Closed Thread
Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Your first Manga

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

Re: Your first Manga

Well, I had read some that others had lent to me, I can't remember what the first one was.

I do remember the first one I bought. It took a long time for the comic store near me to carry Manga. Then one of the store decided to try one title out, if it sold well they'd stock others.

It was Sailor Moon. I was so, desperate for manga, I didn't care what it was! I bought a copy right away. It sold out right away, so they started stocking other titles. Then the other shop started. Now I get most of it through a web-site.

In a way I think starting out with Sailor Moon being my first bought manga, it gave me an appreciation for all manga. To this day, I still read all sorts of Manga.

Newbie maruki is off to a good start maruki's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Darkened_Star
    One of my friends asked me what my first manga was and I had to think about it. She also asked me why I read it. So I thought I'd ask you... What was your first manga, when, and why? ...Did you enjoy it too???

Mine was Bleach about a year ago, because my sister had brought them with her over the summer a while back. She wanted me to read them because she thought I'd like it. So far they're okay... I'm still reading them so i can't say much more...^_^ But as for it being my first, I apparently liked it because i almost read manga more than I watch anime.
    My first manga was Fushigi Yugi. It was last summer too. It was very addicting because i wanted to know what happens. I love it because it lead me to read others like Inuyasha.

I hope you enjoy the book. I too hope to read Bleach soon after I finish reading others that grows long on my list.
    Last edited by Dragon Ball; Nov 18, 2007 at 02:06 AM. Reason: Please don't double post. Use the EDIT button instead.

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

What the heck, I may as well throw my 2 cents worth in...

I only recently brought my first Manga, just over a month ago. I got my hands on the first Naruto Manga at a local bookshop. Never realized just how much they tweek the details for the TV. I'm not saying they change everything, hell no, it's just in the Manga "Sexy No Jitsue" is "Ninja Centerfold", Dopplegangers are replaced with clones, along with a few othr little things. It's still a good read, just never knew that. Well, it was my first Manga after all...

I then got my hands on Gundam Seed Astray Manga 1, a parallel series to Gundam Seed set right along side it's events, just from a different point of view. Rather liked it, not that that would have been hard. I like big robots & bigger guns :P. Going back to the bookstore I got it from, it turned out they aren't making them anymore or something like that, so I've ordered in the copy of Manga 2 they had in a wharehouse, while grabbing Manga 3 there & then. Haven't read 3 yet, think I'll wait for 2 to arrive first.

And though she's not addicted yet, my sister will be soon enough. I finished arranging a few things, money & time namely, so she'll get some for Christmas. I think it might be better not to mention too many details just yet, since she might wanna peek at what I get up to, but I'm happy to test the quality of the merchandise. Good story in this lot. Again, story's a little different, but I guess that's to be expected...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Newbie Patxi_Metal may be famous one day Patxi_Metal may be famous one day Patxi_Metal's Avatar
    Thanks

I think my first manga was Dragon Ball.I liked cuz of the funny battles and different story line.I read it because it was in a Shonen Jump's column.Right now I'm reading Naruto,Buso Renkin,etc.

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Naruto was my first official manga, and even now, I'm still following it. I originally started reading it 'cuz the anime was onto the fillers and I'm not a very patient person - I didn't wanna wait to see what happened next. Now I prefer manga to anime, simply because I dislike it when things drag on unnecessarily. That's not to say that I don't watch anime at all. =]

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

My first manga was actually Cardcaptor Sakura. I read it with Wolf_of_the_North. I was very surprised that I liked something so . . . well, girly. I really identified with her older brother (Toya), though . . . my younger sister would agree.

Otaku LEtters Champion, PopWord Champion, Alphabet Soup Champion, Baby Destruction Champion bellocanlver is off to a good start
    Thanks

It was when i was 5 yrs. old and it was dragonball, at first i was confused bcuz it was very different from anything i've read but then i got use to it and i <3 it! =3 since then i buy and read new manga

Banned mveli2 is off to a good start
    Thanks

well my first manga was i think full metal panic i found it at a anime store and i really enjoyed it so i read the rest of them and they are so cool and funny too

Closed Thread
Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 33 ... LastLast