+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 1701 1 2 3 4 11 51 101 501 1001 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: What manga are you currently reading?

Otaku Cinlilly is off to a good start
    Thanks

What manga are you currently reading?

Just as the title says! Please give info on what you're currently reading like why you're reading it, what keeps you coming back to it, what it's about, favorite character so far, etc.

I'm actually reading quite a few series. Uh, I'll start with Vampire Knight. I shouldn't have to explain what it's about due to the threads about it that have been rather active for the past few weeks. xD; Go visit one of them if you don't know. But the reason why I'm reading it is because I LOVE the art. It's just amazing. It's far better than the anime art, which is a bit of a surprise, in my opinion. And of course the story line is interesting, plus I like the concept of vampires going to night school for some reason.
    Vampire Knight - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Next is After School Nightmare: There are 7 volumes out so far and I find it really interesting. It's about this boy who's half girl, lol. He goes to these after school classes on Thursdays... or Wednesdays, I can't remember, and he and this other classmates fall asleep in separate cloaked beds and they all share the same nightmare. In the game-like dream, the participants must find the key to the gate that allows them to "graduate". The key is always hidden in one of the classmates bodies, so the have to attack and kill each other in the dream to get it!
    So yes, like I said, I find it interesting and it's sorta shounen-ai (light boy on boy), too. I also like the drama. X3
    After School Nightmare - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

... Ookkkaaayy next up is God Child: This one is fairly popular. I don't have time to explain XD; so Godchild - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia . Obviously, my favorite character so far is Cain and his brother Jizabel (Cain's older half brother). The art is good (the art has to be good or else I won't read it, unfortunately), and the story is very interesting. Cain's father is out to get him with his cult, Delilah. Cain has to solve these murder mysteries and find out more information on the evil cult and kill his father before his father kills him!! *bwuuaaahhh* (<- me trying to sound scary)

I'm also reading Fuits Basket, and Ouran High School Host Club.

And I'm probably going to read Uzumaki, as well. But I gotta run so toodles.

YOUR TURN, gogogo!
    Last edited by Cinlilly; May 30, 2008 at 06:47 AM.

ಥ__ಥ

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: What manga are you currently reading?

Im reading GTO again i love this anime ,Negima,DragonBall Z again,Yu Gi Oh again the second book series and new ones that are Full Metal Alchemist,Black Cat,Naruto ,Bleach,and one more Death Note for fun already have read it though.

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

I reading a few, like Vampire hunter D, Kingdom hearts and cardcaptor, got the first book of all manga i got and i like it
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

Reading... Bleach; Blackcat XD.... and thats mostly it...
    Bleach: its really good because well... its funny... mostly...
    Blackcat: really good and funny also...
    (most death in manga's are funny...)
    death and life are one and the same

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

well i've just started reading manga a couple months ago, and i must say the one i'm sucked into the most is Suzuka. I love the whole teenage romance aspect, plus the fact that the main character is really bad with the ladies. he reminds me a lot of myself.

idk, i love the manga but its anime sucks. ah well.

I'm also partial to My Heavenly Hockey Club. That's just one of those mangas where there's a story, but its a little loose, and you normally just get a bunch of funny situations, and its a great contrast to suzuka.
    Why hello there!

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm reading xxxHolic... well I'm going to ^bag^ I must still get the next part, but yah. It's my first manga too. I watched the anime and I decided that I love it enough to read the manga too, plus I heard the manga goes further than the anime. But it's even better than I had expected! In one manga there is stuff from like 3 anime episodes and plus some never before seen things. And the drawings are just as good as in the anime and you can easily imagine the action going on ^^
    Last edited by wondersland; Sep 22, 2013 at 02:09 AM.

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Otaku Cinlilly is off to a good start
    Thanks

:3 omg how cute, we have a few first timers. And I want more info from you guys. Be creative!

I'm learning about new manga (yay). I'll have to look up Suzuka. Oddly enough, that happens to be the username of one of the mods here. It must be good.

ಥ__ಥ

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm currently re-reading a classic called Yaiba. Yaiba itself is one of the first anime series that i really got fond of. Many years later, i missed seeing it on TV so i decided to read the manga instead...funny how i never even thought about reading it back then.

Here's my take on Yaiba, it's a light hearted Samurai comedy about the (mis)adventures of a young samurai named Yaiba Kurogane. One of the most evident features of Yaiba is its usage of historical figures as characters like Miyamoto Musashi and his rival Kojiro Sasaki, Jubei Yagyu, Kotaro Fuma, and Goemon Ishikawa just to name a few. If you are familiar with the names that i mentioned you'll most likely get the idea that this is also an action-packed series, it is. Yaiba is full of gags and parodies but if you stay on it long enough it will gradually turn into a well-rounded action title. The story never loses its light-heartedness even in its more serious arcs.

The story is set in a fictionally modern-day Japan...Yep, it mixed historical and modern-day content. You could say that the character roster is quite generic but they have characteristics that make them more than the usual, you have this legendary samurai that is a suicidal drunk, you have life-long rivals-one is an old man but the other is a young and handsome womanizer (explaining it would be considered a spoiler), yadda yadda..

The art looks like a more crude version of Detective Conan's (Cased Closed) coz it is an earlier work of the popular mangaka Gosho Aoyama.

I'm always keeping myself updated with the story of more recent stuff like Naruto, Bleach, etc. so let's also count them in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 1701 1 2 3 4 11 51 101 501 1001 ... LastLast