Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Elfen Lied

Otaku Shermanator may be famous one day Shermanator may be famous one day
    Thanks

Question Elfen Lied

I just recently finished Elfen Lied and i thought that Lucy was the shadow at the door when that broken clock finally chimed...but I thought the series could have been longer. It was an awesome anime but a little short for me..they left so many things unanswered.

In every world, the God’s always make the rules. You will fall before my fake rules, and for the sin of going against the new world’s God, die.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Elfen Lied

Quote Originally Posted by Shermanator View Post
    I just recently finished Elfen Lied and i thought that Lucy was the shadow at the door when that broken clock finally chimed...but I thought the series could have been longer. It was an awesome anime but a little short for me..they left so many things unanswered.
    That's what the manga is for.

Thanks

well how far does the manga go? or is it still goin?

In every world, the God’s always make the rules. You will fall before my fake rules, and for the sin of going against the new world’s God, die.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

The manga ended at 12 volumes.
    I warn you though, the artwork of the manga is very different from the anime.

Newbie SchneiD may be famous one day SchneiD may be famous one day SchneiD's Avatar
    Thanks

Elfen Lied is a great anime, yea it was kinda short but thats part of what makes it interesting. Perhaps it could of joined the ranks of the other 26 episode animes, but it did its job in the 11-13 episdoes (can't remember). I like it when animes end like this b/c they give you enough resolution to feel that the anime has ended and yet it pushes you to ask questions of what could happen in the future.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    The manga ended at 12 volumes.
    I warn you though, the artwork of the manga is very different from the anime.
    well how does it differ? i mean its not a huge difference is it? i would still be able to tell the differences between the chars right?

Quote Originally Posted by SchneiD View Post
    Elfen Lied is a great anime, yea it was kinda short but thats part of what makes it interesting. Perhaps it could of joined the ranks of the other 26 episode animes, but it did its job in the 11-13 episdoes (can't remember). I like it when animes end like this b/c they give you enough resolution to feel that the anime has ended and yet it pushes you to ask questions of what could happen in the future.
    although it was good..i feel opposite of the short animes...no matter how good it is i need to know what happened! im just like that...i can love and hate an anime at the same time...like hellsing. that was way too short. but im sure it has a manga too.
    Last edited by Hassun; Apr 25, 2007 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Double Posting.

Otaku Hoods may be famous one day Hoods may be famous one day Hoods's Avatar
    Thanks

ONe of the best 11-13 ep series I've seen.I do know that it's 13 but I'm clumping them all together. It was a very different story. I'd put it up there with The Melancholy of haruhi suzumiya.
    I make black history everyday. I don't need a month

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

You should understand that most animes completely detours from the story of the original manga after a certain point in the story. For example lets take Full Metal Alchemist (I'd use Elfen Lied but I havent read the manga so) til the point that Greed appears the main storyline is almost exact to the manga...after that its basically two seperate worlds.

As far as short series go, I believe that they have the most work put in. Its because you have to summarize the story into so many episodes while keeping it interesting. Also this helps prevent the studio from losing money if the series wasnt a success.

Also, leaving the story without a real conclusion leaves a door open to a sequel. I think that the series "Godanner" was suppose to end at 13 but since it did great they extended it to 26(?) episodes. Another note is that this also leaves a lot for fans to work off of with if they create doujinshis aka fanzines.

So as far as Elfen Lied goes it did great working off of just those number of episodes. They may never really do a sequel or anything like that but still, it was an accomplished series. I'm pretty sure that the manga's story was epic in its own way...I really gotta find the manga.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast