Closed Thread
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children!!!

Otaku Foreshadow may be famous one day Foreshadow may be famous one day Foreshadow's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children!!!

For me, I enjoyed it about 75-80% of the time, and for the other 20 or 25% I was searching in vain for how one sequence even related to another (I went a little star-eyed when it kept switching around the first time I watched it). Advent Children definitly demands at least a second viewing based on the graphics and fight scenes alone--and also it helps to better understand what's even going on.

*High Points:

Stunning Graphics
    Amazing fight-scenes
    Acceptable voice-performance (there is some definite work needed on the dubbed version, however)
    Great renditions of the characters

*And low...:

The plot (if only they had just developed some of the other characters...and had just worked on the storyline more--it would have been 10 times better. It seemed to me that the movie just rolled from one fight scene right on to another...and that was the movie).

As stated before, they needed more focus to go to the other characters besides Cloud.

The way that one scene transferred to another--it would have made a lot more sense if they had just explained things more.

~ Overall, I give the movie a 7.8 out of 10. Luckily, this movie showed improvement from SE's first attempt at an FF movie. x_x*
    Last edited by Foreshadow; Jun 03, 2006 at 02:15 PM.

---DaRe tO bE nO oNe BuT yOuRsElF---
    {My Blogsite: RR+CV}

Newbie Satomi may be famous one day Satomi may be famous one day Satomi's Avatar
    Thanks

Have seen it in Japanese but not in english. Great visual effects & realistic character design ( God like i could see Reno's veins ) but they didn't have enough time to deepen the story. I'm sure we all got how depressed Cloud was over Aerith's (Aeris- why the hell did they change it?) death (and Zacks' too i suppose) and how weak he felt, but really that's all we got Cloud's wining, the kid's ( Kadaj- nothing personal) going on and on about reunion and a few good speaches from Tifa. Now advent children would have been a great TV series- the guys from Square Enix just didn't have time to cover all personages and develope the storyline so i guess they just made the best of it and that is another 3D action movie.

I also have the CG's from The Dirge of Cerberus - the first time i watched 'em was like watching the sequel .

Newbie Emochild may be famous one day Emochild may be famous one day Emochild's Avatar
    Thanks

I thought it was pure lethal!! especially the fighting [but i preferred the Japanese voices] i thought the wolf represented zack but im not sure because other people i know thought it was aeris.

Newbie shizuma_panic may be famous one day shizuma_panic may be famous one day shizuma_panic's Avatar
    Thanks

The graphics were breath taking, but i felt it was all a bit rushed - brilliant film though alot better than the spirits within if you ask me O.o
    To kiss my fair maidens lips...

Didn't I edit your signature yesterday?
    =:;,,;:=
    The rules are 500*115 pixels max!
    -- Hassun

Otaku Shinigami_of_Light may be famous one day Shinigami_of_Light may be famous one day Shinigami_of_Light's Avatar
    Thanks

THis mo vie was the Shiznit!,It awed me in the graphics I couldn't stop pausing and replaying the fight scenes in slow-motion.Cloud was like the tightest in this movie,he made his video-game counterpart looke like a Tetris game(Not that tetris is bad).Every character put the pimp-mode into the movie,the Cloud v.s. Sephiroth fight was the greatest,like flying samurai,matrix,wire work tat was marvelously pulled off.The graphics mad eit where I had to watch it over again to catch the story.
    Omae o Korosu!

Newbie Shadow Angel may be famous one day Shadow Angel may be famous one day Shadow Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Wish I could see this movie sometime.

Otaku Zaraki Kenpachi may be famous one day Zaraki Kenpachi may be famous one day Zaraki Kenpachi's Avatar
    Thanks

^ Buy it? DLit? Youtube it? you got many choice, I myself thought this movie was ok.. FF7 wasn't my favorite final fantasy though. But this one did blow Spirits within way outta here.

Newbie Broken Toy Angel may be famous one day Broken Toy Angel may be famous one day Broken Toy Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

FFVII wasn't my favorite either, but this movie brought it upquite a bit. Overall I still like other FF titles more but this movie definitely has the cool factor going for it.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 ... LastLast