+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 5 meanings

Newbie kantichaoslord may be famous one day kantichaoslord may be famous one day kantichaoslord's Avatar
    Thanks

5 meanings

This is the reason why I never tell teenagers to watch Evangelion. It's way too complex and in-depth to understand at that point.

One instance is the 5 children. They all represent at least one trait from the Kubler-Ross model.

1. Denial and isolation: "This is not happening to me."
    2. Anger: "How dare you do this to me?!" (either referring to a god, the late person, or themselves)
    3. Bargaining: "Just let me live to see my son graduate."
    4. Depression: "I can't bear to face going through this, putting my family through this."
    5. Acceptance: "I'm ready, I don't want to struggle anymore."

There's two holy trinities protrayed as well, but the easiest to see is Gendo, Shinji, and Rei. Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Mmm, there's so much behind Evangelion and thats why I enjoy the series so much. You learn a thing or two each time you watch it.

Otaku Drkduality may be famous one day Drkduality may be famous one day Drkduality's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: 5 meanings

I love that show. but i know what you mean, my sister get really impatiant with it. In my opinion you either relate to one of the characters and love the series or you don't get it and just get confused.

My first self-made sig.

Newbie kantichaoslord may be famous one day kantichaoslord may be famous one day kantichaoslord's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah same most of gainax work is like that

Thats why I love them there anime is great especially flcl
    but I still dont get why they are so poor

Demon Loving Only Himself Self Loving Carnage may be famous one day Self Loving Carnage may be famous one day Self Loving Carnage's Avatar
    Thanks

I enjoy Neon Genesis a lot (and I'm a teenager. lol). Every time you watch it you learn something new and gain new interpretations from it.
    I recently noticed that there were 9 branches of the life tree and 9 EVA series.

I have also toyed with this idea. I learned some things from research:
    Lilith is the name of Adam's first wife. I think it's the same for the series. Lilith apparantly wasn't into the male dominance idea and was banned from Paradise. God supposedly sent three angels to her to try and persuade her to conform and come back to Eden with Adam. When she refused, God made her have 100 babies a day and would kill all of them. I think that is where the angels in the show come from, they were her kids. As to be expected, she wanted to destroy mankind because they were allowed to live unlike her children. This is only a theory though.

It's wierd how you can watch it and every time discover something you missed the previous time. That's one of the things that makes it so good. You just can't get tired of it because you're always learning. This has got to be my favorite anime series of all time. ^^
    Last edited by Self Loving Carnage; Jul 02, 2006 at 05:24 AM.

Thanks

I made about 9 branches about eva if you want the answers check em out

Otaku Drkduality may be famous one day Drkduality may be famous one day Drkduality's Avatar
    Thanks

wait i didn't flcl was by the same people too. that show was interesting you could watch it a million times and still not feel like you had a good grasp of whats going on. That was perhaps the shortest aime i ever saw but definatly one of my favorites.

My first self-made sig.

Thanks

Yeah It was made by gainax thats the only reason I started watching it

Otaku mechataku may be famous one day mechataku may be famous one day mechataku's Avatar
    Thanks

first off, im a teenager, and i kinda feel like your stereotyping all teenagers as uneducated. not that im angry or anything, it's just something that i fell the need to mention. i love evangelion, especially because it is deep(plus the evas are some of the coolest mechs around). now that i've said my piece, i'll say that i like every anime that gainax releases. there one of the good studios.
    p.s. which of the 5 children relates which of the 5 kubler-ross model? i got only two or three of them.
    Last edited by mechataku; Jul 03, 2006 at 05:34 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast