+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Big O: What REALLY happened?

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Big O: What REALLY happened?

Quote Originally Posted by ScionofDestiny
    InnerHell's Theory - Everyone in Paradigm City is an android and there are new androids every time the Event starts over.
    "Innerhell's Theory"? When the hell was the android theory my theory? Read back and all that I said was "the show is a show". That's pretty much it. Someone else said that they were androids. Get your facts right.

That said, I completely agreed with everything you said. I never thought that everyone was an android. Hell, it's the first time I've heard of it.
    Last edited by Innerhell; Aug 01, 2006 at 05:37 PM.
    I love my girlfriend.

Otaku ScionofDestiny may be famous one day ScionofDestiny may be famous one day
    Thanks

How ... ironic? Wow, that actually made me laugh, it was so funny. Yeah - it wasn't InnerHell that said that. Redirect that to the person who posted after InnerHell.

Still, the logical arguments against the android theory still apply.

Still, the "show" part you said was fact can be contended as well. For example, the wasteland Schwartzwald found the Big Duo in. There is sunlight there.

The significance of that is simple. The stagelights above Paradigm City are only applicable there. That means the show can't exist outside Paradigm City, and yet, we see that it clearly does.

There are other arguments I could present against the show theory, but I'm going to let up since I was wrong about something very fundamental not that long ago.

... I did mention there were Judeo-Christian themes in the Big O, right? Well, the most obvious one is this.

40 years - 40 days and 40 nights

"The world destroyed by a cataclysm. The power of God wielded by man. Giant robots run amok, everything is a lie."

- Gordon Rosewater

In religious history, 'Cataclysm' refers specifically to Noah's flood. In popular culture, it has been taken to mean any great disaster which causes change, but the word originated from the Bible story.

We thus have two correlating bonds between Noah's Flood and Paradigm City. In this sense, it isn't too hard to think of Paradigm City as an "ark" engineered to save mankind.
    Last edited by ScionofDestiny; Aug 01, 2006 at 06:40 PM.

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you, Scion. You have successfully destroyed all sense of closure I had with Big O. I was trying to believe in the whole "show" theory and then you came along and killed it all. Congratulations. Thank you. I don't know what to believe anymore... *rocks back and forth in a corner*

Anyway... LOL. With all that said, you have done your research. I applaud you. Putting more thought in the biblical references in The Big O and all that. Looking at it in the sense that you are looking at it. Things of that nature. I never really put much thought in it. Good job. We need more people like you in this forum.
    I love my girlfriend.

Otaku Jet Black may be famous one day Jet Black may be famous one day Jet Black's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, I agree. He really does have his facts together. Maybe now you'd like to comment in the anime/manga forum on the thread "Does Big O deserve a 3rd season?" ?

Thank you Sazuka for this awesome signature!

You're a louse, Roger Smith.

Thanks

Well, I'm glad our little misunderstanding is all water under the bridge.

The Big O is fun to talk about. For example, take the meaning of some of the names;

Paradigm Shift - Sudden Change in thought/perception of a subject.

Megadeus - Great God.

Dorothy - Gift of God.

Timothy - Honored of God.

Dan (Dastun) - God is my Judge.

Roger - Renowned Spearman.

Smith - Smite.

Alex - Great.

Alan Gabriel - Precious Messenger.

Angel - Messenger.

Rosewater - Holy Water.

Big O - Omega (last, final)

Schwartzwald - Black Forest (place where many of the fairytales collected by the Brother's Grimm took place - like Little Red Riding Hood)

Otaku Jet Black may be famous one day Jet Black may be famous one day Jet Black's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm... So it seems that the commonly accepted theory - that Big O's ending was entirely conclusive - doesn't necessarily work. In fact, it seems that the accepted theory is almost impossible as the working ending. Very interesting indeed... So the question remains, "what does this all mean? What really happened in those last minutes of season 2? Without a third season, can we ever really know? Is there more to the story that we cannot guess?
    My friends, I believe that we have just begun to see the tip of the proverbial ice berg that is Big O.
    Last edited by Jet Black; Aug 02, 2006 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I'm relatively sure that Paradigm City is an 'ark' developed through complex engineering and quantum theory - but that is just theory on my part.

Thanks

That's certainly an interesting thought. I will say this: I don't think that the series is one big show. Remember the end of the episode Roger the Wanderer, Act 14? I can't quote him directly, but I believe that Roger says something along the lines of "That's right, Dorothy. I'm Roger Smith, and as long as you continue to call me that, then I'm not just an actor in a play!" I believe this to be foreshadowing for season 3.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast