Thread: Introduction.1 - Character Sketch

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

Introduction.1 - Character Sketch

I realized that some of our members may want something different than poetry every now and then. I also realized, we may have some good fanfic writers out there. I thought I'd give character sketch lessons for anyone who'd enjoy it.

Selecting: Finding a Real Character

A character sketch is a brief, colorful description based on a real person. It can exist by itself or as a part of a longer piece of writing.
    A key to good writing is selecting a good subject and bringing it to life. If you begin with the physical characteristics, you should include the appearance, the surroundings, and the background. Putting the person in a setting and establishing a personal history will create a more complete and interesting character.

Collecting: Gathering Deatails

Overemphasizing the physical characteristics of a person is a good thing. Although it is important for the reader to "see" your character, usually that means seeing the character inside as well as out.

If I get a good response (questions and commentary) I'll continue with the idea of a character sketch.
    Seduced by Flesh

S.E.L - sexy etna lover Baal may be famous one day Baal may be famous one day Baal's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Introduction.1 - Character Sketch

Can u give example i cant get it right

and u got a miss spell
    in details.

perdoname michelle!

Devoted Otaku Nympho may be famous one day Nympho may be famous one day Nympho's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes Sensai, so what are you asking? A small character sketch? A long one? In what kind of format? I think your directions were a little thin.

I'm a glass child. I am Hannah's regrets. Monster.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

An artificial wind blows through his little box of sky.
    His hair, so black the ravens envy it, softly dances around his eyes.
    Brown skin, worn with sun and pain sticks out against the blue walls.

Melted Chocolate eyes seem transfixed in something so real but so fake. HP dropping, stats increasing, story progressing, fingers twitching.
    So much energy, so much time, his entire being seems encased in it. The spine contorts to his case, everything becoming smaller and bigger than it had originally been.

but one little voice. small. a whisper. His eyes break free, his beautiful body springs with life, the echos in his throat flow out gentle and strong.

With one glimmer of an eye and a touch of the hand, my soul comes back to me. I rejoice that my love chooses to gaze at me, my heart swells.

To speak a few words that resonate so deeply in my heart...

"Can i have some DP**?"

Finitoendu

**DP is AbuDhabian for Dr Pepper, my favorite sodie pop!
    Last edited by Abu Dhabi; Aug 23, 2006 at 12:00 AM. Reason: spelling

Thanks

Well, I really wasnt asking for anything. I was just posting information about character sketches. In fact, I'll post more info and I'll make a practice when I get home from school.
    Seduced by Flesh

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

Character development....realism...well, I do have one character that I made based off of an anime that doesn't have any special powers at all....but let's say it was my first attempt with her and didn't make things flow exactly in description of her physical self...or kinda, but still. I attatched text that starts off with her simple description and then parts of story that she lived through as sometimes other people interact in the story I created for her.

Let's say my character is the female character at the start, all you'll know till you read on
    Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

Thanks

I have yet to get to anything with the character sketch yet.. Lol. Sorry for my lateness. Trying to get other things planned for this wonderful clan.
    Seduced by Flesh