Closed Thread
Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Your first Manga

Otaku Just Pitching Champion, Mile High Club Champion, Penguin Dive Champion, Gold Strike Champion Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Your first Manga

Quote Originally Posted by NevesElocin View Post
    My first manga was Tenchi Muyo! I loved the show when I was younger and when I saw the book I begged my mom to buy it for me. I think I was about eight or nine at the time so that was about 1998. I got every volume as they came out and started to compare them with the anime. To this day I still cherish those manga more than all the others that I have now, even though I've graduated to bigger and better things.
    That's awesome! My second manga is sort of like that to me. It was Angel Sanctuary. My best friend Caleb was always reading them in english class, so I asked to barrow them. I had seen them before, but didn't figure I would like it much. It was cool having that in common with him once I did read them... I still cherish it just because of that fact.

Caleb and my sister are the reasons I got into reading manga. ^_^

Come dance in the rain with me, no one is watching.

Newbie marz_loveless is off to a good start marz_loveless's Avatar
    Thanks

my first manga was mars. i read it cuz one of my friends had it with her at school and she told me that they were really good. so i read it and sure enough. hmmm....come to think of it that was.....*counts on fingers* 7 years ago^^. and after that it was fruits basket.

Newbie worldpeace2529 is off to a good start worldpeace2529's Avatar
    Thanks

The first manga series I've EVER read was Fruits Basket... It's really good, right now it's on volume 23 in Japan, and Volume 15? here in U.S. I mostly get it scanlated from different websites and stuff... Well anyways it was really good, then I decided to watch the anime, and I hope they make a season 2 of it cuz it's not finished, it stopped at vol. 8 of the manga... well I actually prefer anime more than manga, so I hope they make the rest into an anime... ooooooh did I say too much?

Otaku alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3's Avatar
    Malaysia -> Sabah -> Kota Kinabalu -> Jalan Kepayan
    Thanks

My first manga was Ranma 1/2, it's got 38 volumes but I only get to read until like somewhere between vol. 10~20 coz of a tragic . . . Now I obsessed with Negima . . . (both manga and the new episodes, the manga is at volume 19 now)

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

My first manga was Love Hina.. I believe I chose it because everything else looked boring or generic and the first few pages were pretty good. I thought of looking at Qwan or however it's spelled but then I read the back it seemed too commonplace.

The volumes I have are funny, especially the ones with lots of Mutsumi. I've only got about five of them, but I've seen the anime and trust me, the manga is way better I really want to get the rest of the books.

This is a seriously funny manga with great characters and an okay story line, I so recommend this if you want a laugh.
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

Newbie Crash Override may be famous one day Crash Override may be famous one day Crash Override's Avatar
    Thanks

My first manga was chobits
    my friend he is really into this stuff and got me into it and recommended chobits, i thought it was good and funny
    Im the one who walks and lives in the shadows.

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

Mine was Ramma1/2

I only bought the first one, and it was a way to branch away from the mangas my big brothers read.

I loved and, and read it over and over lol.^^
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Wo chao xi huan ni Mahjong Champion, Shape Game Champion, Solitaire Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion, Looney Tunes Mahjong Champion, Elite Mahjong Champion, MahJong Champion, Mahjong XY Champion mahiru may be famous one day mahiru may be famous one day mahiru's Avatar
    Thanks

My first manga was Mars... One of my friends had volumes 1-4 with her once, and I had nothing else to do, so I took one and just sat down. I liked it a reasonable amount, and recommend it to anyone who likes the usual cute lovestories.
    I suppose it does hold a special place for me because it was my first manga, but it's also important to me because it was the first manga-turned-Taiwanese-drama that I watched =D Vic Zhou has awesome hair, perfect for the character of Rei~ <3 xD
    Wo shi zhen zhen zhen xi huan ni...

Thank you Equinn!! ^-^

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast