Closed Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy endings or sad endings?

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

My thoughts exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy the Wonder Penguin View Post
    I think it's difficult to make a blanket "I like happy endings" or "I want to cry at the sad ending." The tone of the particular work should set the stage for how it will end, and that ending should fit. The only way I could say I didn't like an ending is if it felt like a completely different person wrote it, or if it took a turn that was not fitting for the piece.
    i completely agree with u there. whether the anime had a good or bad ending it really is meaningless. to me an ending to either,

1) sum up the series, finish it off with something grand happy or sad its all good. but like u said before lets keep it with the tone of the creator.

2) leave it wide open and let u imagine what could of happen.

both of these type of ending are good. but the one that i'm not sure if every1 hates them, but the ending that just leave u clueless. like u have no idea what has happen and it had just finished there and then, without warning and ur there completely puzzled. those are the ending i hate.

so happy/sad ending are tops in my books.. both have there own little space where they belong. but to have a happy ending for a depressing and dark anime would just be like .

Newbie kiky may be famous one day kiky may be famous one day kiky's Avatar
    Thanks
    thats a nice story you got there

Newbie LiL D may be famous one day LiL D may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HipnautikBoy View Post
    i like happy endings. i cant stand sad or bad endings. its a bad way to leave it off. that means the purpose for what happened in the whole anime was for nothing. -_-
    i Disagree.

All things have to come to an end. I know anime is fantasy, but it reflects some part of modern day life, we live, we die.

In the process they carry out their purpose, it reflects reality, they died having created something greater, for all. Thus making their death and ending more deeper and we will remmeber it more. have a greater impact on us.

___________________Back to main Post__________________________

in Chrono Crusade, the ending is Killing. I was hoping he would cancel the contract. let her live. But they didnt, both died in a Romeo and Juliet Style.

It elevated the Anime a little, but it just left me shocked for a moment.

So overall. I prefere Sad endings, Just because happy ones, leave the viewer craving for more, sad ones Defines the ending of a Journy. The alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. They also make the anime touch reality a little more, and leaves us viewers with an image that might last longer than happy endings.

EG: At the end of Elfen Lied, Nyu/lucy Dies (or Survives but its sort of left open) her remaining horn is shot off. You do not see her 100% back, you see a shadow at the door, that left me with a sense of sadness, and left me with a definitve feeling after the anime, it was deep throughout, and the ending made it deeper.

VanDread, happy ending, left me craving for more and more and more and more and more and more and more (hmm copy paste would help XD) and more and more and more etc.

Sad deffenelty strikes the viewers harder.

I do not want to be remembered, if your remembered, your Dead

Newbie overkill may be famous one day overkill may be famous one day overkill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Happy or sad, closure or not, it simply must need to make sense. Each kind of ending has it's time and place, but when it's done just for the sake of ending a series, I get angry. The same kind of angry every time I finish a game and the ending is short and meaningless.

Probably the most depressing ending ever was for X. Nothing like saving the world at the cost of everyone you ever loved with you personally killing your best friend for the icing. Ouch.

Well id have to say Both are acceptable. But sad endings do plague most of the good animes out there and a sad ending can feel like a slap in the face sometimes. But for me the the worst it an ending without an ending like when they leave it wide open.
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Oct 09, 2006 at 06:07 PM.

Newbie LiL D may be famous one day LiL D may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by overkill View Post
    Well id have to say Both are acceptable. But sad endings do plague most of the good animes out there and a sad ending can feel like a slap in the face sometimes. But for me the the worst it an ending without an ending like when they leave it wide open.
    ye thats really crap, luckly i only got to see this one time

I do not want to be remembered, if your remembered, your Dead

Otaku macky_516 may be famous one day macky_516 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    i like happy endings i want happy endings but that cant always be. some things cant end in a good way even though you want them it keeps anime that good, that real. if they took out the sad parts then what would an anime be? who would watch it? alot of people still will but it wont have the kind of impact it does on those who watch and enjoy it. but i still like happy endings

MICHIERU RULES ALL

Otaku Kiri79 may be famous one day Kiri79 may be famous one day Kiri79's Avatar
    Thanks
    I LOVED D.N.Angel's ending. It was SOOO romantic. Inuyasha's ending (or atleast the american ending) was retarted.

Newbie DHS-Alberio may be famous one day DHS-Alberio may be famous one day DHS-Alberio's Avatar
    Thanks
    A good ending Is what makes the difference though. If it doesn't feel over, or it just leaves you hanging after the last episode, then It's not something I would recommend.
    For example Neon Genesis Evangelion, either I missed something or there was more than one season, but after that last Angel was killed and the main character went into that two episode humanizing thing, it just didn't feel right to end it there. that was a happy ending, I didn't understand it I guess, but it was a happy ending.
    Example two--- Chrno Crusade had a sad ending, lovely but sad. The way that Chrno and Rosette recovered from Zeon's abuse, just to die next to each other at the perfect timing of sunset. It was the only time I could remember crying because of an anime, in fact of any show. It was beautiful, It actually felt like a life's work had been done in those 29 (i think) episodes. At the end it shows the Reverand, as an older man, walking down a crowded street, and he ran into Zeon, who had practically been the Satan (devil) of the show. It showed that, although good prevailed in the end, afterwords evil rose again.

If you watch both series and are like me, you would agree with me on both points. However if you watch any anime that has ended like NGE you would know why I say, it really doesn't matter happy or sad, what matters in the end is good or bad.

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast