Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy endings or sad endings?

Otaku Jet Black may be famous one day Jet Black may be famous one day Jet Black's Avatar
    Thanks

Happy endings or sad endings?

Sadly, no matter how many seasons an anime has, it has to end. All anime's have an ending, and that ending is what gives true artistic liscence to the whole series. Some anime's have happy endings that leave the viewer feeling fullfilled, such as Slayers, Outlaw Star, and Rurouni Kenshin. Other's choose to be quite sad, such as Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist, and (to a different extent) Trigun.
    Which is better? Why? What are some of the happiest and saddest endings to different animes?
    As for me personally, I prefer a good sad ending. It really brings the story home and makes it hit with a larger impact. To me, there's something inherently human in tragedy. Cowboy Bebop just wouldn't have been the same anime without Spike's death. Neither would Trigun have been as powerfull without the death of Wolfwood. What do you think?

Thank you Sazuka for this awesome signature!

You're a louse, Roger Smith.

Otaku mixed fighter girl may be famous one day mixed fighter girl may be famous one day mixed fighter girl's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Happy endings or sad endings?

well sometimes i like sad endings because they are more real like and i can some what relate...but happy endings make me feel good and make me smile.it just depends really. ><sorry i didn't write as much.
    I will fight until i find what i'm looking for...you can not judge me on my apperence I am a Warrior. If you have a problem with me..... then my blades will meet your neck.

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black
    Sadly, no matter how many seasons an anime has, it has to end. All anime's have an ending, and that ending is what gives true artistic liscence to the whole series. Some anime's have happy endings that leave the viewer feeling fullfilled, such as Slayers, Outlaw Star, and Rurouni Kenshin. Other's choose to be quite sad, such as Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist, and (to a different extent) Trigun.
    Which is better? Why? What are some of the happiest and saddest endings to different animes?
    As for me personally, I prefer a good sad ending. It really brings the story home and makes it hit with a larger impact. To me, there's something inherently human in tragedy. Cowboy Bebop just wouldn't have been the same anime without Spike's death. Neither would Trigun have been as powerfull without the death of Wolfwood. What do you think?
    It really depends on the anime and the characters that appear in it. Its true that Cowboy Bebop would've been completely different if Spike hasnt died. Again, my preferences vary by the anime itself.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Shu
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Thanks

sad, but happy at the same time...........(if u wanna know an ex pm me)

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

i really don't care, as long as it's good.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Otaku Jet Black may be famous one day Jet Black may be famous one day Jet Black's Avatar
    Thanks

Good point. I enjoy happy endings, as well. They both have their places in anime, it's just that I love it when an anime goes beyond the norm and makes the series more real. Not that humanity can't be shown through a happy ending, though.....

Thank you Sazuka for this awesome signature!

You're a louse, Roger Smith.

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

I like happy or sad endings, depending on the series and how I'm feeling at the time. I also like endings that have a little bit of both. Some examples of happy yet sad endings are from two of Miyazaki's movies; "Princess Mononoke" (favorite movie of all time), and "Laputa: Castle in the Sky". In both movies something precious was lost in the end and yet something good came out of it.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Wo chao xi huan ni Mahjong Champion, Shape Game Champion, Solitaire Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion, Looney Tunes Mahjong Champion, Elite Mahjong Champion, MahJong Champion, Mahjong XY Champion mahiru may be famous one day mahiru may be famous one day mahiru's Avatar
    Thanks

I like bittersweet endings... They seem to touch me the most. Like the ending of Voices of a Distant Star. It mad me sadder than most sad-ending anime I had seen, but it still gave a feel of hope and comfort... I have no idea if that makes sense or if anyone else has every felt that while watching an anime, but that is what I think ^^;;
    Wo shi zhen zhen zhen xi huan ni...

Thank you Equinn!! ^-^

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast