This sequence of numbers is shown in the AEL scene (on the far wall from Misato, Ritsuko and Shinji):

2, 8, 20, 28, 50, 32, 128 (added together form 268).

Putting each value into a web based gematria server gives interesting results. 50 gives you the transliteration of ADMH: red earth, the soil, Earth of Chesed. The last value is 128 which gives you the transliteration of IHVH ALHINV which means: God, the Eternal One.

This could be interpreted as Rei's poem/monologue if given numerical values and if the numbers are cross-referenced through the four-span hebrew letters.

Try it yourself!

Also, there's something else I noticed that can only really be seen in the animatic of this episode in the AEL.

Find the shot with the number sequence then look up towards the top right of the screen, you’ll see something like: (rud±du)s/V2)M, no idea what that means. There is also another symbol for a chemical or compound that is hidden in the coloured episode, it’s hidden underneath a bit of equipment. I couldn't make it out myself but it is in the lower left hand corner when you have the wide shot of the room.

http://www.mysticalinternet.com/gema...system=hebrew#