Closed Thread
Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Your first Manga

Newbie Bio-link may be famous one day Bio-link may be famous one day Bio-link's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Your first Manga

my first manga was FMA and though it was my first i still have to say it was the best of all the manga that i have read in the past few years

The brighter a light shines, the thicker the shadows fall

Otaku dragonman may be famous one day dragonman may be famous one day dragonman's Avatar
    Thanks

My first manga was chobits. A friend of mine told to read it and I did. It turns out that I really liked it. I'm really glad that I was able to read Chobits. I was sad when I finished reading all eight, but I'm glad that i got into anime.
    "May the force be with you"- Yoda

Newbie Mandy Rin is off to a good start Mandy Rin's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dragonman View Post
    My first manga was chobits. A friend of mine told to read it and I did. It turns out that I really liked it. I'm really glad that I was able to read Chobits. I was sad when I finished reading all eight, but I'm glad that i got into anime.
    I came across a 'Digimon' comic one day in the newsagents, and bought it, being obsessed at the time. I say 'comic' because that's what it was, and even now I am using the term liberally - there was no carefully styled artwork, interesting plotline or even authenticity to the characters. Now that I look back on it, only the sentimental value has prevented me from sending it to its fiery demise. It's not really a manga, but it was an introduction into it.

A few years after I hit high-school, someone in my class (I have no idea who) was passing around a copy of CLAMP's 'Chobits' in a similar manner to primary school boys passing around a 'Playboy'. Which is not all that unfitting a comparision, if you consider the abundant fan-service and nudity within the pages of this seemingly innocent book.

Although a bit put off (read: scared and confused) by the content, I nevertheless went out and bought it, admiring the art. Hence my induction into the world of anime and manga.
    "Guys who intrude on other peoples’ paths of love hit their heads on a corner of tofu and die." - Mizuki Ashiya, Hana Kimi

Newbie Leng no Baka may be famous one day Leng no Baka may be famous one day Leng no Baka's Avatar
    Thanks

I choose Negima, its awesome; reason was maybe because there were a lot of girls and it was the same creator of love hina i think.

Newbie tsubasaangel12 is off to a good start tsubasaangel12's Avatar
    Thanks

Smile Re: Your first Manga

mine was fruits basket- a couple years back, my friend was reading it in class and i wondered wat it was. she didnt let me read hers (idk y) >:P
    anyway, so i got one from the library and immeadiatly fell in love with it!(or kyo, i should say lol )

Newbie Alina sedai is off to a good start Alina sedai's Avatar
    Thanks

My first Manga was Love Hina. I was introduced to it by a friend, and read the first book, and fell in love. The story was romantic, yet funny, and the story really came to life. its drawn exceptionally well, and were full of life. Being that it was my first manga, i was unsure, but since TWO people told me about it, i figured what the hey, i'll try it. I later learned that my favorite show growing up (Sailor Moon!) was an anime, and Manga too! so i guess that means that was tecniclly my first? I read some of the sailor moon manga later, and watched episodes in Japanese, but found that i liked the english better. :P dont ask me why. When i was a kid i had all the music lyrics memorized and i even had the tape hehe.

anyways, if you havent read Love Hina i suggest it, its very good, and the theme is used in almost everyones real lives, which makes it even more fun.
    My Baby

Newbie Sleeping0wl is off to a good start Sleeping0wl's Avatar
    Thanks

The first manga i ever read was Bleach. I read it because i was new to the anime/manga scene and i wanted to try out some manga. I chose bleach because it seemed like a safe bet since it was popular. That was about two years ago and i am still reading it. (i am reading others to now)

Newbie Icecold4u is off to a good start Icecold4u's Avatar
    Thanks

My first mangas (one was a gift, one was myself) that I read was
    Sgt. Frog (myself)
    and my very very spesho from ameh brought me a yaoi, and I didn't know it was a yaoi,
    it was Fake Fur, and an explicit yaoi named Gakuen Heaven, and anybody that has read that...knows how it starts (turn the first page, you go blind, yet very happeh)

Closed Thread
Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 ... LastLast