Closed Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy endings or sad endings?

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Happy endings or sad endings?

Depending on the series, I like both. However there are some I wished were the comlete opposite of what actually happened. In the manga 'Mars', for example, I think it had a potential build up of having a sad ending (Kira and Rei both dying for example) but... it didn't. Not only did it not, the ending felt unsatisfactory.

I think I prefer open endings more than I do either the good or bad ones. The last episode of Wolf's Rain, for example had a very depressing build up, then finally gave you a feeling of hope and then...back to the beginning. As disappointing as it seems, it makes me wonder that after the cycle again, would their be any differences? Any changes of action, any 'learning from past mistakes'?
    And then there's Evangelion. Either ending can lead you to say "um.. what the heck?", but when you think about it, it makes you wonder "So... what will happen now?" (on the last.. Platinum dvd, there's a funny tidbit of Shinji's english VA voicing pobably the most common questions and frustrations about the TV ending )
    And even the less serious anime, like Spirited Away can make you wonder about events after the film - I know I had em ^_^; I think it's what drives people to write fanfiction and such, and I like that.

So yeah, bad=good endings, but open endings over both of them ^^
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

Newbie Yuri_kusanagi may be famous one day Yuri_kusanagi may be famous one day Yuri_kusanagi's Avatar
    Thanks

hmm... well, i prefer happy endings,like in cardcaptor sakura,samurai x... ^^

Newbie cloud_902 may be famous one day cloud_902 may be famous one day cloud_902's Avatar
    Thanks

i prefer a sad ending rather than a happy ending at times because it feels more realistic than a happy ending...because if you can see a happy ending, sometimes you just feel that even if they had a happy ending now, it will not always be happy and you never know whats next... but if its a sad ending like the important character dies... the story will really end... but that till depends to the story...

Newbie toast_master may be famous one day toast_master may be famous one day toast_master's Avatar
    Thanks

i lik sad endins bcoz they go all emo n i lauhg at them

Newbie celestial_angel may be famous one day celestial_angel may be famous one day celestial_angel's Avatar
    Thanks

i prefer both of it... i usually like happy ending but when the ending is sad u go emo to the max....

Otaku Arnys Battle 2 Champion sora the king of dreams may be famous one day sora the king of dreams may be famous one day sora the king of dreams's Avatar
    Thanks

I like Happy and Sad ending, but if I had to choose then I would Choose a sad ending...It's because it makes it Better.

I live in the shadows and I am as fast as the speed of light, but I use my ability's to help people even though they fear me for who I am.

A Brand new Theme song for all my friends who use to come to Ao and the People that still come's to Ao.
    http://video.freevideoblog.com/hotte...7631ca1c2a.htm

Otaku Howl_of_Fenrir may be famous one day Howl_of_Fenrir may be famous one day Howl_of_Fenrir's Avatar
    Thanks

I like sad and also happy ending.
    But, I prefer open ending too.
    But, I usually like happy ending than sad ending.
    Because, sad end usually make my hearts ache like Air ending.
    I love you,so please don't love me.

"Maximum signature main image size = 500*115 pixels"

Otaku ~momoko~ may be famous one day ~momoko~ may be famous one day ~momoko~'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black
    Good point. I enjoy happy endings, as well. They both have their places in anime, it's just that I love it when an anime goes beyond the norm and makes the series more real. Not that humanity can't be shown through a happy ending, though.....
    I like both...well..depends on the anime. But I prefer sad endings since it's more real and more of an impact for me (not that I'm really emotional, in fact quite the opposite lol).

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast