Closed Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy endings or sad endings?

Otaku Adarrah may be famous one day Adarrah may be famous one day Adarrah's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Happy endings or sad endings?

Sometimes sad endings is also good. But good endings makes me feel happy. It depends on what series you are watching. Sometimes I would just want an anime with attitude die. lol

Newbie animeimmersion may be famous one day animeimmersion may be famous one day animeimmersion's Avatar
    Thanks

I like happy endings, as I have had alot of sad endings in life, and would like to actually see the hero win once, and see that guy that has nothing really going for him except he would go through HELL for the people he cares about, get that really amazing girl. I mean isn't the whole reason we watch these things is to feel, feelings we can't normally or be reminded of something that did happen and have that feeling again? Example of sad ending I liked was saikano (I cired, and I can count the times I have cried watching anime on 1 hand). Example of a happy ending would be Angelic Layer (cheesy, but happy).

Otaku sachiko ueto may be famous one day sachiko ueto may be famous one day sachiko ueto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black
    Sadly, no matter how many seasons an anime has, it has to end. All anime's have an ending, and that ending is what gives true artistic liscence to the whole series. Some anime's have happy endings that leave the viewer feeling fullfilled, such as Slayers, Outlaw Star, and Rurouni Kenshin. Other's choose to be quite sad, such as Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist, and (to a different extent) Trigun.
    Which is better? Why? What are some of the happiest and saddest endings to different animes?
    As for me personally, I prefer a good sad ending. It really brings the story home and makes it hit with a larger impact. To me, there's something inherently human in tragedy. Cowboy Bebop just wouldn't have been the same anime without Spike's death. Neither would Trigun have been as powerfull without the death of Wolfwood. What do you think?
    True.... a well-chosen sad ending does leave the audience with a greater impact... to me, it's better so people would not expect a happy ending all the time... reality bites but there's nothing to lose if you accept it... and yeah I agree that without Spike's death (and Julia's), Cowboy Bebop wouldn't be such a great hit...

They say you can't use oversized signatures here on AO.

Otaku zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that as long as there was a point to the series the ending can be either. Though a sad ending does impact you more just because you want everything to be happy. But bottom line is if at the end I can say "I understand where the creator was coming from" I think it is good.

+=My Space=+ Thanks zeroenix for the sig and avi... wait that's me. +=zeroenix.net=+

Newbie trinityshiva may be famous one day trinityshiva may be famous one day trinityshiva's Avatar
    Thanks

i do not know whether you are a male or female but one thing i know for sure that you are a glorious human being for you are searching for an answer to a question at the nascent stage of your life which is usually done by the older men like me who consider them selves to be on the thresh hold of the exit door of this world with almost all one leg placed in the grave. i am not a priest and i am not preaching but consider one suggestion that is whether you ever searched for the causal factors responsible for one to conclude that his/her life would have a sad conclusion? number of disappointments are directly proportionate to the number of desires you nurture. if you expect some thing and fail to acheive that something then well, you would be sad. say that a man who has one eye looks at a man with two eyes he would definitely be sad but if we look at a man who is totally blind we feel glad. why this then? it is comparisions that make us sad so we should resolve to compare us with the people who are more unfortunate than us then it is happiness. i request you to develop this attitude. my life had been a big misery that you would understand if you read the home page of my free website [www.shakespearerevived.com] under the title "the life that had been" you would agree with me but i dont consider my life to have been a waste and still consider my self that one day i would be ending this life on a gloriously happy note.
    god bless you
    trinity shiva

Otaku pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks for this cool thread. I would like to begin by saying that I for one enjoy both types of endings. I like the extremely fake happy type endings just as much as the main character dieing type endings. It brings a good balance to anime. It brings a good balance to me.

o~Piggy-san~o

Devoted Otaku hiei9957 may be famous one day hiei9957 may be famous one day hiei9957's Avatar
    Thanks

sad endings because in most of the movies that i watch there is normaly a sad ending.

Tanks zyta

Otaku Jet Black may be famous one day Jet Black may be famous one day Jet Black's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pigtaru
    Thanks for this cool thread. I would like to begin by saying that I for one enjoy both types of endings. I like the extremely fake happy type endings just as much as the main character dieing type endings. It brings a good balance to anime. It brings a good balance to me.
    I agree, both types are great. Too much of either is very bad. A good balance in types of anime endings is necessary in order to maintain acceptability. Balance is the key.

Thank you Sazuka for this awesome signature!

You're a louse, Roger Smith.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast