+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Macross Zero

Otaku kinetic may be famous one day kinetic may be famous one day kinetic's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Macross Zero

All I can say is wow! I finally saw it thinking it was some knock off but it had nothing to do with the Macross we know (except for Roy Folker).

It is placed in the time before the impact of the SDF Macross, when the world is split by a war between the UN Spacy and The Anti-UN forces. But that is only the back drop to a very engrossing story and a seemless mix of CGI.

I dont know why I wathed so long to see it. I will definatly make it one of my colection. Any one else see it? What did you think?
    MAY YOU DAY BE BRIGHT, AND YOUR ASSOCATION WITH MORONS BE MINIMAL. EXTRA MEDICATION FOR ALL!!!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Macross Zero

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Actually, the big explosion shown at the start of the first episode was the crashing of the spacecraft on Macross island, so the series actually starts from the impact of the SDF Macross and covers the unification wars...

The series was originally planned to cover the early days of Lynn Minmay and the recovery/rebuilding of the SDF-1, but was eventually changed to the Polynesian based story that was made. It's a real kick to see the prototype Valkyries and that Destroid done in full modern CGI glory...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku kinetic may be famous one day kinetic may be famous one day kinetic's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Actually, the big explosion shown at the start of the first episode was the crashing of the spacecraft on Macross island, so the series actually starts from the impact of the SDF Macross and covers the unification wars...

The series was originally planned to cover the early days of Lynn Minmay and the recovery/rebuilding of the SDF-1, but was eventually changed to the Polynesian based story that was made. It's a real kick to see the prototype Valkyries and that Destroid done in full modern CGI glory...
    Really I did not know that, cool you learn something new every day.
    MAY YOU DAY BE BRIGHT, AND YOUR ASSOCATION WITH MORONS BE MINIMAL. EXTRA MEDICATION FOR ALL!!!

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

I watched this some time ago. The only macross I know is from Macross Plus, so I can't really compare to anything from this world to this small 6 epîsode creation. I really appreciated the CG in this show and the story made me love every second of watching it with all the special effects and music scores that made this anime something to remember. I was happily surprised that the ending song was in French, which I hadn't ever seen before in a Japanese animation without having any outside translation beforehand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

Thanks

I know what you mean, but it seems to be the same for all the macross series, they tend to move away from the norm and take you to some place you never imagined. And befor you know it you like where it takes you.

Banned TumbleDry is off to a good start TumbleDry's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kinetic View Post
    I know what you mean, but it seems to be the same for all the macross series, they tend to move away from the norm and take you to some place you never imagined. And befor you know it you like where it takes you.
    I remember the first time I saw it, it was like 2 am in the morning and was thinking the same thing. It really was a great series and movies.

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

ahh macross...i loved everone of them even the macross 7...where it's rock and roll, robots, and aliens. especially in the "super robot wars'' game i love using these guys...

click here
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

+ Reply to Thread