+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gurren Lagann

Otaku Franco is off to a good start Franco's Avatar
    Thanks

Gurren Lagann

I just saw the final episode of Gurren Lagann's dubbed version on the sci-fi channel and I thought that it was good, it wasn't the typical happy ending like most anime's have, it was a sad happy ending in the regards of how Evagelion should have ended, in that it had a sad happy ending. I felt that it left the viewer wanting more answer's or to see Simon and Nia finally start their lives together. But that is not how Gurren Lagann roll's as they say. When you watch the final minutes of the battle between the Anti-Spirals and Team Gurrenn Lagann, you see Nia start to sparkle, and then you hear her tell Simon that this is what he came here for (?) and he seem's sad while destroying the Anti-Spirals (even thought he seem's like he is enjoying the victory). Then it cut's back to earth and with Simon and Nia finally getting married, which makes us think that this is going to be a happy ending, but instead of them living the same old happily ever after cliche, Nia starts to sparkle, slowly starts to fade away and then we know that she is dead. That's what saved the ending for me because it showed that no one wins in war, yeah Simon saved the day, got the girl, and grew taller then his bro', but this show took a different route in ending the series, instead of having the typical happy ending were the hero wins with no consequences or anything that effects him directly, it show's the consequences of their action's. In choosing to save the world, he chose the lives of the spirals over bowing to the anti-spirals which ironicly ment sacrificing the love of his life, so who benefit's from this ending, if both sides lose? It was not Simon's happiness that was important, but the happiness of the the world and it's future that was the most important, which makes Simon a tragic hero in a way because he loses the most important thing to him in exchange for saving the day, but that is what makes the ending pretty good and something that I did not see coming (well kind of). No wonder this was one of the most talked about anime of the year, this show doesn't disappoint and is a must for anime fan's. Please respond and say what you thought of the ending.
    Last edited by Franco; Nov 11, 2008 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Thought about it more during the day.

Otaku Hoods may be famous one day Hoods may be famous one day Hoods's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gurren Lagann

Definitely a more realistic ending than most where every1 comes back from the dead with no real explanation. I wanna give a shout out to Kittan 4 one the best moments in anime ever! And have u noticed that who ever that girl kisses dies soon after.
    I make black history everyday. I don't need a month

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

I thought the ending was very cool, everyone grew old, but new young guy's came around. I like the way the two battle agains't each other on different universe. I forgot that girls name too, well actually I forgot all their names, lol. but I do like the graphics and everything, its like what a anime fan would want.

Otaku Franco is off to a good start Franco's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hellknight View Post
    I thought the ending was very cool, everyone grew old, but new young guy's came around. I like the way the two battle agains't each other on different universe. I forgot that girls name too, well actually I forgot all their names, lol. but I do like the graphics and everything, its like what a anime fan would want.
    Do you guys mean Yoko, yeah every guy she kisses either dies or lives a life that is lonely (Simon), but did you guys see what she was wearing at the wedding, a tux, that girl has some issues, but who would blame her.

Otaku lessaangel is off to a good start
    Thanks

I think Gurren Lagann is bad ass becuae its cool but its i have to say the best anime i seen so far!!!!!
    The world isn't ready for the truth...

Otaku Hoods may be famous one day Hoods may be famous one day Hoods's Avatar
    Thanks

Who would've thought a random mecha could knock gundam off its throne so easily.
    I make black history everyday. I don't need a month

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hoods View Post
    Who would've thought a random mecha could knock gundam off its throne so easily.
    You can't really compare Gurren Lagann and Gundam, they're not even on the same playing field. Gainax is its own universe of incredible awesomeness.

I believe in you Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion, Forest_Brat Champion, Jungle Dave Champion, Beer Dude 2 Champion, Fly Girl Champion Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sazuka View Post
    You can't really compare Gurren Lagann and Gundam, they're not even on the same playing field. Gainax is its own universe of incredible awesomeness.
    Omg omg omg omg!
    Escaflowne plz. Thx. ILU.

Sorry, I just had to put Escaflowne in, I think there would be serious damage done there. But......hmm would be interesting to see all the mechas duke it all out.

DeviantArt ll Livejournal ll Rainbow Flakes ll Gallery
    Feeling the beat of my heart ♥

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast