+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prince of Tennis Final Episode

Otaku LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13's Avatar
    Thanks

Prince of Tennis Final Episode

So, I haven't really been keeping up with the series like I used to, but I went ahead and watched the last episode anyways. Like I said, I haven't been watching it, so I didn't understand the "no tennis" thing, but even besides that, it was a lousy ending.

The fact that Ryoma shot himself...ok, tennis was all he had so I could maybe see him going to such extremes if it were taken from him. But nobody seemed to care! Hell, the one girl was smiling when she told the other girl. Let's face it, he was the main character, a popular guy, and friends with every character to appear on the show practically. Shouldn't there have been more emotion about "OMG he shot himself!?!"

And then he died. And still nobody cared!
    "Oh gosh, I hope he's okay!"
    "Well, I suppose you all heard that Echizen died, right?"
    "Serious? Well that sucks."

And that was about the level of emotion shown. No one cried; no one looked like they felt bad; nothing. There was an complete void of emotion that made me very disgusted with the episode, especially considering it was the last one. The whole "Well, shit happens" attitude towards the death of the popular main character...well, I've never seen that before, and I never want to again. It's like the script writers were just like "Eh, I wanna get home, so just type something out real quick."

Did anyone else watch the end to this series and feel anything particular about it?
    "True kindness isn't something we're born with; it's something we have to work at. We have to mold it and shape it with ourselves. Not everyone has it, but I think everyone has the potential. Sometimes you just have to look really close before you can tell it's there." -- Kyoko Honda Fruits Basket
    ~ ~

Newbie shadowskin may be famous one day shadowskin may be famous one day shadowskin's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Prince of Tennis Final Episode

Is prince of tennis really cool. I mean, I;ve seen it in shonen jumps but never bother to read it

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shadowskin
    Is prince of tennis really cool. I mean, I;ve seen it in shonen jumps but never bother to read it
    it depends on what sort of anime you're into, but for the majority of people, i'd say you'll like it.

i haven't seen the final episode of prince of tennis yet (i'm only up to episode 70 or something lol) but from what i've heard from others, it's a rather sad ending.

Newbie dien04 may be famous one day dien04 may be famous one day dien04's Avatar
    Thanks

the thing that echizen returned just to beat the crap out of tezuka was...draggy. i don't know...it's just weird....but nonetheless i liked the ending anyway.

yukimura's back from the hospital and in the entrance ceremony of the nationals, he told tezuka this, "see you in the court at the finals!" after that, tezuka gathered the team up and said something japanese (haha, but i know those are moving words anyway...)

oh and hyotei was able to enter the nationals...too bad st. rudolph wasn't..haha who cares?
    "We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.”
    So Nostalgic

Newbie Prince of Tennis girl may be famous one day Prince of Tennis girl may be famous one day
    Thanks

Where did you watch the last ep. of Prince of Tennis??
    How many eps. are there??

Please Answer A.S.A.P!!^^

Newbie dien04 may be famous one day dien04 may be famous one day dien04's Avatar
    Thanks

in youtube...i watched the last episode there....
    "We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.”
    So Nostalgic

+ Reply to Thread