. I have 2 be honest, the shippuden is a lot better than the normal one. A lot happens in the shippuden like Asuma's death and the death of Orochimaru.

Death Note- Death note's manga is a very short series of books. It only goes up to 12 volumes. The manga is a lot like the show. And, i love reading the Death Note manga series.

Hellsing- Hellsing has a very short manga series. i like the show and the manga series. The manga is expensive. So, it's hard 2 get sum books of Hellsing. But, i still read it online.

Vampire Freaks☠I am not going 2 be on for awhile... ☠

Otaku Utena Tenjo is off to a good start
    Thanks

1. revolutinary girl utena- my favorite anime and manga and movie! absolutely fanastic, i loved every moment of it!!
    2. Dragon Bal Z- my starter series, and ive been reading/ watching it forever, one of the few animes i love both the manga and anime
    3. tie between---Mars, raifu(life), or vampireknight...very very hard to choose, i love them all for the same reasons!!!

Newbie xXSweetBerryXx is off to a good start xXSweetBerryXx's Avatar
    Thanks

Red face Re: Top 3 Favorite Manga "Explain"

mm this is a tuffy !
    its hard to single all favs into just 3 mangas
    well i guess its

1 loveless - cus its yaoi and i can never get enough of cute lil Ritsuka
    2 nana - because it reminds me of me and my best friend .
    3 peach girl- i love how momo has to go through so much hard times ... it feels like shel never find happyness ! i just want to kill sae !
    MEW MEW

Teddy Bear =^_^= Bean Hunter Champion Frozen Rose may be famous one day Frozen Rose's Avatar
    Thanks

umm i don't read manga that much but i like the most:

1. Ouran High School Host Club (very very funny it is just like the anime)
    2. Air Gear (you feel exited by reading it and you want to know what will happen next )
    3. Full Metal Alchemist (i haven't finish it yet but it is nice) .. =^_^=
    Last edited by Frozen Rose; Sep 16, 2008 at 07:18 AM.
    http://www.animeonline.net/avatars/frozen-rose-62446.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1230225100
    My Dreams Become Like The Rainbow
    Love Like the Wind You Can't See It But You Can Feel It

Newbie Ringo is off to a good start Ringo's Avatar
    Thanks

One Piece-Because I first loved the anime which is very funny,creative and good battles.
    Air Gear-Nice Plot,interesting characters that are well desinged.
    Psyren-Complicated and mysterious story.

Newbie Katayame Ren is off to a good start Katayame Ren's Avatar
    Thanks

Mine's are:
    1) Naruto-full of adventure( This is my favourite part)
    2) Air Gear-in this manga has a high technology things like AT. It has battle between the AT owners.
    3) MxO-This manga requires magic, spells and many many more things that is my favourite.
    NaruHina, the cutest couple ever!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 775 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 63 113 513 ... LastLast