Thread: Workout.1 - Definition Essay!

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

Workout.1 - Definition Essay!

Now, we're gonna take what we brainstormed in practice.1 - Essays to include in a definition essay.
    • Definition Essay - A piece of writing that defines a word or event.

I believe there are 4 steps before writing an outline. These 4 steps are:

1. What is the term to be defined?

2. Who is the intended audience for the writing? Is this a general audience for which terms must be broken down in laymen's terms(everyday words) or is it a specific audience that will know technical terms and do not require anymore definition?

3. What is the purpose for the intended definition?

4. What other pattern(s) of organization will you employ to complete an extended definition? See the list below:

Explanation of a Process Definition (further)
    Description Comparison/Contrast
    Classification Cause/Effect
    Narrative (Anecdotal Illustration)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    In this Workout.1 - Definition Essay I ask that you just create an outline for your essay. Gather all of the information you will need and combine it to make one neat little outline.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I. INTRODUCTION:
    Thesis

#A. Your thesis should include the following information: A. The term to be defined.
    # B. Sentence definition of the term.
    # C. Reason(s) for giving a more detailed definition
    # D. The kinds of additional information that will be used to extend the definition

II. BODY
    (The paragraphs! Now, dont be afraid to write more than 3 paragraphs! In fact, I encourage you greatly to write more than 3 paragraphs.)

III. CONCLUSION
    (Usually there is no formal closing that is specific to the definition essay. It might end as a description, a comparison/contrast, a process analysis, etc. However, a comment about the term, or a summarizing statement regarding the paper itself, may often be included.)
    Seduced by Flesh

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Workout.1 - Definition Essay!

Will anyone do this workout?
    Seduced by Flesh

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

to be honest, I don't think anyone wants to write an essay in their spare time...

>.< i'm sorry! It's just my observation!

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

1. What is the term to be defined?

My philosophy

2. Who is the intended audience for the writing? Is this a general audience for which terms must be broken down in laymen's terms(everyday words) or is it a specific audience that will know technical terms and do not require anymore definition?

Those aimed to try to understand this are mature people who have seen various philosophers like Rousseau, Nietzsche, Montaigne, The fathers of Liberalism and that's enough for now xD

3. What is the purpose for the intended definition?

Of defining myself and getting my moral back up xD

4. What other pattern(s) of organization will you employ to complete an extended definition? See the list below:

Explanation of a Process Definition (further)
    Description Comparison/Contrast
    Classification Cause/Effect
    Narrative (Anecdotal Illustration)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    In this Workout.1 - Definition Essay I ask that you just create an outline for your essay. Gather all of the information you will need and combine it to make one neat little outline.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I shall try to compare myself to the philosophers I have named, confront my thoughts with theirs and try to find the elements that fit me best. I will use the material that I have gained during my philosophy class and the 40 pages of notes I took XD

It may take a while to write it all down...but I shall do so or may I eternally remain lost in my thoughts and never know what I want :P

Good night for now...zzz
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

S.E.L - sexy etna lover Baal may be famous one day Baal may be famous one day Baal's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post

to be honest, I don't think anyone wants to write an essay in their spare time...

>.< i'm sorry! It's just my observation!
    Si.. and i still can't do it cuz ima not a philosofer.

perdoname michelle!

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

You don't need to be a philosopher to write something up. You just have to look for things in books, on the internet or from your own personal experience and try to explain to the better of your knowledge the word you wish to define. I chose philosophy, you could choose any word you would wish. It doesn't need to be something complexe or anything, trying is the only way you'll be able to know if you can or can't doing it. Saying in advance that you can't simply makes you give up without trying, which I find sad to do so. Try it for the fun of it, if you can't write something complete, simply writing about it will be great in itself. You don't need to be good at it, that's why it's called a Practice
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME