+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 1127 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 54 104 504 1004 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Top 3 Favorite Manga "Explain"

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Top 3 Favorite Manga "Explain"

My top three favs would have to be:

Ranma 1/2: Always number one in my book! ^_^ Gender confusion, people turning into animals, sexual tension, and an old man who steals panties. It doesn't get any better than that. LOL.

Naruto: This manga is WAY better than the show--to me at least. I like the artwork, the action and the story. I always end up fiending for the next issue, like it's crack. ^_^

And finally...

Love Hina: One man in a hotel full of attractive women (and a 12 year old who on and off is crushing on you)? Do I need to say more?

Newbie glacier may be famous one day glacier may be famous one day glacier's Avatar
    Thanks

Here's mine..

1st: ghost in the shell. many friends of mine think i'm not advanced enough [from thinking capacity] to read this stuff. i was watched the first gits movie and fall in love with it. then i found the manga 3 days after i watched it and it's also my birthday so my dad just bought that for me. since then, this masamune shirow's work always be the number one.

2nd: Rurouni Kenshin~Meiji Kenkaku Romantan. the plot's flow smoothly. great combination between historical legend and fictional story of nobuhiro watsuki. especially when it comes to confrontation between Kenshin and his brother-in-law, enishi.

3rd: X. Great story. another masterpiece of CLAMP. story about the affection of nature and love.
    Last edited by glacier; Feb 16, 2007 at 09:46 PM. Reason: word mistake

Newbie paulguido is off to a good start paulguido's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey this is a totally different subject, i have a question theres an anime called prince of tennis, and its pretty interesting to me it is. and im at episode 146 and the subtitles is now in french. its suppose to be english and i dont understand japanese so can you somehow find the guy who updated prince of tennis that has episode that the subtitiles are in english, or could you updat it for me please and thank you. im new to this site

Wo chao xi huan ni Mahjong Champion, Shape Game Champion, Solitaire Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion, Looney Tunes Mahjong Champion, Elite Mahjong Champion, MahJong Champion, Mahjong XY Champion mahiru may be famous one day mahiru may be famous one day mahiru's Avatar
    Thanks

Okay... so, no particular order for mine, but...

- Death Note - Okay... I LOVE LOVE LOVE Death Note. Why? Because the plot is just so... intriguing. And Raito is amazing <3 haha. Also, the live-action Death Note has Tatsuya Fujiwara and Ken'ichi Matusyama!! How awesome is that?!

- Hana-Kimi - Though it was kinda dragged out in my opinion (then abrupt in the end), I still love Hana-Kimi. It is one of the few series that, even after I read it online, I still wanted to buy it (so I did xD). Also, it has a hilarious Taiwanese drama based off it, that has Ella from S.H.E as Mizuki, and she is totally who I would have picked for the role so that is great <3!

- Marmalade Boy - This manga will always have a special place in my heart, because it is the first series I read all the way through. <3

I would also like to mention my favourite manhwa, because I wasn't sure if I was allowed to put it in the list above ^^; It is Goong.
    Wo shi zhen zhen zhen xi huan ni...

Thank you Equinn!! ^-^

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Oooohh!! Umm...

1. Ayashi No Ceres; storyline is enchanting- mysterious, dark, romantic.. it's inevitable to fall in love with it..

2. Love Hina; God, i love this manga. Had me laughing the whole way through..

3. Imadoki!; cute, short.. A nice manga to pass time with..

yay! ^ ^

Newbie wutupmon is off to a good start wutupmon's Avatar
    Thanks

Woot! (My first post)
    Okay then,
    1. My all time favorite manga (at least out of the ones I've read) would have to be Angel Sanctuary because I love the characters (how they're drawn) and how much Kaori Yuki had to study to put all that detail into the story (and I can't wait for the last 2 books to come out).
    2. My second and third are basically tied, so my next favorite, I think, is Hana-Kimi cuz the whole story line is pretty funny and almost everything that happens is either messed up by Umeda or someone else that's really goofy (Umeda's family is pretty strange, huh?).
    3. Finally, I really like the FullMetal Alchemist manga (even though I've only read the first book) because I like the alchemy stuff that's in it (although that's also why I liked the anime, but then it had to go and end, darn it).
    If your gonna cry, you'd be better off doing it for something worth while.

Otaku Karn may be famous one day Karn may be famous one day Karn's Avatar
    Thanks

1. The Phoenix
    Writer/Artist: Osamu Tezuka
    Why:
    - The most ambitious manga story I've read. The Phoenix Volume 1 ("Dawn") is the "beginning" of the story (taking place around late-200 AD) and Volume 2 ("Future") is the "end" (taking place sometime in the year 3000). The 10 other stories that followed continued this pattern, going from the past to future until they came closer to converging into the present (which never happened due to Tezuka's death).
    - Each tale can be read stand alone, but together they make up a story of masterful scope, with the character of the Phoenix central in all. Religion, politics, redemption, creation, rebirth, social status, obsession, action, meditation, comedy - along with wonderful panel design and fourth wall breakage that makes Grant Morrison's Animal Man look tame in comparison - Phoenix runs with all these ideas and more - and never stumbles despite the heavy load. Truly unique with great structure and pacing.

2. Buddha
    Writer/Artist: Osamu Tezuka
    Why:
    - I think very highly of The Phoenix, so its no surprise that the comic that comes closest to it on my list - and in terms of scope - is another Osamu Tezuka manga. Basically, the manga follows the life of the historical figure Siddhartha Gautama and his spiritual journey, and adds in some fictional characters and events for dramatic effect. Buddha deals with many of the same concepts the Phoenix does, like religion (naturally), harmony with nature, and social class. Its also got a lot of wonderfully done action sequences, and of course contains Tezuka's trademark humor that I enjoy so much. The series also starts off with one of my favorite scenes in any manga.

3. Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
    Writer/Artist: Hitoshi Ashinano
    Why:
    - The most relaxing manga I've ever read. If I had to sum up YKK in one word, the word would be "atmosphere". There is no "story" per se, just moments in time. Characters age, but there is no rush. Sometimes a whole chapter will be "spent" on just noting the cool breeze, or showing a character's trek by foot to town and back again. A very charming series with great re-read value.

Newbie wormish32 may be famous one day wormish32 may be famous one day wormish32's Avatar
    Thanks

Gah so many to choose from...

1st: Fruits Basket - I started reading the manga after I watched the anime series because, despite its conclusive ending, I wanted more!!! Now I'm even more obsessed with the manga than I was the anime. The character development, plot twists, and dimension all condensed into a single, solitary series are what give the show its advantage over the rest

2nd: Ranma 1/2 - Its got the whole package. There's romance, humour, and action. I've always been a sucker for romantic comedies, but I also enjoy the occassional can of woopass. There is one flaw this series has, though: AN ACTUAL PLOT. Still, I enjoy reading it during my spare time

3rd: Peach Girl - The epitome of shojo, and yet incredibly good and innovative. Contrary to popular belief, it's not cliche at all and it keeps you very entertained

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 1127 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 54 104 504 1004 ... LastLast