Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Where can I find affordable manga?

Otaku Moonlight_Huang hou may be famous one day Moonlight_Huang hou may be famous one day Moonlight_Huang hou's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Where can I find affordable manga?

amazon.com always have a lot of books and occasionally good deals I think. ^_^

Newbie Gunny_32 may be famous one day Gunny_32 may be famous one day Gunny_32's Avatar
    Thanks

Have you tried barns and noble they have some affordable manga

Newbie Kloud may be famous one day Kloud may be famous one day Kloud's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZeRoGravity View Post
    It really depends on the distributor. Manga by tokyopop are usually $10 US if I remember correctly. Whereas Del Rey's are a little more expensive.

You can go to conventions to buy manga. If there is one near your area. You can haggle, tax free and if you buy in bulks, you can usually get a good deal from the dealers.
    Very true, if you can, stave off buying a series and go ahead and buy a large amount of it at Convention Booths, they're usually really nice and willing to save you some money compared to Retail Bookstores. I do that very thing come June with the local Anime Convention rolls around

Newbie zeldalover may be famous one day zeldalover may be famous one day zeldalover's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kloud View Post
    Very true, if you can, stave off buying a series and go ahead and buy a large amount of it at Convention Booths, they're usually really nice and willing to save you some money compared to Retail Bookstores. I do that very thing come June with the local Anime Convention rolls around
    do you happen to mean somthing like... sakura-kon?
    animetheme.com one of the best anime sites ive ever been to.

Otaku ska_lives may be famous one day ska_lives may be famous one day ska_lives's Avatar
    Thanks

well, everyone has made relevant points on where to buy physical copies of some mangas. I myself usually dl bit torrents of the ones i like from various torrent sites and toriyamaworld.com the have a decent selection. Yet you can never fail with B&N, Ebay, and your local comic store... don't forget to try the publishers website they always have issues of their materials for sale.

Newbie sataani may be famous one day sataani may be famous one day sataani's Avatar
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: Where can I find affordable manga?

you can actually find anime books where you might least expect them. i found some across the street from my dentist at a small shopping mall!!they were only $5.00 my thoughts then how!?!?!?!?!? you know. just take a look in a couple stores with books on the shelf.....you'll see see ya around

Newbie zeldalover may be famous one day zeldalover may be famous one day zeldalover's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sataani View Post
    you can actually find anime books where you might least expect them. i found some across the street from my dentist at a small shopping mall!!they were only $5.00 my thoughts then how!?!?!?!?!? you know. just take a look in a couple stores with books on the shelf.....you'll see see ya around
    ok, ive been looking around and i cant seem to locate a barnes and noble, where can i find one close to lake stevens?
    animetheme.com one of the best anime sites ive ever been to.

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zeldalover View Post
    ok, ive been looking around and i cant seem to locate a barnes and noble, where can i find one close to lake stevens?
    Just check out the website they tell you all the locations as well as other info you can also search for what your looking for to see if they even carry it. Sometimes big stores like that don't carry all the volumes or even an entire series. Its best to check the site first.

Barnes & Noble.com - Books, Used & Out of Print, Textbooks, Children's Books, DVDs, Music, Toys

I really don't buy manga anymore (its rare that I do) but I always look online first so see which store have it the cheapest or atleast carry something. You never know what you can find online.
    Last edited by solking; Jan 05, 2007 at 10:06 AM. Reason: added link

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast