Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter 7

Newbie alchemistmaster101 is off to a good start alchemistmaster101's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Harry Potter 7

I finished it 2 days ago, i was a little dissapointed caus ei wanted harry and hermione t oget together... but all in all, it was a great book. too bad it really is the last one in the series. *sigh*
    I love alchemy nad ninjas

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

I am so relieved that Harry and Herminone didn't end up together..that, imo just wouldn't have been right. I wasn't exactly a fan of the idea of her with ron either, but hey it happens

Though..I have to admit..I had my money on one of the three dieing permanently. I was devestated when dobby died. I was disapointed when tonks and Lupin died, but dobby was more devastating to me

Quote Originally Posted by divine_punishment View Post
    Was it just me or did anyone else find her placating Epilogue somewhat like a bad fanfiction? Just curious.
    YES! some how I think it would have been sweeter to leave it with them as 17. not going into the future. Kinda ruined it. Got to leave the readers thinking some what

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I was suprised she even brought Dobby back. It was so abrupted I was like, "whoa, whoa, wait a minute. Alright, when's Lockhart going to come out of no where?"

I don't think killing off Fred was necessary either. I figured Peter's death would be more significant. I thought the Epilogue was approprieate for what happened, I mean after the talk with Dumbledore, there wasn't a whole lot of loose ends to tie up. That was one thing I appreciated. She didn't leave anything out. All was resolved. Except I'd much like to know if Harry got the Auror job he always wanted. I guess that was assumed.

Otaku Donkey Kong Champion boldragon may be famous one day boldragon may be famous one day boldragon's Avatar
    Thanks

my brother already ot the book and read through it, i get so bored and i stop before i get past the first page. lol. but my brother told me what happens and it sucks that alot of people die!

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmmmm. There were a lot of morals she tried to express through the book. Nevertheless, I honestly believe that she stalled for more pages with the repetitive thoughts of Harry. And well.. I had to read climax very slowly or else I would have missed it altogether.. After EVERYTHING.. Old Voldy-moldy is killed by hisown curse that rebounded? Wow.. We couldnt even get a heart clutching duel..

-sigh- And then Harry names his kids after the headmasters? Sirius was forgotten. Unless James Sirius? No idea... and I Draco is a pansy.. But he's hot.

I really want to know what hell the thing under the chair is... BADLY.
    Seduced by Flesh

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Harry and Ginny probably live in the house Sirius gave him though. Just cuz Harry didn't name a kid after him, doesn't mean he wasn't greatly appreciated. Sirius and Harry's parents are who he summoned with the Resurrection Stone, not Dumbledore or Snape. He still loved him.

But I agree, the duel between Harry and Voldemort could've been more epic, a trade of words, a quick flick of both wands, it was essentially a repeat of book 4, except Harry kicked Voldy's ass. That was one part that was kinda dissappointing.

Newbie Sirhc may be famous one day Sirhc may be famous one day Sirhc's Avatar
    Thanks

It was awesome. Couldn't of asked for anything else really. Alothough some of the fantiction wasn't half bad, but it wasn't her work at all and didn't keep the story rolling. Nor did most of them have anything 'new.' Anyways, I was expecting a darker ending with more death, mostly since I watched the 5th movie beforehand. Oh well.

bad fanfiction?
    Hmmmm, ya it did. Since at least one of the fanfics was a love story. Wich usually made Ginny in the end live happily ever after with Harry. Though how could you really make a more interesting epilogue without starting another story branch for Harry.

I liked the surprise of Snape's "truth" since it was a complete turn a round and surprise to me. Though it covered many of the holes in the story and wove the story together beautifully.

The climatic battle was odd though...made sense a little, but odd.

Anyways, I wonder if he was ever allowed to enter gringotts again. Or even get his gold back? Fair price for the freedom of one dragon though.

Naruto Shippuden >> 51 | Gundam 00 >> 24 | FMA >> Ch. 81

Thanks

For a children's book, I'd say the last one was pretty dark, Sirhc. Darker than any of the others combined. Things didn't brighten really until Dumbledore and Harry had their little chit-chat at King's Cross. That's when you knew for certain Harry had won. I always kinda figured Snape liked Lily since the hint in book 5, but I found it ingenius of Dumbledore setting up his own death.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast