Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why not religious manga? Classic good versus evil...

Newbie horseman is off to a good start
    Thanks

Why not religious manga? Classic good versus evil...

For epic stories of good verses evil, why not religious manga? I know that some people get hot when you talk religion or politics. But you could do a story in a respectful way. It makes for a good story. Something different. No one has done this. So I did.

A story about good verses evil, starting with Satan tempting Jesus in a desert, in the holy city, and on a mountain. See poetic, symbolic, and realistic art. Jesus and Satan duel, manga/comic book style. This is a work in progress and I would like some feedback, as well as your answers to the question.

SEE PARTS 1, 2, AND 3:
    Tempt The Messiah:

***If you are interested in the art process, you can access a link from the bottom of part 3 that talks about that.

x._Loveless.Murder_.x Aiora may be famous one day Aiora may be famous one day Aiora's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Why not religious manga? Classic good verses evil...

Quote Originally Posted by horseman View Post
    For epic stories of good verses evil, why not religious manga? I know that some people get hot when you talk religion or politics. But you could do a story in a respectful way. It makes for a good story. Something different. No one has done this. So I did.

A story about good verses evil, starting with Satan tempting Jesus in a desert, in the holy city, and on a mountain. See poetic, symbolic, and realistic art. Jesus and Satan duel, manga/comic book style. This is a work in progress and I would like some feedback, as well as your answers to the question.

SEE PARTS 1, 2, AND 3:
    Tempt The Messiah:

***If you are interested in the art process, you can access a link from the bottom of part 3 that talks about that.
    actually there is religous manga, it is Trinity Blood, it is based on the Roman Catholic Church though

-".. Chase the morning, yield for nothing."

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Why not Hellsing? Decades of violent Catholic vs. Protestant incidents.

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

there are mangas out there that have some religion in them like Trinity Blood,Hellsing, well i dunno if i would call them religious but they do have some religion in them
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

As a matter of fact, many anime and manga portray religious conflict. Just not on the foreground or in an obscenely obvious way.

Otaku alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3's Avatar
    Malaysia -> Sabah -> Kota Kinabalu -> Jalan Kepayan
    Thanks

Yes, religious mangas DO make a good story but must be planned properly without offending the religion. It also depends which country you're from, e.g If you offended Islam accidentally in countries like Malaysia, even if the government can't do anything to you, the people will.

Otaku Mitsu-O! is off to a good start Mitsu-O!'s Avatar
    Thanks

I wonder if Neon Genesis Evangelion counts a a "religious" manga. I keep talking about it so much, its insane. Also, there is a good chance that D. Gray Man is a religious manga as well.
    More than bored; Sad. More than sad; Unhappy. More than unhappy; Ill. More than ill; Alone in the world. More than alone in the world; In Exile. More than in exile; Dead. More than dead;forgotten.......

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Wink Re: Why not religious manga? Classic good verses evil...

Well, there are out there some religious manga... it is not abvious though... Hmmmm... hellsing, even Bleach has some religious point of views. Even though it is nice that you have think about a direct religious manga, that is awesome I applaude you for that.
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast