Closed Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy endings or sad endings?

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

Re: Happy endings or sad endings?

sad ending represent real life
    in anime you know. anime with happy
    ending is for those who are blinded by
    real life or think things should be a certain way
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Otaku Bike Stunts Champion Shonen may be famous one day Shonen may be famous one day Shonen's Avatar
    Thanks

I like sad endings. Well, to be more exact, I like 'em bloody

[Sig-Team Member] [My Profile] [My Gallery]
    *Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of Law*

Otaku rockroc may be famous one day rockroc may be famous one day rockroc's Avatar
    Thanks

I Like when it seems like its gonna be a happy ending, but when the ending comes the bad guy somhow comes to life and kills evereyone that is celebrating the happy victory. so it ends up a sad ending

~ beri-chan ~ hamu-hamu may be famous one day hamu-hamu may be famous one day hamu-hamu's Avatar
    Thanks

It kinda depends on what ypu're watching, but in many ways, it just depends on how the story line is and the characters. Though personally, i think sad endings are better not only because it seems more realistic (since not everything has happy ending) but the way it just happens to be.

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

it really depends. some anime are better off with a happy ending, whereas others would be better off with a sad ending. as for which i prefer, i don't really have a preference. before, i used to love happy endings because i was naive and believed that everything ended "happily ever after". but sad endings make things seem more realistic, so i'd say it's a balance.

Banned Vincent_the_Victorious may be famous one day Vincent_the_Victorious may be famous one day Vincent_the_Victorious's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd rather a sad ending... Why not watch your favorite character die at the end? (...Spike... Curse you Vicious!) But that's the difference between anime from most television or movies.

Newbie Zippy the Wonder Penguin may be famous one day Zippy the Wonder Penguin may be famous one day Zippy the Wonder Penguin's Avatar
    Thanks

I have to agree with the Shermanator. How fulfilling would Cowboy Bebop have been if Spike had lived? Or, on the flipside, would you have the same outlook on Vash the Stampede if he had just killed Knives? The ending of an anime (or any TV or movie) should leave the viewer with some sense of closure. X, while it made some people angry, did just that, so it fulfilled its duty as an "ending."

Some stuff, however, will have an ambiguous ending that I have occasionally enjoyed. Take Perfect Blue, for example. While it traditionally was a null ending (neither happy nor sad), It stilll did its job. Same thing in Ghost in the Shell (take your pick of 1 or 2).

I think it's difficult to make a blanket "I like happy endings" or "I want to cry at the sad ending." The tone of the particular work should set the stage for how it will end, and that ending should fit. The only way I could say I didn't like an ending is if it felt like a completely different person wrote it, or if it took a turn that was not fitting for the piece.
    - Iacta alea est - "The Die are Cast" - Ceasar, upon crossing the Rubicon -

Otaku Meji Imaru may be famous one day Meji Imaru may be famous one day Meji Imaru's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Crash Override
    i like sad endings, like full metal alchemist
    Like wise, but I think they should continue the series under a differnt name with al as the lead

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast