Closed Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children!!!

Newbie Captcanada may be famous one day Captcanada may be famous one day Captcanada's Avatar
    well this could be a stretch but i think im in a house
    Thanks

Re: Final Fantasy Vll: Advent Children!!!

Kind of Dissapointing Voice acting. Japanese vocies are better to me. BUT that movie IS awsome!! Definantly worth it. as for the wolf. man its some medaphore but all i can do is speculate.

CLOUD AND TIFA FOREVER!!!
    OH CANADA MY HOME AND NATIVE LAND!!! *although i live in NOR CAL
    To all u Rockers out there... Rock on
    AO Fan Clan

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

I am really disappointed in the movie, I thought it looked amazing and the voices weren’t bad, just not what I expected. The story was ok but I am still having issues with how rushed the whole story felt. Plus Cloud is a loser and could never beat Sephiroth (Sefirosu) once much less twice. Anyone that played the game knows Cloud wasn’t crap it was all Zack and Cloud was just a copycat punk. I will say the move he did to finish off Sephiroth (assumes Omni-Slash?) was kick ass but still…

Anyway, there was a lot of “flying” around that was hard to believe and took away from everything in my opinion but overall the action was great, though like I said earlier it was a bit rushed. Also the main bad guy turning into Sephiroth completely ruined him as a bad guy…I mean what was his name? This movie is why SE needs to stick to games. 2 Final Fantasy movies 2 failed attempts.

Newbie Captcanada may be famous one day Captcanada may be famous one day Captcanada's Avatar
    well this could be a stretch but i think im in a house
    Thanks

ooo harsh man very harsh. even with the flying i thought it kind of kept the whole game feel to it. you know characters in games do all sorts of crazy crap and i thought they did a dang good job making it real and game like at the same time. and the 3 silver haird guys are loosers by the way. and sephiroth rocks. but i thought this was WAY better than their first attempt and is a halfway decent movie
    OH CANADA MY HOME AND NATIVE LAND!!! *although i live in NOR CAL
    To all u Rockers out there... Rock on
    AO Fan Clan

Otaku Hitokiri Battousai may be famous one day Hitokiri Battousai may be famous one day
    Thanks

Is it the coolest movei ever?

Newbie shadowskin may be famous one day shadowskin may be famous one day shadowskin's Avatar
    Thanks

Every time I here those words "final fantasy" I go breathless.
    If final fantasy ain't the greatest thinng that arrived in this world what the heck is.

Otaku cerebrum has disabled reputation cerebrum's Avatar
    Thanks

man is this embarrasing, I just got the DVD today... awww, looks like everythings been discussed... oh ta heck with it -
    I thought the storyline was weak, I would hav thought the movie was GREAT if they developed a better plot to go with it. However the action tossed into the movie compensated for that loss.
    I personally hated the dub version... the voices were decent enough but it was difficult to enjoy the movie when the characters didn't even look like they were speaking.... uh.... yeah.
    Also some of the fight scenes were unrealistic... when the characters really went at it punching and kicking each other... it didn't look all that great. I was mainly there for the sword fights and motorcycling, LOL.

Good movie but definitely not up to my standards.... *sigh*.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=30454&dateline=115992  8199
Your Current Signature Picture
    Sig courtesy goes to : Sazuka. [Sig team]

Newbie zyvx may be famous one day zyvx may be famous one day zyvx's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cerebrum
    man is this embarrasing, I just got the DVD today... awww, looks like everythings been discussed... oh ta heck with it -
    I thought the storyline was weak, I would hav thought the movie was GREAT if they developed a better plot to go with it. However the action tossed into the movie compensated for that loss.
    I personally hated the dub version... the voices were decent enough but it was difficult to enjoy the movie when the characters didn't even look like they were speaking.... uh.... yeah.
    Also some of the fight scenes were unrealistic... when the characters really went at it punching and kicking each other... it didn't look all that great. I was mainly there for the sword fights and motorcycling, LOL.

Good movie but definitely not up to my standards.... *sigh*.
    I agree with you man, the storyline was lackluster, the dub version was poorly done (i would much rather watch the subbed version). I'd have to disagree with your take on the fight scenes tho. Unrealistic as they may be, it was awesome to see all of the characters give cloud a boost on his way to cutting behemoth a new one(Aeris [sp?] giving him the last heave-ho was precious, lol). Most of the fights looked more like dances then fights (i.e. the motorcycle fight scene in the tunnel, you cant really slide a bike like that on pavement unless you had crazy tires), but i thought that they really pulled it off well. I loved how they used alot of the original songs from the game espescially during the key events (sephiroth, aeris) It really reminded me of the gameplay. With that said, the movie was more like a two hour cinematic than a feature length film. i'll give it 3/5 . Hopefully they can get it right next time. If square enix could some how combine advent children and the spirits within, they would have a kickass movie. Take the spirit within's plot and advent children's action and you've got a surefire winner. Well, im going to stop rambling now. Just remember kiddies, I PITY DA FOOL THAT DONT STAY IN SKOOL!! god bless.

"I think I know, I don't think I know, I don't think I think I know, I don't think I think."

Newbie henzor may be famous one day henzor may be famous one day henzor's Avatar
    Thanks

story line was weak? o.O u do realise that u would have to have played through ff7 quite thoroughly to understand alot of the plot intricacies. it might not be the best movie on the planet buh it was well directed and stayed faithful to the game. certainly deserves more credit than ur giving it =P

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast