+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: Big O: What REALLY happened?

Otaku Hoods may be famous one day Hoods may be famous one day Hoods's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Big O: What REALLY happened?

I always diliked it. Then when it came on Adult swim decided to give it another shot. After seeing the endind I realized that I not only dislike it but hate it. I feel as though the writers couldn't think of something better so used that as a defualt.
    (opinion)

Newbie Skurei may be famous one day Skurei may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
    There's just one problem with waiting for the final answers. There aren't any scheduled to be made. The creator says that he has something in mind, but his artistic vision has essentially been gagged. He isn't allowed to create the final seasons, simply because Adult Swim won't fund them. If no one says anything, then no one will ever know the truth.

As Schwartzwald once said: "Think, you Paradigm lapdogs! You must THINK!"
    maybe I misunderstood, but what does Adult Swim have to do with funding? They have nothing to do with creating new anime episodes at all. Everything is done in Japan, and Adult Swim has no say in anything except which shows they want to show. My freind interned at Adult Swim and she said if there were going to be extra episodes of Big O then they would do everything they could to help Konaka write the new episodes, even when they have nothing to do with them except show them.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble grumble grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Skurei View Post
    maybe I misunderstood, but what does Adult Swim have to do with funding? They have nothing to do with creating new anime episodes at all. Everything is done in Japan, and Adult Swim has no say in anything except which shows they want to show. My freind interned at Adult Swim and she said if there were going to be extra episodes of Big O then they would do everything they could to help Konaka write the new episodes, even when they have nothing to do with them except show them.
    Keep in mind that the first 13 episode season of the 'Big O' was not considered a financial success in Japan. The only reason why the second set of 13 episodes was produced was because of funding provided by the Cartoon Network for its production (which is also listed in the credits for it). And without the US distributor/broadcaster support Sunrise Studio has no justification for putting any more funding into the 'Big O' when there is no (Japanese) domestic demand for it. (I'm sure that Sunrise would be much more interested in putting resources into the next Gundam Seed series, which they already know has great anticipated demand in the Japanese domestic markets...)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie Skurei may be famous one day Skurei may be famous one day
    Thanks

So the second set wasn't made in Japanese? I've been seeing a lot of Anglo/English names in credits more often, does that mean those shows were also funded by US companies?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble grumble grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Skurei View Post
    So the second set wasn't made in Japanese? I've been seeing a lot of Anglo/English names in credits more often, does that mean those shows were also funded by US companies?
    It was made in Japan, but with funding provided from the cartoon network. There are actually quite a number of anime movies and TV series that have received partial to major funding from US distributors, such as the first 'Ghost in the Shell' Movie, the 'Ninja Scroll TV' series, 'Samurai Gun', 'Kaleido Star', 'IGPX', 'Spider Riders', 'Power Puff Girls Z', the upcoming 'Hellsing Ultimate', just to name a few. But the presence of Anglo/English names in the credits doesn't automatically mean US company funding... It could just be the listing for the English dub production...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku manga fanatic may be famous one day manga fanatic may be famous one day manga fanatic's Avatar
    Thanks

i always knew it was made in japan not that many animes are made fully in america, as for the ending it was all just confusing and i definetly need a 3rd season

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6