+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 477 FirstFirst ... 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 66 116 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Top 3 Favorite Manga "Explain"

Newbie spitball1074 is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Top 3 Favorite Manga "Explain"

Dammm really old thread. Well, here are my tops, but I have like a lot of favorites, and in no particular order, so it was really hard to choose my top 3:

1. Gundam Seed/Gundam Seed Destiny - Futuristic, awesome plot, likeable characters, good animation, awesome fight scenes, and it's WAYYY better than it seems. I used to think gundam was lame since it was fighting robots, but ever since I watched this anime, my opinion about gundam has changed dramatically. Personally, though, I like this better in anime than in manga.

2. Omg I have like 20 anime/manga in this category, so I'm just gonna name em all: Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Code Geass + Code Geass R2, Death Note, Rurouni Kenshin, King of Hell, Rave Master, Chronicles of the Cursed Sword, Ragnarok (not Ragnarok The Animation, the original manga), Rebirth, Full Metal Alchemist, BLACK CAT OMG THIS ANIME/MANGA PWNS SO HARD, Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z/Dragon Ball GT, Samurai Champloo, S-Cry-Ed, Detective Conan, InuYasha, D. Gray Man, Prince of Tennis, Cowboy Bebop, and tons more

3. I don't have a #3 >.> mentioned em all in #2 because it's almost impossible to choose em in any particular order. My only for sure #1 is gundam seed + gundam seed destiny

haha ok I lied, I didn't even choose a top 3, but still, like I said, it's really hard to choose. so much awesome anime/manga out there.

P.S. Just joined this site cause I was bored, and it's the first anime/manga forum site I've ever joined, so I was pretty stoked at the amount of rave master/king of hell fans there are, cause they have awesome plots and are awesome mangas, but aren't as popular as they deserve to be, especially since the rave master anime got cut at around episode 50 =[. Gundam Seed/Gundam Seed Destiny is also a series that is way underrated than it deserves to be, for the fact that it's so good. The Code Geass series is WAYYY more popular than Gundam Seed, despite the fact that it's basically a rip off of the plot of Gundam Seed, combined with Death Note. I'm not dissing Code Geass or anything, since it's an awesome anime in its own right, but it just makes me mad how similar its plot is to Gundam Seed, and how Gundam Seed doesn't have half as much popularity as Code Geass does (in the US at least, idk about in Japan and China and stuff) despire the fact that they're so similar. It does have a lot of differences, but if you watch them both, you realize how similar they are. They ARE both made by Sunrise though, so maybe that's the reason, but still... different authors... Ach sorry I rambled a lot =[, I just get really caught up with myself when it comes to Gundam Seed.
    I 1000000% recommend it to anyone that's looking for an awesome new anime to watch.
    Last edited by spitball1074; Jan 27, 2009 at 01:02 AM.

x._Loveless.Murder_.x Aiora may be famous one day Aiora may be famous one day Aiora's Avatar
    Thanks

My top 3 favourite manga

3.)Absolute Boyfriend- The storyline (at times) and the drawing was well done. The relationship between a girl and a robot, whom simply wants to become a human for the sake of the girl, goes through a lot of adversity. In the end they do end up together, but due to the plot twist (not going to spoil it) they end up 'breaking up' in one of the saddest ways possible. Nearly made me cry when I finished it

2.)Manga Messiah- Yes kids, they actually based a manga on Jesus and the Apostles! I liked the fact that someone took the story of Jesus ( in the manga known as Yeshuah), and by giving it the manga touch, made it more the saddening and wonderful! (It only has one volume)

1.)Hellsing- This is a one for the books! The storyline is awesome. The concept of vampires doesn't cause Alucard to sparkle in the sunlight (baka twilight). It is quite funny, witty and all around awesome. Though it is not finished I am still awaiting the day that the manga will finish itself.

-".. Chase the morning, yield for nothing."

Otaku Brent-Enix is off to a good start Brent-Enix's Avatar
    Thanks

Mine's:

Instinct and a Chromosome - It's a yuri manga. I find this manga very true to life and romantic, but not cheesy. The way the author ended the manga with the last panel was so dramatic, it nearly made me cry. )':

Stroke Material - The full name's Stroke Material: My F*ckin' Lover. I love this manga! It's really cute on the romance (albeit a tad too cheesy). It's currently in-progress.

Girlfriends - Another yuri manga (Sorry, I'm into those things XD). It's true to life, like Instinct. It's a manga that can either successfully make you laugh, or tug at your heart-strings. Also an in-progress work.

mmhmm.

Otaku Celebrity Fight Club Champion itachigirl is off to a good start
    i could tell you, but id have to kill you
    Thanks

1. Revolutionary Girl Utena
    2. Godchild,
    3. LIFE.
    all have disturbing content. all have some violence. all are shojo. all are awesome.

Newbie Light Mario is off to a good start
    Thanks

1.- One Piece: utter goodnes with a cheery side and awesome special powers! AND PIRATES! nuff' said
    2.- Death note: What the hell is going on in here? why did he do that? ah...that's why, woah, that kid sure is a genius. Now what is he going to do? Besides, L is simply awesome...I could never stack jelly beans the way he does.
    3.- detective conan: Though a bit old, the twists are interesting, as well as the way they unravel the misteries...too bad most of them are very...predictable from the beggining (though the fun part is how Shinichi prooves who the murderer is...right?)

Newbie tmal is off to a good start
    Thanks

its realy hard for me to chose my favourite manga but it would probably be:

1. Dragonball and Dragonball z-it has great action, comedy also a litle romance(a tiny bit), adventure, good re-readability and although its not perfect its my favorite manga.

2.its betwen prinice of tennis and slam dunk- both have great re-readability(not as much as dragon ball) and you feel all exited(at lest that was how it was for me) whenever the protagonists Echizen and Hanamichi enter a match.

3.it would be betwen yu yu hakusho and Tokyo Crazy Paradise- both mangas have great action, adventure and comedy, theres also romance and good re-readability.

the reason i picked these manga is because they have very good re-readability unlike naruto, bleach, one piece,... though even if dragonball didnt have that great of a re-readability it would stil be my favourite manga its just that good

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh my, this is fun:

1. Suzuka- My first manga and my favorite. Kouji Seo really has a knack for wirting a compelling teenage romance story, and making his characters interract like real people. This manga sucked me in from the first page, introduced me to relatable characters, and gave me faith in my own relationship. Seo-sama, I say thank you.

2. Parasyte- Some people refer to this as the "worst drawn manga of all time", but the story is more than enough to make up for the visual shortcomings. It involves the efforts of one human and the parasitic alien life form living in his right hand to stop the rest of the alien race from destroying humanity. The story takes many twists and turns but never actually throws you off the original plotline.

3. Mushi Shi- a great episodic manga, telling the tale of Ginko in his search for supernatural beings called Mushi. It tells the tale of the little creatures that make the things that go bump in the night.
    Why hello there!

Newbie diamond is off to a good start
    Thanks

1. Hikaru no go! my all time favourite! i love this manga even though i don't know how to play go and the ending is just not really that good but i still love it. hehe

2. Sensual phrase. i love those related to the entertainment industry. and it was one of my first few favourite shoujo manga.

3. Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne. also the first manga that i buy everything just to read it. i love this author drawing too! =)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 477 FirstFirst ... 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 66 116 ... LastLast